4,106 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Like I said before, the teachers really teach, and are receptive to the students needs and concerns.

Amount of homework: Agree

Sometimes the homework is too much, but other times is just right. So I would say that students need to learn and there is not enough time at school to absorb all of the knowledge they need so it is OK

Develops character: Agree

Never had any issues of behavior or any other problems requiring intervention. John A. Ferguson has a great team of teachers and Administrators.

John A. Ferguson is a very populated school, but I have always received a good response from teachers and Administrators. Thy listen to you, and try to assist with your questions and concerns. It has been an overall great 4 years for my daughter at Ferguson!

I have 2 Daugthers my oldest daugther went to fergusons IB program, she already graduated, for me ferguson is the best school In Kendall, I don't have any complaints about Ferguson. Mrs. Zucar and Mrs Graham are nice and very Professional, my young daugther is in 10 th grade in the IB program.This is the Best School.

My daughter is on her second year at this school as a sophomore. I have been and am very happy with the school. My daughter is doing great. She's on the cross country and track team with Coach Ryan Raposo! He is a fabulous coach I am very happy with her academic and athletic success. Coach Raposo has a lot to do with her success. THANK YOU!!!

Well I am currently in John A. Ferguson and let me tell you, our school is HUGE!! We have really good teachers here and you are guaranteed an education that is actually worth your time. The only thing that kind of sucks is my Algebra 2 teacher. He's strict. But other than that, GO FALCONS!!!

I've been to many schools such as Sunset and Felix Varela, and they were the worst schools i'd ever been to. After transferring to Ferguson 2 years ago, I've finally found a place I can call home. The teachers are amazing (especially if you're taking Honors/AP classes) and the students are friendly and sociable. I'm now a Senior, and I'm really going to miss all this school has given me. I plan on visiting even after I graduate. No Goal is Too High Where Falcons Fly :)

This school has surpassed my expectations my daughter is a junior and is in the IB strand the principal is a fairly new principal doing a terrific job and the VP's all are key components to why that school is so well run my Daugthers IB lead teacher Mrs Graham is wonderful and her assistant Mrs Suca they are the best and with out all the bragging and financial backing that other IB schools have they are doing a wonderful job so I would love to see this school win and think of how it could be put to good use by such a terrific school that doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

Love this school! Just finished my Freshman year here and it's great! All the teachers I had were great and I really love the whole academy factor The school is huge, so naturally it takes longer than 5 minutes to walk to class, but I havent met one teacher who hasn't given extra time, as long as you don't go overboard! Also, there are SO many clubs, and the uniform is very basic, but the uniform itself isn't bad, three different color shirts, polo or button-down, and two different color pants. Also, the security is really nice and as long as your not doing anything outright stupid, you'll be fine. All in all, I loved my first year, and I would suggest this school to everybody!

Last modified John A. Ferguson Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.