Posted April 23, 2014
I am an AdaMerritt alumni, I had gone there for 10 years, do NOT let your child suffer the way I did. The administration is bias, the teachers are bullies, and the staff is horrible. The administration disregards anything for the students and only care about how the school looks to others. There is not one this that is so special about this school. It is the opposite of a 'nurturing place for heart and minds'. There are only few teachers that care, most have left. DO NOT be fooled by the Portuguese or Spanish language classes, they do not do anything in these classes and expect the students to already be fluent, as you get older the school gets worst. I would not ever reccomend this school, my only regret is not leaving earlier.

Posted April 17, 2014
School has gone downhill in past few years. Office staff are nasty, rude & too busy on their cellphone to help people who walk in. Most great teachers have left thanks to the horrible working environment & a principal who doesn't care. Admin staff is just as bad as office staff. Their response to bullying is to blame the victim & call them liars. All they care about is aappearances!! They don't acknowledge honor roll students even after 8 years of being model students! Horrible place, extremely dirty, no toilet paper in bathrooms, no more butterfly gardens, no more award ceremonies because they rather spend money on extra security staff although they do nothing productive. Principal & Asst principal are both too busy to meet w/parents when there's an issue. This is not a place that "nurtures every child's mind". Its laughable but truly disheartening! Also, school is against technology! What a joke! They bought smart boards but some teachers are so anti-technology they don't use them. Those teachers don't even post homework on class websites! Get with it Ada Merritt! Your school has fallen behind to better schools like Iprep who know how important tech is for education!!!

Posted October 14, 2013
This school is amazing! My son is in the Portuguese program. After his 2nd month of Kindergarten, he was reading and writing portuguese just as good as his english. In addition, he is already writing in cursive. The values and attention they give to the students successfull in every aspect. I am proud to be a part of the Ada Merritt Family!

Posted October 14, 2013
bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying bullying. Principal and high staff only concern is school ratings and image...

Posted October 07, 2013
I'm pulling my child out of this school. My child was hesitant to tell me but I soon found out why she was so hesitant. THERE HAD BEEN DRUG ISSUES THIS YEAR. Since MOST were doing it outside of the school they didn't even penalize them. No detentions, no nothing due to the fact that they had been doing it outside of the school. My child told me that at least one of the students did it in the school, but my child didn't want to 'snitch' because he was afraid that the bullies would target him. I tried to persuade him to tell me, but he didn't. What type of school is this where the students are afraid to tell the staff the problem because their scared of the other children? Like I mentioned before, this school has bullying issues. Now I HIGHLY suggest to take your children out of this school. I tried to speak to the principal but yet again she is 'unavailable'. I have had it with this school and I am transferring my kid to another school.

Ada Merritt K-8 Center 2

Posted October 05, 2013
Ada Merritt not living up to the expectations I had, very dirty staff indifference, poor communication, dodging broken glass on the sidewalks surrounding to school it must be really bad at other places if this is considered good.....

Posted September 23, 2013
Ada Merritt is a wonderful school for my child since she has an american father and a Brazilian mother. I am very pleased with the curriculum and the dedication of the teachers and parents.

Posted September 07, 2013
I am in the seventh grade and i personally love the school probably because it has been the only school i have been to. I am in the purtugese program and i am hispanic and i speak pourtugese very fluently and understand it as well so i woul recomne dthis t any student wanting to come to adamerritt.

Posted April 05, 2013
All in all school is very good. Is there a school where parent do not have complains at all? Private are sometimes not worth the money because you do not get what you are paying, public have their issues and we go from there....this school has good teacher, again we can always complain, after care is not great but at least they offer after care until 7 and is not bad, you can not pretend much for an after care in a public school, let's be honest. Lastly, academically is what it is, the scores show this not the parents comments.

Posted April 03, 2013
This school is impossible to get into. I don't understand why they even request applications when 9/10'th of the students will not get in. They are at max capacity. Children with siblings, spanish nationals and a zillion other preferences have priority whereas my american born only son WHO LIVES ACROSS THE STREET has been denied access to a better education. Ive spoken to the adminitration, to the school board, to everyone under the sun, and apparently my son's education only matters to me. My only option now is to blast them online to see if their prejudice "lottery" that really isn't a lottery because other factors play into their "preferences", gets publicized. My son is now forced to go to the neighborhood school that the highest grade obtained in the last 4 years has been a "C". But of course, the adminitration's students, won the "random selection", everyone comes out winning except people like me in these "lotteries"...

Ada Merritt K-8 Center
660 Southwest 3rd Street, Miami, FL  33130
Last modified Ada Merritt K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ada Merritt K-8 Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 166 reviews.