Posted June 19, 2014
My daughter just finished 3 miserable years at curry. She was always stressed and depressed at this school. She was constantly overworked, the staff and kids were mean. The IB program puts alot of pressure on these kids and they're arrogant. Maybe as a parent you think they're getting a good education but at the cost of their good mental health.

Posted January 07, 2014
I graduated from this school and I can say this is one of the best schools in Miami.The staff are caring and very helpful to all your needs. I was there first graduating class and I am proud to be a curry cub.

Lamar Louise Curry Middle School 2

Posted September 26, 2013
My son will graduate this year from Lamar I'm truly looking forward to it. He has been going to this school for three years and hasn't enjoyed it at all, he has been bullied and nothing gets done he has gone thru depressions because of this, I think the kids are very cruel.. I do agree though that it has some wonderful teachers that do care in some way..

Posted June 26, 2013
I just graduated from Curry in the I.B program and can NOT say enough good things about this school. The best teachers (especially Mrs.Menendez,Mr.Lizcano,Mrs.Suarez,and Mr.Anduray) I have ever had in all my school years (I have been in six schools) have been here. I love the program as it pushes you to succeed and thus only the best can go through.And yes,there are rewards,but only for the best kids.For example,there are Principal Honor Roll Breakfasts,field trips,ceremonies,field day,trophies, dinners,and so many more.The teachers really prepare you for the state tests and(though you may complain about the work at first) will always give you the best of scores.The number one thing you should know if you want to enter I.B is: DO NOT PROCRASTINATE Trust me,all of the work you have done will pay in the future.You will make friends that will last a lifetime and if you are in the I.B you will remain with the same group of kids for three years and most likely all of you will go on to Ferguson, too. The new I.B coordinator is great and truly takes the best out of students. Lots of security in the school, great library, great kids (at least in the I.B program), just great, great, great!

Posted January 05, 2013
Awesome School! Great Teachers! Mrs.Daniels,Mrs.Hewell,Mrs.Perez,Mrs.Mosley,and Mr.Flores are all excellent teachers.All this teachers made my daughter excel and she has a new love for .I am sad my daughter had to leave the school,because we had to move out of the area .I wish I could take this school and their teachers with us.My is very sad to leave..I hope her new school is as good as this one. The staff is good too specially the counselors.We are really going to miss this school!!!

Posted August 17, 2012
Im a student here. Currently entering 8Th grade. I've been reading the reviews and their are many lies but many truths. The office staff does have an attitude but overall they get the things done. There are a few fights but you cant blame the school for that. I do the think the school is strict. They do have many after school activities and PTSA for the parents. The teachers are great and teach very well. I use to be in classes were kids weren't at the same level as me and here they have 3 academic levels so if your not regular and not gifted there's still something for you advanced. I truthfully love this school. Parents if your having doubts about the school, don't because this is a perfect school.

Posted June 24, 2012
The school is GOOD. Not great. There's a lot of drugs and fights after school. I'm a very good student and I don't participate in those events but even I get offered to smoke. Make sure to talk to your child about drugs and major troubles because they WILL be dealing with it. I'm a 7th grader now and I've dealt with a lot of cyber bullying from some kids. There can be very HORRIBLE kids at that school. Warn your child about ignoring them. On the side of staff's ... the cafeteria staff is ok. If you don't have any money in your account then you can't eat. You can't sit where you want. You can't stand up to say hi to a friend. Nothing. The administration gets you in trouble for whatever is on their mind and it gets very annoying. Some parents in this review say its an EXCELLENT school but that's because they're not a student and don't really know exactly what goes on. So now you know from a students view how Lamar Louise Curry MS really is.

Posted May 05, 2012
My son is finishing the IB MIddle Years program at Curry and I could not be happier. In the three years he has been here, he has absolutely flourished. The school has given him the support and encouragement to grow emotionally and academically. He is surrounded by a great group of kids and I am always pleasantly surprised at the group's cohesiveness and congeniality. At a time when bullying and violence are on every teen parent's mind, I could not be more grateful to the incredible teachers, involved parents and wonderful kids at this school. My son is a confident, kind, happy, and well-adjusted teenager with a brilliant future, thanks, in great part to this fantastic school. Thank you, Lamar Louise Curry, for supporting the values we cherish and uphold at home. I will always be grateful.

Posted April 15, 2011
really are you that shallow that all you think about is a field trip??? what free field trip. This school is on of the best Middle schools Miami dade has to offer. the administration is always plesant and dissolves issues quickly. they help the students and keep a strict policy. for bullying and uniforms. they tutor there students before and on saturdays for students who didnt get great grades on the fcats. Most of the teachers teach the kids with respect. They will always be a odd teacher at every school. At least this school tries, they dont just push the kids through. Every school in Miami can improve on something but at least at this school it isnt a major issue. My girls are graduating this year too and they went on a field trip and have there prom in a few weeks. yes they probally coutd have done a fund raiser to raise money for the trips etc... but in the end it is just gonna cost us anyway... I have one more child going into curry next year, and with the boundry change for that stupid K-8 they want to build we are at risk to go to hammocks middle, now that is a bad school....

Posted April 14, 2011
Very sad to say that Lamar is just going down the hill with this new administration. The new Principle is nothing compare with Ms. Montano that was always caring and making the right choice for her students.

Lamar Louise Curry Middle School
15750 Southwest 47th Street, Miami, FL  33185
Last modified Lamar Louise Curry Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lamar Louise Curry Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 71 reviews. Top