Coconut Grove Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2014
CGE has become VERY popular. 320 students is the perfect number but now its over 460. This is my child's last year at the school and luckly there are only 18 students in her 5th grade class (the last of the small grades). I couldnt have asked for better teachers and office staff at this little gem. The French program has been a privalege to be a part of as it is not a magnet school the standard was very high. Amazing PTA as well!

Coconut Grove Elementary School 2

Posted September 05, 2014
This school is overcrowded it has over 480 students. There are multiple classes with over 40 students. The administration allows any french kid to enroll even if they leave 2hrs away. I I dont understand how a community school allows so many people from other areas. Security guards always on phones...the principal is new and obviuosly a rookie. Gifted program good if you can afford the private testing. Then even the crazy kids get in. Kinder teacher nice and friendly. A giant man is the janitor....does nothing always on phones. On the good, the school is clean, teachers seem to care.

Posted July 30, 2014
This is a really good school. OK, I'm saying the truth. This school has an amazing music and art program. This year we got a new principal, and she sincerely is the nicest, principal ever. Students learn a lot. There is Gifted programs, Leadership Program, Breakthrough Program, Safety Patrol Program, Broadcasting Program, Student Council Program, and much more. I know right know the school rating is an 8, but I would give it a 10!!!! CGE ROCKS! Also each grade has its own garden. And each year we have our carnival. IT HAS AMAZING RIDES! It has a Spanish and French Program, and students learn a lot. Trust me, I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. Soon I will do more and more great reviews

Coconut Grove Elementary School 1

Posted June 12, 2014
It is obvious most of the reviews for this school are fakes, managed by persons believing those who will read the comments will fall in the trap. The reality has clearly to be balanced. This school has many weak points. Take for instance after school.A succession of disappointments. The kids are left in the wild by themselves, personal in charge does not care much of bullying. Parents involvement in close to zero, only looking at their personal kid interests. Fighting to make sure their kid is able to pass the tests for a magnet school and go away from coconut elementary...

Posted May 04, 2014
Great School, my son is at 1st grade and it had been a great experience even though he was coming from a private school. Strong PTA, multicultural environment, really good involvement of the Principal. The academic level is excellent, my son is where he has to be and exceeding 1st graders standards. Different activities for the after school program, that really helps for working parents like us...

Posted December 15, 2013
I am gladly impressed of the academic level of this school, its PTA and the Principal, my son is enjoying learning and for me this is priceless. The aftercare program with Karate, Soccer, Dancing and many other activities is very helpful for working moms like me, I'm so glad Coconut Grove Elementary is also good in the aftercare program. SO HAPPY!

Posted September 08, 2013
homework is over rated and at this school it's not over done, more or less an hour/ day! Family life is threated by work, school homework and after school activities, so it's important to maintain a balance between homework - that is practice and homework that is just busy work. I hope that this remains a balance in Coconut Grove Elementary as it's a community school and family life is very important! I vote no home work on week ends!

Posted February 01, 2013
We explored private school options for our children before deciding to give CGE a chance. Our 2 children, one now a fifth grader and the other a 3rd grader, have attended CGE since kindergarten. Our experience with CGE has been extremely positive. The school is a real treasure for Coconut Grove. The school is very small and intimate and really has the feel of a true community school. Both of our children are fortunate enough to participate in the gifted program which is excellent. The school has a dedicated group of teachers, several of whom are truly as fine as you will find anywhere, and an aggressive principal committed to making the school the best it could be. If you are a grove resident, looking for a school for your kids, you are making a mistake if you do not give CGE a shot!

Posted October 28, 2012
Great school! So much improvement with this school! Very proud about the academic program and the Oasis gifted. Dedicate teacher and all the staff.

Posted January 20, 2012
I wasn't sure what to expect at CGE when my son entered kinder this year and I can say I have been nothing but impressed by my experiences so far. His teacher is amazing!!!! My son is learning a ton and happy to go to school everyday! The climate of the school is very welcoming, down to earth, comfortable and friendly. This is a true neighborhood school, and reflects the village-like quality of coconut grove.

Coconut Grove Elementary School
3351 Matilda Street, Miami, FL  33133
Last modified Coconut Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coconut Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews.