Posted April 28, 2014
Great school. Great teachers. Excellent communication with teachers and staff. Excellent Pre-K teacher. I'm so happy with my daughter teacher

Posted July 03, 2012
Great school. SOME good teachers. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE principal! She is mean she has no heart for the children what so ever! Both my eldest and my youngest went their so I have been visiting that school for a VERY long time and she doesn't even acknowledge me nor does she give me the time of day. She does nothing but sit in her office on the computer, but then she complains how parents aren't involved or how the school doesn't have any money. Maybe if she actually did something and spent money on the school and not all her plastic surgery (nothing is gonna make that face better) then the school would be better.

Posted April 22, 2012
I like that this school is a small neighborhood school. It makes the atmosphere more children friendly. The teachers and staff really get to know the kids. I have noticed teachers that haven't had my child in their class greet them by name. I also like that it is a bilingual school. The music teacher is great. The physical education program is also very strong. The principal greets every student as they enter the school. I always receive notices about special parent trainings at the school. I only wish they were at night since I work. Many of the teachers volunteer after school to tutor for free. There is also another regular tutoring program organized by the school but only some students are eligible so the free tutoring that those volunteer teachers offer is great. My child's teacher calls me during the day but she even calls me on the weekend and we texted each other. She has sent me pictures of my child in school doing special activities. This is above and beyond any teacher parent communication I have ever experienced and I love it. I have never had so much access to a teacher. I am very happy about this school and the teachers. And of course it is an A school.

Emerson Elementary School 1

Posted April 13, 2012
This school it's getting worst and worst everyday, the copy machine does not work, no printer, the computers most of the time are broken, the bathrooms are disgusting; and they said that is because the budget, but the princippal Ms. Acosta is traveling around the world with the consuler Ms Hernandez, and the teachers of course doing nothing, but complaining. what a sad school.

Emerson Elementary School 1

Posted March 02, 2012
Academics: POOR Parents Involvement: 00 Teachers and Staff: NOT SO GOOD. They are there just for the check, not for the kids. The principal and assit principal are not advocate for the children of the school. Roaches: EVERYWHERE! Never consider enrolling your child in this school.

Posted November 30, 2011
I have two kids at this school and I have to point out that the teachers needs more communication with parents, it's hard to get in touch with them and I believe that communication between parents and teachers it most be a # 1 issue for our kids to get the best results especially en elementary schools, other than that it's a great school, the Principal welcomes the students, every morning at the front door, academic results to the best of my knowledge are good, the activities programs involving parents is great (this is our chance to ask about our kids) and one suggestion for the office stuff, please look at your Principal she is a great lady and be more presentable.

Posted October 13, 2011
This i one of the best school in miami all the teacher are great most of them take the time with their students even after school hour with out getting paid. Example Mrs Silvia Vazquez and Mrs Holland. Its a great school everyone seems to care from the Asistant Principal I think her name is Vivian, teachers, from the ladies in the cafeteria and even the custodians. They are all great i have even heard of Custodian worring and making sure kids eat while they clean ( Ophelia) I love this school my son is in middle school now and i highly recommend it.

Posted September 14, 2010
Emerson has some good teachers.. . But some teachers barely speak English. Communication between administration and staff is poor at best, one hand never knows what the other is doing. There are safety hazards which have been pointed out to school administration and the Dade County School Board but the hazards remain. Some of the employees, including teachers, have no manners and could use a class in civics. The Emerson website boasts of an "open door policy" but you better have an appointment to get to that "open door". My third grader's lunchtime is at 10:30 AM, the USDA thinks that's unacceptable, so do I, but some of the kindergarten kids have their lunch at 9:55 AM. The administration at Emerson seems more concerned with how well the kids do on the F-Cat than with their welfare and whether they actually learn. Mrs Welsch, the PE teacher is excellent!

Emerson Elementary School 0

Posted May 18, 2009
This school is one of the best public schools in Miami. My son is an athlete and they have great afterschool activities such as baseball, art and music which he is in. I reccommend this school to any parent out there. I see they had some bad reviews but they are older and not accurate as of today, Next year will be my sons 5th year, any reccomendations for middle school?

Emerson Elementary School 0

Posted November 04, 2008
The curriculum for this school is extremely weak. Most teachers that have been working there have been teaching for 20+ years and they continue to have the old fashion philosophy. They are not technology oriented. In my case the teacher was a typical old style teacher who explains things on the board once and has students work on their workbook. I am very dissapointed with this school. I am wondering how this problem has been ignored by administration. I think administration is also part of the problem. The assistant principle is not aware of the curriculum and is just there. I am very dissapointed with this school. I can not believe that such a small school with such a low number of students is a 'B' school. This is unacceptable.

Emerson Elementary School
8001 Southwest 36th Street, Miami, FL  33155
Last modified Emerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emerson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.