Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 29, 2015
The teachers at this school do the bare minimum while promoting an environment littered with negativity and sometimes condescending remarks towards the students in an effort to break their spirits.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 29, 2015
There is an enormous amount of homework given at this school. Don't get me wrong, Homework is important but when you have a 2nd grader bringing home 2 plus hours of homework, that is just ridiculous. Add to that, the level of grading irregularities the teachers demonstrate. Out of the principal's own mouth, "our grading is subjective" and can change at anytime.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
There is no development of compassion fostered at this school. They have a program called the Good Christian Award which any student can earn for an act of compassion, caring, and empathy but if you actually attend the mass' where these are distributed, you will see the same children earning them time after time. Some are the children of teachers who work there. Others are those in the clique groups which are the children of those parents who are social butterflies with the teachers and administration. The true children that are compassionate and caring to a fellow student are seldom recognized.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
This school is primarily focused on sports rather than academics or developing honesty, integrity, and fairness amongst the student body. In this school, if you are not part of a clique group, then you are an outcast. A practice fostered by the Principal and his staff which is evident in the treatment of those students and parents who are not in the clique groups.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2015
Our children have attended this school for over 3 years and we finally decided to pull them out. The quality of their academic program is abysmal. The school is part of the Archdioces of Miami which has approved a grading system that states."no student will ever get a grade below 59". Let me frame this for you with a sample family of 3 children, all in the same grade, attending Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School. Student 1 studies hard for an exam and when taken, earns a 96. Students number 2 and 3 take the same exam with little to no preparation and actually earn a zero but they both will not get anything lower than a 59. This is a prime example of how poorly the academics are being measured at this school. When approached, the principals answer is always "This is the policy of the school and the Archdioces. If you don't like it, you can withdrawal your child and send the, to a public school. So we did just that. This schools number one concern is centered around the dollars they collect for tuition, building fund, book fees, a PSA that accomplishes nothing, and other associated costs. Unfortunately, Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School in Miami gives is a poor representation of the private school sector. The quality of the program and educators at this school is embarrassing to educators who truly put it all out there for our children. Take my advise, save your hard earned dollars and go somewhere else.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 5

Posted September 16, 2014
Thanking god every day i found this school for my kids, after a long research I decided to enroll them at Our Lady Of Lourdes Parish School and I have to say that I am very happy I took that decision! My kids and yes in plural because I have 3 kids attending Olol come to school happy every day, they talk to me about all new experiences they have every single day, and I am talking about 3 little ones :) the fun they have, but most important is that they come home every day talking about Jesus and I love it, my oldest son is learning to read his first words already and that's very fast as we just started this school year I am so glad!!!! Security in the school is a plus!!!! By the way my kids love doing PE they say it's lots of fun and that they really need water when they finish lol :) Our parish is amazing and the kids are well involved with weekly masses with their class that's amazing!! Teachers are always keeping us parents updated about our childrens weekly development that's very important to me too and as catholic orientation I have to say that my kids have learn more deeply about our faith in a couple of weeks than in the past 5 years! God is good all the times!!!

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 2

Posted February 20, 2014
A couple of additional comments after reading all the ratings. First, the art and music programs are truly very, very good. Literally the best I've ever seen. The physical plant of the school (buildings and grounds) is superb -- couldn't be better. We have never had a problem with PE, but our child is an athlete. But again, the core academic programs are weak. Weak.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 2

Posted September 05, 2013
My child attended this school since 2nd grade, she has since graduated. This school was excellent for elementary school, but definitely not junior high. The other parent that wrote regarding the PE department was right on. What she spoke is the truth regarding The coach and her daughter. The teachers in junior high barely teach so get ready for tons of homework they don't understand how to do. They explain to them easy problems and if they don't understand it you will get harder questions in their homework that you as a parent have to teach to them.. Thank God for the Internet! If it wasn't for me being an extremely hands on parent and the Internet she would have been lost. I was extremely disappointed and felt my money went to waste as far as education in Math, Science and English class.. The most important subjects. My child is in a catholic high school now and has no problems understanding the math at her new school. I can see the difference now. The teachers at OLOL are terrible at teaching.If I could do it again I would have chosen a different catholic school.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 3

Posted March 07, 2013
m researching the school for the 2013-2014 School Year. I've read comments about the PE program. Bad comments that date back to 2007. I'm wondering what is so bad about the program or the PE Administrator? I would really like more information is this person still in charge of that program? If you read this and you know this information or more please write a review for those of us interested in the school. Thank You

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2012
Not only does the PE Dept. have way too much power but they run it like it's a Ma and Pop shop, where the Athletic Director puts the interest of her own daughter ahead of the interest of every one elses daughters. She even gave her 7th grade daughter an MVP award when the 8th grader who also got the same reward was at least a factor of 2 better then the coaches daughter in every sport they played. It's so unfair.

14000 Southwest 112th Street, Miami, FL  33186
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top