579 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Horrible school . There is no respect of teachers by school principal . This School should not exist.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

In the lower grades the homework is reasonable. But it is ridiculous in the upper grades. and Homework during winter, spring break? Really?

Both of my children go to Archimedean. Just like many, I enrolled my children because of the reputation. However, it is nothing to RAVE about and the school is deteriorating! Yes, they have decent test scores at the expense of your child's emotional health.... Students will have ALOT of homework during their vacations. Also, they will go to Saturday school. In Saturday school, they will only do test prep packets. Teachers are not working with your child during Saturday school, instead a kindergarten teacher will give your 4th grade child a packet and say "Complete it!" In class, they only do test prep packets. It is all about FSA! FSA! FSA! The school is disgusting and extremely dirty. Elementary students eat outside or in a screened outdoor, disgusting terrace. My children complain daily of the heat! There is hardly any grass in their field so the students run and play in DIRT during PE. My children's uniform and shoes are always extremely dirty and all the parents complain of the same. Also, they have no computers and modern technology and the school functions like if they are in 1975. Everything is extremely disorganized. The administration is a mess and the parents can sense the frustration the teachers feel towards the administration's disorganization and lack of support. Dismissal is a mess, the principal will only show face in the beginning of the school year but then she will have her slaves (teachers) do all the dirty work. The school is constantly fundraising for a gym? a Gym really? When your babies eat outside? The school is dirty, with no computers. But YES! Go build a gym. Either way, students will barely have time to play in the gym because the only thing Archimedean does is TEST PREP!!!!!!! So if you want your child to score perfectly in a FSA (that serves no purpose in a real world) then yes, Archimedean is perfect for you and your family! But, if you would like a smart, healthy, well rounded child, than I strongly suggest to go to any other public or charter school in your area. Oh and I forgot to mention, your child will only have Art or music 1 week a quarter. All they care about is TEST SCORES! Shame on the staff of Archimedean to put all that pressure on a child. It is Elementary for goodness sake!

I was convinced and impressed the day I attended the orientation. However, when school started, all my expectations and content with the school went down the drain. I agree with the previous comment that your child will be pulled from class and even given an indoor suspension without notifying the parent. I left several messages and emails to both the teacher and the principal, which were not answered. I plan to make an appointment with the school board to show that this is NOT proper behavior for any school's staff. I had to force my way to see the principal by going to the office and telling the receptionist that I was not leaving until I saw her. This is NOT a school, this is more of a boarding school where they treat your children as if they were criminals and liars. I agree with a strict curriculum and punishment but this goes too far. I have spoken with other parents and even a friend who took her child out of the school. This is my child's first year at AMC. My child has excelled throughout his previous years and received very high scores on his FCATs, however, he is failing this year at AMC.

What can you expect from a school where the teachers sleep with married parents? And Greek teachers make children stand on their knees as punishment?

Archie is a demanding but fantastic school. While all Florida Schools are required to follow common core this school does a great job in filling in where common core completely lacks. The teachers in this school are great and are dedicated to your children. My child spent time in a regular public school before coming to this school and had constant discipline and academic issues stemming from a lack of interest on both my child's and the teacher's parts. Now at this school the teachers care about my child's progress and are passionate about what they do. My child is more that just a required number to them and now my child is excelling. This school is both challenging for students and parents as well. If as a parent you are not willing to be involved then this will not be the school for your child. Parent involvement and positive attitude is crucial to your child's success.

Okay so I wrote before but here is an update. Since I moved my child to a different school she has flourished! She is being challenge now in L.A and math is still a challenge but that okay. On her FCAT from last year (for reading and writing) she got a 5. I do not give A.A any credit for helping her since her 3rd grade FCAT score were not great. They love to stress kids and your child will be pulled from class if they are not meeting their expectations. Oh and you will not be made aware that they aren't in class or have been pulled to sit with the principal or A.P. They will not call you and when you confront them, they will give you a lame excuse. If your child gets pulled to sit with the principal or A.P ("CSI") they MUST call you to inform you but they wont! Please parent look somewhere else, find a place where your child will flourish and become not so awkward adults because they are in an environment that only worry about their academics but not how to be competitive in todays environment. Good luck looking for school because I know we want the best for our child but sometimes the best offers more then just acedemics!

Archie as known by parents, students and staff members is not perfect but no institution is. When there is a problem it is handled privately between involved parties this is to protect the students and families and yes also the school. My son no longer goes to Archie because of the long commute, but we rate this school with 5 stars, if the word academics keeps coming up in the reviews is because you would not find a better school when it comes to academics so its inevitable to point this out, as to Ms. Simpson the word Respect comes to mind. As parents we can't run our kids school as we would our homes and for the teachers their own integrity should prevail. If you are an involve parent and your kid has a love for reading, science and math you'll feel at home at Archie, but if you're a busy parent, and your kid is smart but likes to take it slow with a more relax approach to these subjects this is definitely NOT the school for your family.

Archimedean Academy is a great school for academics. Teachers are well prepared and organized. The biggest flaw this school has is the administration office and it's staff. Staff members are not always friendly and are rude. . My child was given to a family member who had never picked him/her up from school prior and no ID was requested. Parent volunteers are not asked to complete a background check, I know because I volunteer at this school and I've never been asked to complete a background check as required my Dade county. The lunch program is outrageous and a rip off. If your son/daughter would like to sign up for pizza every Thursday be aware that you will pay $16 for the month, however what the school doesn't tell you is that if there are 5 Thursday's in the month instead of the usual 4 Thursday's then you will be charged $80 instead of $16 for the 5th Thursday. Your child will only learn Greek no other languages other than English will be available during the regular school schedule. Overall I have mixed feelings about the school what keeps me here are the wonderful parental relationships and friendships my child and I have cultivated over the years.

I graduated from this school 3 years ago and I have been attending it since Pre-K. At first I loved it, especially since it was good in academics. However, as the years passed, the school got worse and worse. There are so much politics it's not even funny. The teacher's kids get SO many benefits. Also, the teachers are bullies. And speaking of bullying, I was severely bullied in 4th and 5th grade and I told the teachers, but no one did anything about it. This school only gets good test scores because the students are brainwashed into ONLY preparing for the FCAT. And we have to learn Greek language and math here which is pretty cool, but a total waste of time. The school should dedicate its time to getting better facilities and handling children's problems instead of solely focusing on test scores, hiring Greek teachers, and ruining kid's elementary school experience. Most of my friends since the beginning have already left the school for the same reasons. Even the PTA president and her children left as well as several teachers who have children that attended the school! I only recommend the school for antisocial robots who feel no emotion nor care about life.

Last modified Archimedean Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.