Virginia A Boone-Highland Oaks School 4

Posted September 10, 2014
This is a great school but I must admit that I agree with some of the other parents. There is some favoritism with the PTA and teachers towards the children. If you don't live next door to them or know them personally your child will fall through the cracks. You can see the division. Even if you would like to volunteer they would generally get someone that they know before the one they don't.

Virginia A Boone-Highland Oaks School 2

Posted May 13, 2014
I have mixed feelings about this school. The PTA is excellent and their is a lot of parent involvement which is excellent in a public school. The new principal is great. I do feel that many of the teachers need to retire but their are a few caring compassionate teachers left. Also, if your child is not in the gifted program, the dual language program or special classes they may fall through the cracks. That is just my opinion. The school is different based on whether they are in a specialty class or regular class. When you are in that school, you can really feel the difference. Such a shame that our kids are divided by gifted and none gifted. The kids really do feel the difference. Hope that changes one day.

Posted August 26, 2013
Over the years this school has maintained the highest level of education. The staff and specially the teachers are excellent educators and friendly to the parents and extended family. We are so glad that the parents chose to live in the neighborhood so the kids could attend VABHOE. Oh, the new Principal is perfect for the school. Keep up the good work!

Posted January 18, 2012
This school is amazing! The teachers are fabulous and everyone is so involved! I would give it 5 stars!

Posted January 12, 2011
This is an amazing elementary school and my child had the good fortune to attend VABHOE until we were re zoned. The teachers are outstanding and for the 5 years my child was there, we never encountered any problems. The pricipal knows each and every child attending the school and she truly cares about her students. The PTSA is outstanding there as well. My only regret is that my child couldn't finish the last year there since the zoning changed. I highly recommend this wonderful school!

Virginia A Boone-Highland Oaks School 0

Posted October 11, 2010
I don't know much about the school as this is my son's first year in the school but I noticed that the principal is very concern with each child's education and create a learning environment.

Posted November 29, 2009

Posted October 05, 2009
My son had a good education there

Posted August 10, 2009
I currently have a 4th grader entering VABHOE for the 2009/10 school year and a son who graduated 2 yr ago. It has truly been an excellent and refreshing place of learning educationally and socially for my children. Dr. Rubin is a dynamic and innovative leader who encourages parent involvement, tolerance and technical advancement. She also has a great administration and dedicated teachers. The PTA is vibrant and effective, contributory and evolving. As a parent I'm glad to help in anyway I can and speak honestly that I too feel Virginia A. Boone Elementary is an enriching educational experience for our children!

Virginia A Boone-Highland Oaks School 0

Posted April 26, 2009
I have been teaching at this school for twenty years and I think it's the greatest school EVER. VABHOE totally rocks! Someone had previously posted that much of the staff needs to retire. There are some more experienced teachers here, but that only means that they really know what they're doing by now. I teach music and I know that all these teachers want the absolute best education for every child. I plan on staying here another 20 years. This school is great. And if your child is good at music or art, this is CERTAINLY the place to be! Mrs. Urbistondo and I are the best music and art teachers around these parts. Come by sometime and ask to visit 'The Tillmanator' and I'll show you around our great school.

Virginia A Boone-Highland Oaks School
20500 Northeast 24th Avenue, Miami, FL  33180
Last modified Virginia A Boone-Highland Oaks School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Virginia A Boone-Highland Oaks School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top