Posted May 15, 2015
Great school. Mrs Tyler is a great principal. Always smiling and takes her time to listen. Excellent teachers, Mrs Burley, Mrs Gonzalez, Mrs izom, Mrs Lorie, Mrs Davis, Mrs Reyes Aguilera and Mrs Barber. It is a privilege to have such a nice and affordable music program. I hope someday there will be a chess club.

Fairlawn Elementary School 3

Posted October 30, 2013
I want to thanks Mrs. Martinez for being the best kindergarten teacher I always wished for my son. She an excellent, courageous and brave teacher. She is just GREAT!!!!!!!!

Posted June 09, 2013
What a wonderful school! I have nothing but great things to say - the teachers are truly dedicated. The kids REALLY learn, and the administration's dedication to student safety is wonderful. The bilingual program is excellent, and let me just say that the Gifted program (run by Ms. Mendoza and Ms. Bermudez) is simply the best for helping your child excel. They are such dedicated, excellent teachers and should be commended. This school has good kids, great teachers (there is not one that my kids have had that has not been excellent), and has been an A school for the past 10 years. What more can you ask for? Very happy with this school!

Posted January 16, 2013
I have had nothing but a wonderful experience since my child has attended Fairlawn Elementary. She has learned so much in such a short amount of time due to the exceptional teachers that they have there! TY

Posted August 27, 2010
Great school. Excellent Teachers and superb Administration. Want to specifically thank Mrs. Grabiel for her hard work and dedication in preparing her students for the FCAT. My daughter was very fortunate to have such a great, caring teacher. She is one of the few teachers that really make a difference in our children's life and will always be treasured. Our children at Fairlawn are extremely lucky to have such a great teacher.

Posted August 07, 2010
Fairlawn Elementary is an excellent school. I hope hte county's financial state does not take away the principal and teacher's motivation to do what is best for the students. I would like to mention Ms. Valladares and Ms Llerena for their dedication to their job, and also Ms Mashie Downs for her musical talent and the motivation she transmits to the children who are in the music program. Maintaining this program in Fairlawn or any other school must be in the hearts and minds of those who care about our children and our communities.

Posted June 18, 2009
This school year was quite difficult because third grade is a challenging grade because of the FCAT. I want to thank Mrs. Kohn for doing such a wonderful job in helping my daughter reach her maximum potential. She went above and beyond by tutoring her during her planning time so that she could do her very best. Thank you for your dedication. Fairlawn is simply the best!

Posted May 21, 2009
Mrs.valladares is the best teacher there

Posted October 10, 2008
Yes, I agree - the middle schools in the area are nowhere near the level of safety and dedication that Fairlawn is at. How terrible to think that our children will go from an A school Elementary to a lower grading middle school that has issues. This is one of my biggest worries even though my children have a few years to go still...

Posted October 09, 2008
Fairlawn Elementary is a great school, because they have great teachers. Among the greatest teachers are Ms Davis, Ms Santamarina, Ms Canamero, Ms Hernandez, Ms Grabiel, Ms Caruso, and a special mention must go to Ms Barber, who takes her teaching career and motivation very seriously. My two daughters attend this school since Kindergarten and are still there. I am concern about the Middle Schools in the area, since one of them is doing her last year at Fairlawn....

444 Southwest 60th Avenue, Miami, FL  33144
Last modified Fairlawn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairlawn Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top