Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Disagree

Teachers students are preffered by their fellow teachers over the rest of the student population.

- Beware of teachers and parents having "cliques" - Outrageous amounts of supplies requested - $5,500 + school tuition plus MANDATORY church donations. - Not a school for any Sped students. - Administration preffers to brush students issues under the rug rather than addressing them. - They won't allow student to do double enrollment with virtual school. - Teachers preffer their fellow teacher's kids. - Photographer for the yearbook purposely will crop students that are not friends with her own kids. Do your research before placing your kids in this school.....read the reviews they are accurate.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Through the lessons of Catholicism they were able to teach about certain topics on morality in more effective ways than secular school are able to.

I had an incredible experience going to this school. I am now 21 years old finishing college early and with honors. I credit much of my academic dominance to the skills taught to me in this school.

My daughter just started pre-k here and so far it's been a great experience. When I pick my daughter up from school, she is always in a great mood and cannot wait to tell me about her day. I pray that she continues to do well here.

I was really disappointed in what the school has become. It is all about the "cliques" and the kids are extremely stuck up. The education was way below what I have seen before. My child's teacher put my daughter down so many times which should never be done in a catholic school. Putting her in this school was the worst decision I've made. Thank God I removed her to a way better school! save your money and do your research, trust me!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers at this school do the bare minimum while promoting an environment littered with negativity and sometimes condescending remarks towards the students in an effort to break their spirits.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There is an enormous amount of homework given at this school. Don't get me wrong, Homework is important but when you have a 2nd grader bringing home 2 plus hours of homework, that is just ridiculous. Add to that, the level of grading irregularities the teachers demonstrate. Out of the principal's own mouth, "our grading is subjective" and can change at anytime.

Develops character: Disagree

This school is primarily focused on sports rather than academics or developing honesty, integrity, and fairness amongst the student body. In this school, if you are not part of a clique group, then you are an outcast. A practice fostered by the Principal and his staff which is evident in the treatment of those students and parents who are not in the clique groups.

Our children have attended this school for over 3 years and we finally decided to pull them out. The quality of their academic program is abysmal. The school is part of the Archdioces of Miami which has approved a grading system that states."no student will ever get a grade below 59". Let me frame this for you with a sample family of 3 children, all in the same grade, attending Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School. Student 1 studies hard for an exam and when taken, earns a 96. Students number 2 and 3 take the same exam with little to no preparation and actually earn a zero but they both will not get anything lower than a 59. This is a prime example of how poorly the academics are being measured at this school. When approached, the principals answer is always "This is the policy of the school and the Archdioces. If you don't like it, you can withdrawal your child and send the, to a public school. So we did just that. This schools number one concern is centered around the dollars they collect for tuition, building fund, book fees, a PSA that accomplishes nothing, and other associated costs. Unfortunately, Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School in Miami gives is a poor representation of the private school sector. The quality of the program and educators at this school is embarrassing to educators who truly put it all out there for our children. Take my advise, save your hard earned dollars and go somewhere else.

Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8