4,106 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 06, 2016
Like I said before, the teachers really teach, and are receptive to the students needs and concerns.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 06, 2016
Sometimes the homework is too much, but other times is just right. So I would say that students need to learn and there is not enough time at school to absorb all of the knowledge they need so it is OK

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 06, 2016
This school has a team of teachers that teach, students learn, and apply their knowledge, which makes them more confident

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 06, 2016
Thee teachers and administration are understanding when a student needs to work on assignments because they have been excused due to illness or special assignments.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 06, 2016
Never had any issues of behavior or any other problems requiring intervention. John A. Ferguson has a great team of teachers and Administrators.

Posted May 06, 2016
John A. Ferguson is a very populated school, but I have always received a good response from teachers and Administrators. Thy listen to you, and try to assist with your questions and concerns. It has been an overall great 4 years for my daughter at Ferguson!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 06, 2016
I am grateful to Mr. Ryan Ellis, Choir Conductor at John A. Ferguson High School. Mr. Ellis is not only a great educator, but a great person, someone who brings the best out of his students, and applauds their talents, encouraging them to feel good about themselves, and boosting their confidence.. I really have not words to express my gratitude because my daughter, who is graduating from High School at Ferguson this year, has had a great experience and has been able to gain the confidence she needed to pursue her musical career. I thank Mr. Ellis because he sees beyond a shy and introverted kid, and understands that music is about expressing oneself and like the Falcon Singers slogan says "Music SPEAKS WHEN WORDS FAIL'. We appreciate you, Mr. Ellis, Congratulations for being the educator and the wonderful person you are!

Posted February 23, 2014
I have 2 Daugthers my oldest daugther went to fergusons IB program, she already graduated, for me ferguson is the best school In Kendall, I don't have any complaints about Ferguson. Mrs. Zucar and Mrs Graham are nice and very Professional, my young daugther is in 10 th grade in the IB program.This is the Best School.

Posted November 14, 2013
My daughter is on her second year at this school as a sophomore. I have been and am very happy with the school. My daughter is doing great. She's on the cross country and track team with Coach Ryan Raposo! He is a fabulous coach I am very happy with her academic and athletic success. Coach Raposo has a lot to do with her success. THANK YOU!!!

Posted November 06, 2013
Well I am currently in John A. Ferguson and let me tell you, our school is HUGE!! We have really good teachers here and you are guaranteed an education that is actually worth your time. The only thing that kind of sucks is my Algebra 2 teacher. He's strict. But other than that, GO FALCONS!!!

15900 Southwest 56th Street, Miami, FL  33185
Last modified John A. Ferguson Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.