637 students|Dade

Bad
Good

This is the first year that both of my children have attended Howard Drive (Grade K and 1st) and I have been very pleased with the school so far. The teachers give almost daily updates via email and Shutterfly, and the PTA is very involved.

Wonderful school, both my children go here and i'm very pleased. Lots of parent involvement, PTA is great also. Principal is very involved. They dont offer spanish program for early grades which is a shame but i guess that has to do with the budget cuts. The after school prog is ok and could use some improv. Music program very good as well as library. I have noticed they dont have honor roll ceremonies. Overall is a great school.

Howard Drive is a wonderful school, I have a second grader there and he has done extremely well so far. The teachers really do care, but I just don't like to whole FCAT because our teachers are focusing more on preparing students for the FCAT and can't really help them with their basics, such as reading and writing. Because of that our students aren't passing the FCAT and being retained a grade level. But, overall its a great school.

We love Howard drive elementary. Both of are dons go there, have special needs, and are getting all the help they can give them.

It's a great size - not too big. The parents of the kids in this school neighborhood are extremely active, and generous with their volunteer time and donations to various fundraisers in the school to benefit the children. The principal and teachers are superb, and truly care about the kids.

They provide a quality education and kids are thriving!

Our family as been at Howard Drive since it opened. My daughter was in Kindergarten in 1969 and my son followed the following year. Then their little brother went 3 years later. Now, my grandchildren attend. Howard Drive has always strived for excellence and we are proud to have been affiliated with the school for all these years.

Great teachers who try very hard to make the best out of what they are given. With very little resourses and overcrowding they do a wonderful job.

I have had 2 children complete grade school @ Howard without incident. However, I would mention if you have a child withany disability Howard maynot be the right facility for him/her. The school is great aslong as your child is working on grade level . I think it would be fair to say that the main objective @ this school is to cater to there gifted and on level students.. So if your child fits this critiria than it would be a great match.. HOpe this helps parents trying to decide on a school. Don't let the location fool you as it has so many others..

Our school has a great principal with a great group of parents that really care about our kids and their education.

Last modified Howard Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.