PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
Yes it does 100%. They are very big on encouraging the positive treatment of others at all costs

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
Through the lessons of Catholicism they were able to teach about certain topics on morality in more effective ways than secular school are able to.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 5

Posted May 04, 2016
I had an incredible experience going to this school. I am now 21 years old finishing college early and with honors. I credit much of my academic dominance to the skills taught to me in this school.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2015
My daughter just started pre-k here and so far it's been a great experience. When I pick my daughter up from school, she is always in a great mood and cannot wait to tell me about her day. I pray that she continues to do well here.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2015
I was really disappointed in what the school has become. It is all about the "cliques" and the kids are extremely stuck up. The education was way below what I have seen before. My child's teacher put my daughter down so many times which should never be done in a catholic school. Putting her in this school was the worst decision I've made. Thank God I removed her to a way better school! save your money and do your research, trust me!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 29, 2015
The teachers at this school do the bare minimum while promoting an environment littered with negativity and sometimes condescending remarks towards the students in an effort to break their spirits.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 29, 2015
There is an enormous amount of homework given at this school. Don't get me wrong, Homework is important but when you have a 2nd grader bringing home 2 plus hours of homework, that is just ridiculous. Add to that, the level of grading irregularities the teachers demonstrate. Out of the principal's own mouth, "our grading is subjective" and can change at anytime.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
There is no development of compassion fostered at this school. They have a program called the Good Christian Award which any student can earn for an act of compassion, caring, and empathy but if you actually attend the mass' where these are distributed, you will see the same children earning them time after time. Some are the children of teachers who work there. Others are those in the clique groups which are the children of those parents who are social butterflies with the teachers and administration. The true children that are compassionate and caring to a fellow student are seldom recognized.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
This school is primarily focused on sports rather than academics or developing honesty, integrity, and fairness amongst the student body. In this school, if you are not part of a clique group, then you are an outcast. A practice fostered by the Principal and his staff which is evident in the treatment of those students and parents who are not in the clique groups.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2015
Our children have attended this school for over 3 years and we finally decided to pull them out. The quality of their academic program is abysmal. The school is part of the Archdioces of Miami which has approved a grading system that states."no student will ever get a grade below 59". Let me frame this for you with a sample family of 3 children, all in the same grade, attending Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School. Student 1 studies hard for an exam and when taken, earns a 96. Students number 2 and 3 take the same exam with little to no preparation and actually earn a zero but they both will not get anything lower than a 59. This is a prime example of how poorly the academics are being measured at this school. When approached, the principals answer is always "This is the policy of the school and the Archdioces. If you don't like it, you can withdrawal your child and send the, to a public school. So we did just that. This schools number one concern is centered around the dollars they collect for tuition, building fund, book fees, a PSA that accomplishes nothing, and other associated costs. Unfortunately, Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School in Miami gives is a poor representation of the private school sector. The quality of the program and educators at this school is embarrassing to educators who truly put it all out there for our children. Take my advise, save your hard earned dollars and go somewhere else.

14000 Southwest 112th Street, Miami, FL  33186
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8