Auburndale Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 872 students

Posted July 19, 2014

My son attended this school for KG and we are looking forward to 1st grade. Is a really good school. Everything is well organized, securities are always in check. My son teacher Ms. Sardinas was very good with all the kids. I liked how she had one on one time with each child. You heard nothing but good remarks from the kids about her. Now my daughter will start KG this upcoming year and wants Ms. Sardinas as her teacher as well. I am very happy my kids are going to this school. I recommended!!!

Posted June 26, 2014

Two of my children attended this school (K-G and Pre K). Thier teachers Ms. Lopez and Ms. Worley are extremely devoted, caring, and yet strict when the children need it. A great combination for children that age. I also think the K-G teachers Ms. Garcia & Ms. Orza are wonderful. By the end of my sons K-G year, he knew how to read all of his children books (which were first great level) from start to finish. He could also spell over 150 words, write in complete sentences, and is excellent at math. The school offers several educational field trips throughout the year which is also a great thing. Like any school however, there is always room for improvement. My first grader didn't receive art, music, computer, or spanish class this year. I'm not sure if its due to budgeting or what, but not recieving education in these subjects is putting our children at a disadvantage. The Forigen Lauguage Program is only desinged for children who already speak Spanish not those who want to learn. Since most of the children attending this school come from a Spanish speaking homes, it would make more since to me, that program look to teach Spanish to children who don't have that benefit. A

Posted August 8, 2013

I'm taking my daughter here for enrollment into K on Monday next week. I have read the statistics online and all is well. I'm pleased.

Posted June 13, 2012

I am very disappointed with this school. My daughter's kindergarten teachers made no effort to communicate her progress or deficiencies with me. I felt like I was constantly bothering them by writing notes and requesting to speak with them so I can have an idea of how she was doing. Teachers just seemed to be going through the motions with no desire to get the kids excited about learning. In fact, parental involvement is strongly discouraged. Only one field trip for students in kinder and no parents were allowed to chaperone. They did not even have an event for graduation. My daughter just came home and showed me the graduation certificate she got in class. While I recognize that this school is located in a low-income area and has to contend with issues that other schools may not have to, I want any administrator who is reading this to know that not every parent at Auburndale is uneducated and uncaring. We want the best for our children and hope you realize that by getting parents involved, you can only improve the school.

Posted March 8, 2012

The only thing i do not like about the school is that it does not have the "slow down lights" to let the cars know that this is a school zone, and the cars pass by too fast!!! Someone should report this and let the city know that we need this warning lights to protect our children !! The other day i was crossing the street after getting my son from school and this car almost went over me, i had to scream at the person which i dont like to do, it almost caused an accident. So please if someone from the city is reading Help this school with some "Lights".

Posted March 7, 2012

My son is in Pre-K and I have to say that the teachers there are so great. Ms. Guergo and Ms. Leno are the best teachers ever. My son is definitely not the easiest kid to handle but he is showing a lot of progress and I am looking forward to see what else he learns. As far as safety I don't really have many concerns other than the fact that I seldom see police officers on the north side of the school where the kids arrive from the bus.

Posted April 19, 2011

Safe school, principal visibly involved in day to day activities, teachers and children enjoy being there.

Posted February 9, 2011

I am now in 8th grade and i attended auburndale since kindergarten and leaving was the saddest thing i have ever done. I have so many great memories. The teachers were amazing (Mr.Leon, Ms.Perez, Mr. Victor and others im not sure if they are still in the school) I learned SO much and i was happy to wake up at 8 a.m every day. Their programs are great and they have so many ways of making the school fun and safe. I am now in YWPA which is also a great school but i wish i could turn back time and go back to Auburndale, i visited a couple times before the beginning of 8th grade but i havent been there since i really want to re visit though. PARENTS YOU WILL NOT REGRET SENDING YOUR CHILDREN THERE! I thank my parents for putting me in that school, it changed my life.

Posted December 25, 2009

Excelent school, very good teachers (Ms. Rufin, Ms Herrera, Ms Vidueira and Ms Jetter), nice program in after school. We are very happy with our daughter in this school

Posted August 26, 2008

I love this school my daughter has been attending Aburndale Elementary since pre-k and let me tell you the teachers are great! They truly care about the kids..The school is very well taken care of and the staff does a great job at being discipline and keeping it fun enough for students to want to be involved

Posted March 13, 2008

Excellent communtiy school - kind and caring staff. My children are getting a great education here.

Posted September 27, 2007

I was very surprise when I saw the results for this school on the FCATS. I think the great staff of this center are putting all the effort to be one of the best school in Miami Dade County. But in my opinion, parents have to be involved in their children education 100%, we have to do our part, don't wait to have a big problem to take action, I recommend to use the tutoring classes they offer before your child is in trouble, I see those classes almost empty. We have the tools and we needs to use it.

Posted July 7, 2007

Excellent teachers Mrs. Carbonell, Mrs. Reyes & Mrs. Amezaga in Auburdale Elementary.

Posted April 27, 2006

I have a great experience with this school and my child. She is getting better grades and the teachers work with her more on a personal level.

Posted January 15, 2006

Auburndale Elementary is under going serious problems where the safety of the children are concerned. 1 child has already been injured by a car, Parents speed through the school zone and police are not doing anything about it.

Posted May 14, 2004

Excellent school. Variety of activities.

Posted April 19, 2004

I like this school very much. I think the teachers are professional and very commited.

Posted April 7, 2004

My child has been attending AEL since the 1st grade. The bilingual program is one of the best, students are continously encouraged to excel in every subject. The community school offers an excellent French class as well as other classes which enhance the child's overall development. The principal and staff are committed to maintaining a safe and friendly environment one where our children can grow both intellectually as well as socially.

Posted January 20, 2004

The afterschool program Director and Administration Staff are the best. Always looking for the best program for the kids, especially the tutoring program. The program is so affordable! The price is definitely right. My hats off to Ms. Figueredo and her staff, and most of all to the leaders....

Posted September 2, 2003

I love this school. My daughter has learned so much! Thanks Mrs. Alvarez (KG) Thank Mrs. Beech (1stG).

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

150 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

150 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

119 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

119 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

118 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

135 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. ANA M GUTIERREZ
Fax number
  • (305) 446-4709

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now