Miami, FL

Posted August 30, 2015
This is my fifth year at this school and I couldn't be happier. The teachers are some of the best I've seen and really go the extra mile. There have been some hiccups but every time you have a school with so much parental involvement, there are differences of opinion. My only complaint is that the district seems to have forgotten the school exists so the PTA pays for all the computers, the Reading Lab, teacher's aides and all library books. It means a lot of work for the PTA to provide for those kids who depend on these services to enhance their academic experience. Then again that's why I gave it five stars because it really is a community school regardless of the fact that most kids are transfers. My hope is that the district and the school board embrace this school with a 60 year history and culture of excellence.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 30, 2015
They are all miracle workers who dedicate themselves to their students. They are always available to parents

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 30, 2015
I think it's too much but that is the fault of the district which demands homework in all grades

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 30, 2015
The school promotes inclusion in all grades starting with the LEAP pre-k program which uses mentors to introduce school to kids with special needs

Posted October 18, 2014
This school is great! They have amazing teachers that truly dedicate themselves to the best learning for all the children. My kids have been attending for the past 4 years, and it has been great. I have dealt with the Vice Principal, Veronica Recio, and she is very compassionate and understanding.

Posted April 10, 2014
This School is awesome! It has a very nice family feeling.The Principal is "on duty" 24/7. The teachers are great, very caring and well prepared. The PTA is amazing! All the Staff is great, except for one lady at the Cafeteria. (She is always yelling at the kids and blowing a whistle as mad) It hard at the beginning, but at the end of the day, most kids learn to ignore her Thanks David Fairchild for being a nice place for our kids to grow!

Posted October 30, 2013
We love this school! My daughter is thriving as a new 2nd grader. The principal is very hands on, faculty and staff across the board are professional and very caring. It has a private school feel at a public school cost, small so tight knit community, organized and active PTA and overall a wonderful place for children.

Posted July 15, 2013
Best school in the United States. An "A" school for 14 years. Terrific staff, very involved parents, great community involvement. Located near the University of Miami and Miami Children's Hospital.

Posted January 14, 2013
I went to David Fairchild in the early seventies. Back when us kids where droped off right in front of the school. No fences, no cops. just a beautiful little school. If anyone remembers Mrs. Hammond as the principal. Very classy lady. Even I as a kid noticed that. Fond memories. Will live in me for a life time.

Posted May 09, 2011
Fantastic school. I went there as a kid and i had such fond memories. My kids were struggling at Ludlam with fights, bullying and lack of learning. I got fed up and we moved specifically to this area because of David Fairchild Elementry. My Daughter has excelled and is now going to a magnet program next year for 6th grade and my son (3rd grade)who was reading at a first grade level at the start of the year has caught up. Best school in Miami. A private school environment w/o the cost.

5757 Southwest 45th Street, Miami, FL  33155
Last modified David Fairchild Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
David Fairchild Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top