Public charter
Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,137

Posted March 07, 2015
The bullying in this school is unacceptable. My childs bestfriend was being bullied. Their parents reported it, but because there was no proof (according to the principal) they ignored it. This school is all based in social class. If your parent is a millionaire then you belong with the popular kids. That is not suppost to happen. The classrooms are also way too small. If you get there late you dont get a place to sit. Doral public schools may not be the cleanest , but the staff,teachers, and kids are way more responsable and have feelings for others.
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 30, 2014
We were called on a Saturday to let us know we won the lottery... We couldn't be more happy!!!! We used to live in Kendall and we moved to Doral that same summer 2013. Our son started Kinder and despite the normal issues he adapted very well to Ms. Diez. This school is excellent we were very blessed our child was accepted. We work very well with their curricula and the teachers are very well prepared. Only 5% of USA kids are educated on charter schools... We were indeed very lucky!!!! We LOVE D.A!!!!!

Posted August 12, 2014
Doral Academy is an amazing school. My daughter started at DA in Kindergarten and I could be any happier that she got accepted! The Teachers have been incredible!! for Kinder she had Mrs. Miguel; an amazing, knowledgeable and caring teacher and for First Grade she had Mrs. Davalos; Lead Teacher, again, knowledgeable and most importantly had great communication with the parents. The staff is wonderful. they are all soooo sweet, even the cafeteria ladies and gents are amazing. The principal and Vice Principle greet your children every now and then in the front of the school. Which is awesome for them to take the time to do so. The ONLY complaint i have is that they should have more sports in the Elementary. Soccer Team, Flag Football, Cheerleading and a Dance team. other than that I give it a 10.

Posted April 13, 2014
Worst PK4 in Doral. If you love your child and want a great and complete education, this is not the place! bad manners and aggressive environment is what you can expect.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 02, 2014
This school is amazing, of course do be great depends that everybody working together, the involvement with the parents, kids teacher, i am happy to be part of Doral academy family

Posted January 31, 2014
I 've been trying to get spot in Doral Academy since 2010 , but it is almost iimpssible. They never give me the feed back about my application. They never call me back. They never inform the exactly day that gonna be the lottery. I really don't know how they have no respect with others and they are A Schools. They are a very close community.
4 people found this helpful

Doral Academy 2

Posted November 04, 2013
the principal have preference helping some friend people... The school more organization in the mornings with the traffic school.

Posted September 02, 2013
My daughter is in 5th grade now and has had a wonderful experience. They prepare her academically as well as socially. She has received a 5 in reading and math every year. The administrators, counselor and teachers are all very approachable. Any time I've had a concern they've been able to help. The families that attend Doral Academy are also very friendly. My daughter has made wonderful friendships that I hope last forever. I would recommend this school to any family. It is hard to find a school with this many caring yet academically rigorous teachers.

Doral Academy 4

Posted January 08, 2013
My daughter joined in PreK 4 and I only wish I had enrolled her since Pre K 3. the Pre K program is exceptional! The kids love the school and after the first week of crying (separation anxiety) my daughter now cant wait to get to school. She is 4 and can now read only after about 5 months at school. Yes, as a parent you have to put in the time to read 15 minutes every day to your child as homework, and you have to practice sight words and family words at home, but it pays off!!! My only wish is that the Principal could smile more and get more involved with all the parents, she looks super stressed out all the time. The teachers are FANTASTIC however and the kids are happy and learning, so smile or no smile they must be doing something right! i just hope the elementary school environment is similar so that it will be smooth transition. My work colleague is encouraging me to move my daughter to the Renniassance which is a 9/10 rating, but perhaps we will stay where my daughter has already developed freindships. Hope this helped you choose....and yes there is a lot of Spanish Spoken, but instruction is 70% in English, it is a good thing to get the kids exposed anyway right?

Doral Academy 2

Posted August 16, 2010
this school does little to prepare for the fcat, unless your child is put in their special program, where they have the student do 2nd and 3rd at the same time, and then when the student repeats the 3rd grade, they take the 3rd grade fcat and their grades are fantastic, it makes the school look good. they do this until 5th grade.the rest of the students are just fillers. to reassure the parents of the fillers, they concentrate on a group of children and the rest? they tell them that the fcat is not that important?? As for the girl bullies. there is little or no punishment, and they are free to continue with their bad behavior.!as for parent involvement, your not going to hear anything truthful, because 90% are illegal aliens, and don't want to draw attention to themselves.
2 people found this helpful

Doral Academy
2450 Northwest 97th Avenue, Miami, FL  33172
Last modified Doral Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Doral Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top