Public charter
Miami, FL

Posted November 04, 2014
Archie is a demanding but fantastic school. While all Florida Schools are required to follow common core this school does a great job in filling in where common core completely lacks. The teachers in this school are great and are dedicated to your children. My child spent time in a regular public school before coming to this school and had constant discipline and academic issues stemming from a lack of interest on both my child's and the teacher's parts. Now at this school the teachers care about my child's progress and are passionate about what they do. My child is more that just a required number to them and now my child is excelling. This school is both challenging for students and parents as well. If as a parent you are not willing to be involved then this will not be the school for your child. Parent involvement and positive attitude is crucial to your child's success.

Posted September 05, 2014
Okay so I wrote before but here is an update. Since I moved my child to a different school she has flourished! She is being challenge now in L.A and math is still a challenge but that okay. On her FCAT from last year (for reading and writing) she got a 5. I do not give A.A any credit for helping her since her 3rd grade FCAT score were not great. They love to stress kids and your child will be pulled from class if they are not meeting their expectations. Oh and you will not be made aware that they aren't in class or have been pulled to sit with the principal or A.P. They will not call you and when you confront them, they will give you a lame excuse. If your child gets pulled to sit with the principal or A.P ("CSI") they MUST call you to inform you but they wont! Please parent look somewhere else, find a place where your child will flourish and become not so awkward adults because they are in an environment that only worry about their academics but not how to be competitive in todays environment. Good luck looking for school because I know we want the best for our child but sometimes the best offers more then just acedemics!

Posted August 31, 2014
Archie as known by parents, students and staff members is not perfect but no institution is. When there is a problem it is handled privately between involved parties this is to protect the students and families and yes also the school. My son no longer goes to Archie because of the long commute, but we rate this school with 5 stars, if the word academics keeps coming up in the reviews is because you would not find a better school when it comes to academics so its inevitable to point this out, as to Ms. Simpson the word Respect comes to mind. As parents we can't run our kids school as we would our homes and for the teachers their own integrity should prevail. If you are an involve parent and your kid has a love for reading, science and math you'll feel at home at Archie, but if you're a busy parent, and your kid is smart but likes to take it slow with a more relax approach to these subjects this is definitely NOT the school for your family.

Posted August 30, 2014
The best news that has come from this school is the retirement of "principal" Simpson. Hopefully they put a leader with integrity, respect for teachers, but most of all INTEGRITY! The kinds of cover ups this school has endured is disgraceful. It's so horrible it's almost unbelievable. My post would probably be taken down if I described a couple of things. I won't do it to shelter the innocent children and teachers that do posses the qualities "principal" Simpson lacked. Only God will judge her.

Archimedean Academy 3

Posted June 09, 2014
Archimedean Academy is a great school for academics. Teachers are well prepared and organized. The biggest flaw this school has is the administration office and it's staff. Staff members are not always friendly and are rude. . My child was given to a family member who had never picked him/her up from school prior and no ID was requested. Parent volunteers are not asked to complete a background check, I know because I volunteer at this school and I've never been asked to complete a background check as required my Dade county. The lunch program is outrageous and a rip off. If your son/daughter would like to sign up for pizza every Thursday be aware that you will pay $16 for the month, however what the school doesn't tell you is that if there are 5 Thursday's in the month instead of the usual 4 Thursday's then you will be charged $80 instead of $16 for the 5th Thursday. Your child will only learn Greek no other languages other than English will be available during the regular school schedule. Overall I have mixed feelings about the school what keeps me here are the wonderful parental relationships and friendships my child and I have cultivated over the years.

Posted May 27, 2014
I graduated from this school 3 years ago and I have been attending it since Pre-K. At first I loved it, especially since it was good in academics. However, as the years passed, the school got worse and worse. There are so much politics it's not even funny. The teacher's kids get SO many benefits. Also, the teachers are bullies. And speaking of bullying, I was severely bullied in 4th and 5th grade and I told the teachers, but no one did anything about it. This school only gets good test scores because the students are brainwashed into ONLY preparing for the FCAT. And we have to learn Greek language and math here which is pretty cool, but a total waste of time. The school should dedicate its time to getting better facilities and handling children's problems instead of solely focusing on test scores, hiring Greek teachers, and ruining kid's elementary school experience. Most of my friends since the beginning have already left the school for the same reasons. Even the PTA president and her children left as well as several teachers who have children that attended the school! I only recommend the school for antisocial robots who feel no emotion nor care about life.

Posted May 09, 2014
As for the as aftercare, its even worse than the school. The asst principle herself told me that they have complained about the aftercare many times and nothing changes. Last week I picked up my son early and no one could find where my son was. I called later that day to complain and they told me that my son was ok and sitting in class. He had been home with me for almost three hours ...

Posted April 29, 2014
I am a 1st grade student at Archimedean Academy. I love this school because I LOVE every subject.

Posted April 27, 2014
I have commented before, so I won't be repetitious. In almost every review that has 5 stars the word "academics" is used. I wonder if it is the same reviewer, like when the used the dramatic "torn to pieces like a pack of feral dogs" was used. I have heard that before. Lastly, in a recent communication from the schools director, he salutes the ranking by schooldigger.com of AA in the top 25 for FCAT's results for 2013. A little less than candid misuse of statistics, since AA was ranked number 13 for the previous year 2012. So in fact iAA went down from 13th to 25th place at schooldigger.com!!!

Archimedean Academy 4

Posted March 14, 2014
My daughter's been attending Archimedean since Kinder, it's been almost 3 years and even though there are definitely areas for improvement I consider it to be a very good school. She's learning,her math and reading skills are great for a 7yo and I have to say discipline in the school is top priority.I agree with other comments, this is not a school for everyone..there is homework on summer, and for every long weekend too BUT you always know of that with enough time to plan ahead; they do put a lot of emphasis on SATs and FCATs and during test season kids get one-on-one with the teachers for interventions and I know from grades 3 to 5 there's Saturday school where you child is expected to attend in the morning to prep for tests; again, not a school for everyone. Teachers are all great! communication with them is basically via email and their responses and fast. I also have to mention to parents trying to make a decision, my daughter is not a genius, I think she's a smart little girl who gets in trouble every once in a while but even with the pressure of academics and strict discipline she loves her school and her friends! So to me as long as she's happy & learning I'm all good.

Archimedean Academy
12425 Southwest 72nd Street, Miami, FL  33183
Last modified Archimedean Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Archimedean Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 98 reviews. Top