655 students|Dade

Bad
Good

I have been applying to this school for several years. I have heard great things about this school. Hopefully one day my daughter will get accepted.

My daughter attended here for 2 years she didn't like it. A lot of bulling, high turn over with the teachers it seems like every time my daughter got comfortable the teacher quit or got fired. Wouldn't recommend when you complain about bulling they made it seemed like it was something you did. Glad I transferred.

Stephanie My two children have attend DMCS for the past three years, and we love it. It is an A school unlike many of the public schools in Miami. The best part about the school is that it requires the parents to be involved at least 20hrs a year. They do a lot to help the children succeed, like after school, Saturday, and Spring break tutoring. Teachers are always will to stay after school with student to help them with anything. This is my daughters last year there and trying to find a school that isn't a private school to compare to it is seeming impossible.

My daughter has attended DMC since kintergarten and she is now in 4th grade. The teachers are excellent! I am dissapointed because last year they solely focused on the FCAT. The school does not offer any extra curricular activities such as sports team, music, etc... They went from a C to a D school. I think the principal and administrators did a poor job. There should be a balance on days to have the kids focus on the FCAT and have some days for them to do something else. This is what you get for putting to much pressure on kids with that FCAT. All that tutoring 6 days a week and in class the same thing. I hope this year is different other wise I'm moving my child.

This is my daugther 1st year at Miami Downtown Chater School. I have to say, it been a great experience for her. She love's her teach Mrs. Weekes, Awsome teacher and a Beautiful person. I have to say, that my daugther had done excellent job, since, I transfer her to Miami Downtown Charter school. They care of for each student education! I give the school an A

This is my daughters first year at DMCS and loves the fact that the school is small and i love the one on one attention that every student recieves.

This school is amazing! Not only does it teach them academically, but they also give back to the less fortunate people in our community!

This is my daugther second year at DMCS and she enjoys and loves going attending school.

This is was my daughter first year at DMCS and she loves it. She actually love her teacher and all the staff that give more than 100%. They helped her and me a lot for her to bring her average for reading and math for the FCAT exam... Thank you all keep up the good work.

Last modified Downtown Miami Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.