Posted September 16, 2014
Thanking god every day i found this school for my kids, after a long research I decided to enroll them at Our Lady Of Lourdes Parish School and I have to say that I am very happy I took that decision! My kids and yes in plural because I have 3 kids attending Olol come to school happy every day, they talk to me about all new experiences they have every single day, and I am talking about 3 little ones :) the fun they have, but most important is that they come home every day talking about Jesus and I love it, my oldest son is learning to read his first words already and that's very fast as we just started this school year I am so glad!!!! Security in the school is a plus!!!! By the way my kids love doing PE they say it's lots of fun and that they really need water when they finish lol :) Our parish is amazing and the kids are well involved with weekly masses with their class that's amazing!! Teachers are always keeping us parents updated about our childrens weekly development that's very important to me too and as catholic orientation I have to say that my kids have learn more deeply about our faith in a couple of weeks than in the past 5 years! God is good all the times!!!

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 2

Posted February 20, 2014
A couple of additional comments after reading all the ratings. First, the art and music programs are truly very, very good. Literally the best I've ever seen. The physical plant of the school (buildings and grounds) is superb -- couldn't be better. We have never had a problem with PE, but our child is an athlete. But again, the core academic programs are weak. Weak.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 2

Posted September 05, 2013
My child attended this school since 2nd grade, she has since graduated. This school was excellent for elementary school, but definitely not junior high. The other parent that wrote regarding the PE department was right on. What she spoke is the truth regarding The coach and her daughter. The teachers in junior high barely teach so get ready for tons of homework they don't understand how to do. They explain to them easy problems and if they don't understand it you will get harder questions in their homework that you as a parent have to teach to them.. Thank God for the Internet! If it wasn't for me being an extremely hands on parent and the Internet she would have been lost. I was extremely disappointed and felt my money went to waste as far as education in Math, Science and English class.. The most important subjects. My child is in a catholic high school now and has no problems understanding the math at her new school. I can see the difference now. The teachers at OLOL are terrible at teaching.If I could do it again I would have chosen a different catholic school.

Posted March 07, 2013
m researching the school for the 2013-2014 School Year. I've read comments about the PE program. Bad comments that date back to 2007. I'm wondering what is so bad about the program or the PE Administrator? I would really like more information is this person still in charge of that program? If you read this and you know this information or more please write a review for those of us interested in the school. Thank You

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2012
Not only does the PE Dept. have way too much power but they run it like it's a Ma and Pop shop, where the Athletic Director puts the interest of her own daughter ahead of the interest of every one elses daughters. She even gave her 7th grade daughter an MVP award when the 8th grader who also got the same reward was at least a factor of 2 better then the coaches daughter in every sport they played. It's so unfair.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted March 19, 2012
The class sizes in middle school average about 30 students. That is more than most public schools in the area. The Florida state mandate is no more than 22 for grades 4-8, although private schools are not ruled by these mandates, one would assume that a private institution would promote and provide a smaller student/teacher ratio. But I guess that's how they keep the tuition down, however, beware, it comes at a very great cost. Less time, less learning.

Posted February 25, 2012
Amazing school! From PE to Art to Math to Science to Spanish, they are all good programs. The teachers are great and caring. As usual, those that complain, complain because their child couldn't make it in this school (academically or socially) or they, as parents, didn't get it their way when they complained; the usual winers. Go visit the school and judge for yourself!

Posted April 16, 2011
i think that this school needs to work on the spanish program. The math program is great; if qualified, 7th graders can take pre algebra and 8th graders can take algebra 1. In 7th grade life science, you can also do dissections. However, we do not learn that much in science.... As a student here, I think that the PE program is good, pushing us to do our best. But sometimes, I feel as if their is way too much emphasis on sports. Also, the administration took away many events since I have been here at the school. For example, they took away spirit week. There are many clubs to get involved in. However, it costs $75 to join any club. In conclusion, I think that this school is great for some things, and not so great for others.

Posted March 15, 2011
The school is okay, so i will give it a B. The Spanish program needs work, as I feel we dont learn anything. The P.E. department has way too much power, and I feel the grading is unfair.

Posted January 25, 2011
It is worth all the money. Education is a Plus, safety, is a small school and everyone is like a big family. My son is attending Pk4 and he loves his school. Homework, activities everything is based on his age. I love it

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School
14000 Southwest 112th Street, Miami, FL  33186
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top