Coral Villa Christian Academy 1

Posted July 29, 2014
Please do not waste! While some teachers do have love and compassion for children others are very dry and do not even teach the children basic core lessons. Smart Starts has purchased the school. The WebCams are not all inclusive of tuition you have to pay extra for them however because of all the changes due to painting projects as well as moving furniture , we have not seen our son. My son has been bitten FOUR times in the last seven weeks without any concern to the staff or administration. I was told this is a normal process of the toddler years and that there was no school policy. I finally made the decision to withdraw my son from the school. I had already paid the fall registration and fall fees however I was told the registration is not reimbursable in addition I was told that I would be reimbursed for a week when my son missed school for Influenza, and now they have gone back and said school policy for courtesy week is 3months min. Look at how many withdrawals so close to one another, and the corporate team at Smart Starts, still doesn't recognize their weaknesses, or acknowledge them. Please do not make the same mistake I made, and go elsewhere.

Coral Villa Christian Academy 1

Posted July 10, 2014
My son has been enrolled for about a year and I've decided to withdraw him because the quality of education is poor. The techers are not certified and the ladies who care for the 3yr olds don't speak english. The teachers's comunication to the parents and little class projects they send the kids home with have grammatical and spelling errors. If the teachers don't know how to spell correctly, than the "early education" is of little to no value. They have also recently changed ownership and have changed the monthly dues calculation twice in a year. Payments are due on the 20th of each month or their is a $50 late fee imposed. And the VPK and Summer registration is requested months in advance. The classroom equipment are not upkept and the materials look like they come straight from the dollar store. The children are not evaluated for accreditation. The activities for the summer are "hosing them down" and " bringyour own bicycle to ride". The dues are $520/mth for a 4 week month and $700/mth for a 5 week month. It appears non of the dues are invested back in to the school.

Coral Villa Christian Academy 2

Posted June 12, 2014
After a year at Coral Villa, I have decided to withdraw my child. The teachers are so caring and wonderful. They teach and are very loving to the children. But I am sad to say that I have decided to remove my child because to the office staff. I was in the process of enrolling him in summer camp when I was told that there are no courtesy weeks given. So basically you are forced to pay even if your child does not attend. To me this is absurd as this is the time when kids go on vacation. All other camps, YMCA etc, don t make you commit for the entire summer. I was also told that if he misses more than 2 weeks we need to pay the registration fee again. This is just absurd. I feel that this school is money hungry and has no regards for the parents. It is such a shame because as I mentioned before, the teachers have been great.

Coral Villa Christian Academy 3

Posted May 13, 2014
The teachers are great and I appreciate the hard work that they do to offer a quality education. The office staff however, at least for the most part are not so good. There have been many times when I have been in the office to drop off or pick up my child and I have been ignored. The catty conversation is awful. There are a couple of staff members in particular that don't care if a parent is in the office, they openly talk horribly about other parents, and about their own employees. Recently there was one staff member having an argument with her boyfriend or husband over the phone and she was berating him while 3 of us were waiting to pay for the week. She was the only one in the office at that moment and kept making eye contact with us but would then look away and continue to argue. The moment was very uncomfortable for those of us waiting to give this person our child's weekly tuition. This was only a recent interaction, however what bothers me more is the "I don't care" attitude she had while we waited.... and if we had left and didn't pay that day we would have been charged more for paying late. I am sorry for the teachers, and my child will not be back next year.

Coral Villa Christian Academy 3

Posted January 16, 2014
My son has been at Coral Villa for 2 years. I am extremely happy with the teachers he has had. However, I am very unhappy with the administration. Tuiton was increased from one month to the other. Parents were not given enough notice to plan their budget. Also, payments are due 5-6 days before the first of the month. They threaten you with a $50 per day fine if you are late. Also, the don't have a set price with tution. One day they tell you one price, the other day they tell you it has gone up. When you threaten that you are going to leave, they say "well how much can you pay". Very unprofessional. I will not be sending my other children to this school because of this.

Posted January 22, 2011
I was looking for a small school with my christian values and an exceptional learning environment, I HAVE FOUND IT!!! Thank God for Coral Villa. Everyone is friendly, loving with the children and the teachers are great at what they do. The administration is accessible. I recommend this school very highly, you will not regret it.

Coral Villa Christian Academy 4

Posted July 18, 2010
My daughter has been at Coral Villa for the past 4 years and she loves the school. She feels that Coral Villa is like another home because of the loving and caring staff.

Posted March 03, 2010
I have been a parent at Coral Villa since 1999. I have sent all three of my children, as well as recommended it to numerous family and friends. Both my oldest and middle child graduated from Coral Villa yet wish that they could still attend. It says a lot about a school when the children that attend are sad to leave. Both of them received a top quality education by very caring and nurturing teachers. My third child is currently at Coral Villa and loves it! Coral Villa has a very safe and loving environment for children to grow and learn. The staff is truly exceptional! It has been a blessing to be able to send my children to such a fine place. Diana Hernandez Inda

Posted September 14, 2009
This is truly a phenomenal school. The administration, teachers, and pastor work adamantly to ensure the safety, security, health, and learning of each and every student and their family. The blessings offered to the children who attend this school goes well beyond their growth and learning, the school is a true ministry of the church (Coral Villa Baptist Church) and the discipleship of children is their main objective (i.e. to make them love one another). Children who attend this school are well cared for in more ways that one. Leaving your child in the care of this school is like leaving them in the hands of God s angels. I strongly recommend this school.

Posted September 03, 2009

Coral Villa Christian Academy
3201 Southwest 67th Avenue, Miami, FL  33155
Last modified Coral Villa Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Coral Villa Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top