Miami, FL

Banyan Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2014
Hope the Principal and Teachers actually read These reviews. Well first off my Mans child was pulled out a horrible school. Hopefully this one is better and the principals and teachers Must Get involved on all their Students work, Thats their Job. Not let a child fail & only care about the ones that are "Smarter" than others that's absurd & irresponsible. Every child deserves a chance and the ones that struggle more than Others HELP them dont let them Fail. Thats careless and wrong. Well.im happy hes going to Banyan this year coming up. He deserves A good teacher that cares and will help him in his struggle & help him PASS. I heard this school Great. Lets hope so.

Posted October 01, 2013
I'm an FIU student. I've been doing field experience hours and observations at Banyan Elementary. It has been a pleasant and great experience for me. Overall, the class sizes are small, and the teachers are excellent. Banyan is a wonderful school! I highly recommend it.

Banyan Elementary School 1

Posted June 12, 2013
My son was in 1st grade this year he started with 28 kids in his class to then 3 weeks into school start be moved into another class with now 26 kids "because the teacher couldn't handle so many kids" . Communication between the school and parents were horrible no calendar with event dates or no letters from the administration nothing. If you ever tried to speak with the principal or asst principal they would just shrug you off like if you ment nothing. The PE teacher was mean to all the kids and parents screaming at them and snapping his fingers at you like if you were some kind of animal. No supervision in the mornings in the halls that kids were running wild I guess the staff was having there morning coffee. As for some of the teachers that actually cared I was greateful for. Oh yea lets not mention the office staff totally useless .. If they stop worrying about themselves and worry about the kids more the school would be a great school

Posted February 01, 2012
My sister, brother and I all went to Banyan, now my daughter is in the 1st grade there and LOVES it! Its an amazing school an the teachers love what they do.

Posted September 01, 2009
very good and safe keeps in touch with the parents and teacher.

Banyan Elementary School 3

Posted December 03, 2008

Banyan Elementary School 2

Posted March 14, 2008
The Principle and Assist Principle are not and advocate for the children of the shcool. I had a horrific experience with them and acturally had to remove my child from the shcool

Banyan Elementary School 2

Posted December 05, 2007

Banyan Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2007
When the academic year started I was very concern, because at that point I preferred my only one kid be attending to a private school. Now I am pleased to have her at Banyan. The staff is very helpful, teachers are concern about your child and their progress, and I believe that Banyan has been a good election. My seven years old daughter loves her school because 'they take good care of everybody, it is fun to be there, and they are loving people'. The only 'but' for me is the poor extracurricular activities Banyan offers. I hope we can count with a 'complete school' by next year. Regarding discipline I think the school is great, yet I think that safety (during classes time)is easy vulnerable. We as Banyan Elementary School must have special care about this sensitive matter.

Posted May 02, 2007
My 2 kids have been in this school and I think this is an awesome school. The teachers are great, the school is great, parents are very involved. My son's 5th great prom was coordinated by the parents. I love this school!

Banyan Elementary School
3060 Southwest 85th Avenue, Miami, FL  33155
Last modified Banyan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Banyan Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top