Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,453

Posted August 03, 2014
I'd have to say this is the BEST SCHOOL! I absolutely adore the Gifted Program, which both my children are currently in. And the Bilingual Program is just a plus to everything else! This school is a blessing! The only down part is there are NO clubs for my 8th grader :( Overall... My rating would be a 500!

Coral Way K-8 Center 2

Posted January 16, 2014
I have a child going to this school and I have to say that yes the spanish part of it is good since he is able to understand and also write the words and make a sentence ... but see that is all good but the English part of it is my concern the math the science... where is all of that? I have a friend who has a child in a different school that has a CAMBRIDGE program and her son at the same school year he is reading very well in english and also his math is great multiplication problems with no problem in 2nd grade, and they are challanged all the time to reach their goal... I know that some parents with spanish speaking background may feel that their child should know how to talk and write in spanish ... but if I can choose I want my child to be able to be a professional in this country and that means you have to know more ...not just spanish... I am trying to move my child to another school that has the CAMBRIDGE program .. but I am very concern since my child is not up to part to meet those type of schools standards.. and the CAMBRIDGE progam is not provided in a private school is offered in public schools.. ohh and I am hispanic .. but I am a parent that wants more for my child.

Coral Way K-8 Center 3

Posted December 10, 2012
the school its fine, but the kids don't learn to succeed, they are taught to be quiet, they have only two recess days a week. they treat them in an old fashion way. erasing their dreams. the academic methods are so boring that I feel bad for my kid. He's been three month doing the same exercises over and over. No creativity at all. Sports is inexistent ,they have a soccer program that you have to pay, it's not bad, but they don't encourage them to get better. no soccer teams. it's like they have them just to say they have soccer. Self defence program is good, but as soccer it falls short on encouraging kids to be better. It sounds that all the time the politics is to get rid of kids dreams, like if they were an obstacle. they don't let the kids do anything because they are fear they might get hurt. they have a great backyard full of flowers and trees, but no one is allowed to use it. they don;t challenge kids. I think this is because the spanish culture, I'm spanish by the way. but it's the conformist mentality, a lots of boring repetitive not well explained academics. my kid is very smart and he is always frustrated

Coral Way K-8 Center 4

Posted October 08, 2012
Good academics, poor facilities, but so far so good. My child just started in Kindergarten at the annex. The physical facilities are marginally adequate at best, but that is not a reflection on the teachers or the principal. The Miami-Dade County School Board should be ashamed of the neglect and poor planning to keep Kindergarten in off-site portables -- for years on end. Surprisingly, the children and doing fine and the curriculum is top-notch. So we overlook the poor facilities: lack of any playground on the newly paved square of black-top asphalt (a gift to the school as I understand it), the balance of the campus is a motley field of broken asphalt "sidewalks" rocks and weeds and not a single tree for shade. With that said, the teachers are wonderful, the support staff is attentive and loving and the children are learning.

Posted February 08, 2012
I think this school is great. The kids perform at a very high level in English and Spanish, especially if they are in a specialized program like ISP or gifted. The school ranking is lower than it deserves because they take in all kids. It is a regular school that takes in all the kids in their boundary unlike charter and magnet schools that just pick and choose kids.

Posted November 22, 2011
Al Director de SCHOOL CORAL WAY K-8 CENTER La Direcci n de la Escuela N 1-385 "Guillermo Cano", sita en Guaymall n, Mendoza, Rca. Argentina, solicita a Ud. env e a ( la direcci n de correo de esta instituci n o fax 0261420140), el rendimiento (calificaci n num rica) del alumno C RDOBA, PATXI (STUDENT ID 0018816) de 1 a o (agosto 2005 a junio 2006), 2 a o (agosto 2006 a junio 2007) y 3 a o (agosto 2007 a junio 2008) Sin otro particular y a la espera de una pronta respuesta, saludamos a Ud atte

Posted November 02, 2011
I personally think the school is great. Teachers and all staff are very attentive to your needs or you child's need.

Posted December 19, 2009
My two kids attended CW and it was the best instruction ever. One is already in college and the second one is a senior, their success in school started because of the great foundations received in CW.

Coral Way K-8 Center 1

Posted November 16, 2009

Posted March 20, 2009

Coral Way K-8 Center
1950 Southwest 13th Avenue, Miami, FL  33145
Last modified Coral Way K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coral Way K-8 Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top