Archimedean Academy

Charter | K-5 | 579 students

Posted May 8, 2008

Archimedean Academy has it all. ..The best Before and After School Program, my son is in school since 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and when I go to pick him-up he doesn't want to leave. The teachers are the most loving, caring and knowledgable people I have met. As a parent I can't be any happier...Best school ever..Thank you

Posted February 28, 2008

I am a 7th grade student at Archimedean (Middle Conservatory) and out of all the schools I've been to, this one is the best. I love Archimedean because I have been in this school since fourth grade and everyone feels like family because of the great environment. All the teachers are great, fun, easy to talk to, and not strict at all. I feel like I am getting a very good education because the classes are very small and the teachers are there to help us students when we need help. I think that our school is very cool and unique because we started learning pre-algebra in 4th grade (in greek math) and in math class, we always learn a year ahead (so I am in 7th grade learning 8th grade math). And we've been doing college math since 5th grade! So basically, Archimedean is the best school ever!
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 31, 2008

My name is Christina Vizcaino and I am the Assistant Principal of Archimedean Academy. I have worked in a number of schools in the private, public and chartered sectors. I've never been happier! The quality of education I see the students receiving at the school is unmatched! The school has heart and soul!

Posted November 8, 2007

My son has been attending Archimedean since Kindergarden and he is now in 4th Grade. We are both extremely happy with the school. The teachers and staff are wonderful,caring and well qualified. The academic curriculum is very challenging and keeps my son on his toes. The gifted program is wonderful. My son can now read, write & speak Greek as well as perform math in both the american method as well as Greek. We are moving to Homestead, and we are willing to take the drive to ensure our son gets the best quality education for years to come.

Posted May 29, 2007

my daughter is in pre-k4 and I would receive memos on a daily basis from Mrs. Morgado. tell me how many schools will teach your 4 yr old not just the alphabet, but the full alphabet in Greek, also how to count up to 100 in Greek, as well as in english. This school to me is a miracle. I just hope that by the time my daughter is ready for high school, they will have it available.

Posted March 23, 2007

Archimedean Academy is a charter school with a focus on Mathematics and the Greek Language. Although the Math program is excellent (my son's Greek math teacher has a PhD in Math), I don't feel my son is receiving a well-rounded education. He receives 2 hours a day of Greek, (a language which he has no use for) but Spanish is not offered, except in afterschool care. The students have limited access to computers, the school lacks in the Arts area, and the administration is extremely disorganized. On the plus side, the school has excellent teachers, very high parental involvement, small class sizes with teacher assistants, and the look and feel of a private school.

Posted March 17, 2007

The quality of education in the school is excellent. The curicullum is very demanding. Some of the teachers have MS/MAs and PhDs. High expectations are placed on the students. The school is very young, it is only 4 years old. However, it has great parental support, and community support.

Posted January 3, 2007

I have been in two different private schools, fairly good, but we enjoyed Archimedean Academy the most, specially middle school. The teachers are great, the leadership and discipline are very good. I highly recommend it. My daughters enjoy Greek and the extra math!

Posted December 14, 2006

Archimedean Academy is one of the best at academics. Their math and reading practices exceeds those of most schools. I believe my daughter's education surpasses the education of most regular public schools, the math program is excellent. They are however very disorganized. School activities are not properly organized and most notices are not given in a timely matter. Lack of communocation is something this school needs to work on.

Posted September 18, 2006

It is a normal practice to violate the normal learning process established by the text books chosen for every subject but particularly in math. For example in third grade they will cover all the content in six month. There kids are learning a piece of everything leaving behind a lot of voids as they fly?over the contents. Parents and kid are frustrated and overloaded with homework. To that add the Greek language, which mandatory. It is an organization growing too fast and kids and parents are paying the toll of the corresponding try-and-error typical in these cases.

Posted March 16, 2006

This school is a greek charter school located in the area of Kendall, Florida. The quality of its academic programs is quite high. The availability of music and arts and other extracurricular activities is there. However, the quality is not as high as it is in the academica area. I believe this is so though, because it is a new school and so, I find that it lacks some organizational factors. But, overall I do like the school.

Posted February 14, 2006

Excellent school parents are very involved

Posted August 20, 2005

Archimedean is the best school period! The chalenging curriculum, the outstanding teachers, the family enviroment and the after school activities all stimulate the children to excel. This school has been ranked top 100 schools in all of the state of Florida and Florida is BIG! The school mascot is the OWL (wisdom)we don't have to say more because ARCHIMEDEAN is # 1 my 2 children think so and I think so. Glorivelisse GARCIA

Posted July 26, 2005

I found Archimedean Academy to be superior in all categories. My son will be in first grade after attending Archimedean Academy his kindergarten year. He excelled in his subjects due to the diligence of his teachers and was happy to go to school every day. We look forward to another great year!

Posted June 27, 2005

This has been my son's first year at Archimedean, he began in Oct 2004 in the fourth grade. Although he is struggling in Math, the school has been nothing but great. The teachers are excellent, particularly the 4th grade English teacher and the Principal is one of the wisest and caring persons I've yet to meet. The curriculum is tough but well planned and the kids are learning to speak Greek. They offer soccer, music, chess and Greek Language tutoring as after school care. My son had not been exposed to a public school coming from private. He started FCAT writing with a '0' and received a 3.5. We as parents are very involved with the school and the children. We help out as much as we can to make our School better. We are very happy with the decison to enroll my son at Archimedean!

Posted June 24, 2005

This is a very great school. I have 3 kids, 13 yrs old,then 11, and 7, so is obvious they have been to a few schools and this is the best school that I have seen so far. Only my 7 yrs old is here, we always tell her she is the lucky one, cause I found this school for her. The best thing is the math, she is taught 2 different math classes, mental and regular math, they also teach Greek Language. They have piano, violin, and chess classes in the after school program. They also have boys and girls soccer teams. The parent involvement is very big, we have to do 30 volunteer hours a year, but most of us do a lot more. Some of the parents get plaques, because of the hours they do. Overall I personally think this is the best school in Florida. Thank You.

Posted June 15, 2005

As a university educator and outside observer, I found the quality of this school to be exemplary in several categories. First, the administration has articulated a clear vision and mission for the school. The school's pioneering founder deserves the highest accolades for his patience, genius, and tenacity in structuring the curriculum and selecting the right teachers. The daunting task of scheduling appropriate classses has been achieved creatively and effectively. The teaching practices observed, which subsume content-literacy approaches for Greek, seem excellent and partly the result of ongoing professional development for the teachers. The technology component, using 'smart boards', posting lessons (audio and notes) on the school's website, is a remarkable component, especially in terms of reinforcing challenging Greek language mathematics lessons. The unique castle-like physical plant is also inspiring. There are many aspects of this effective immersion Greek language and mathematics school that warrant a closer look and replication.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 31, 2005

My children have been attending Archimedean for the past two years and my experience has been great. The class size is great; teacher involvement is exceptional; staff is supportive, knowledgeable, and caring; after-school care and activities are extraordinary, with a wide variety of activities to choose from (my kids are sometimes unable to decide which one they want to sign up for); and the after-school staff are also great. All in all, the school has an atmosphere of a great big loving and involved family, we celebrate the children s birthdays and celebrate the last day of school together (last year the first grade parents took their classes to the movies and treated them to pizza). My kids love their school; they wake up everyday and can t wait to be there so they can be with their teachers and friends.

Posted February 14, 2005

Archimedean Academy ranked better than Frank C. Martin in the FCAT math scores. It was best in Dade County. It is a charter school teaching Greek Language and greek Mathematics. Parental involvement calls for 30 volunteer hours per year from each parent. They have extra curricular soccer, ballet, piano, Greek acceleration, homework help and after care.

Posted August 31, 2004

I'm a new parent and my experience has been very pleasant so far. I love the school staff. I like the fact of the small classes and having the teacher and an assistant to benefit the teaching and learning from the child.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

105 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

105 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

84 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

84 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

85 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

82 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

83 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

83 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

71 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 26%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
School psychologist
School social worker/counselors(s)
Security personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• PE instructor(s)
  • School psychologist
  • Access to sports fields
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • School psychologist
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Security personnel