710 students|Dade

Bad
Good

My son started the inclusion program in Pre-K with Miss Dawn and Miss Joyce. I can't think of any other teachers that could be more into education and kids well-being. My son has speech and developmental issues and was always treated with respect and the utmost attention. Now, he is attending Kindergarten at Madie Ives with Dr. Robinson, she runs a bilingual (English-Spanish) classroom and she is the best. Her full-time dedication to her class, patience, and firm hand at the same time makes her the best in the area. We will always have Madie Ives elementary in our hearts, especially for this teachers. The new principal is hands on!

the school great, and the teacher too but honestly speaking idk my son was picked on. kids would call him things like cracker or white boy (he hispanic by the way not that it matters)... and was kicked "by mistake" in the head.... PE, lunch time, and before class time needs more supervision

There are so many wonderful things about this school and their teachers - not everyone might have the same experience as we've had in the last two years. The A.P. is VERY involved and loves the kids. The curriculum is very thorough & my daughter doesn't come home with anything she did not learn in the classroom as H.W. Let's see how 2nd grade goes next year! Excellent school!

My son attended Madie Ives for a short period of time in Kindergarten, thank goodness. The curriculum was great, however, the kids were bullys. The learning environment was very disruptive. The teacher was unattached to her job.

I love this school, My daughter is attending there and has since Kindergarten she is now in the 3rd Grade, My experience with the school has been great her teachers have and are really involved with the students, make a great effort for the students to succeed and really care about educating the Kids and their future, My daughter reads at a 5th grade level thanks to the attention and cirrculum of the school and teachers, I am very sad that this may be my daughter last year there, I really concerned about finding a school that will compare with the level of education and great experience that both my daughter and I had here. Great school!

Hello, I am a parent and this is my son's first year at Madie Ives. His K teacher is a wonderful person, and my son loves it here and i do also I am a member of the PTSA and they are great as well....

I am a parent of 2 kids at Madie Ives. Their K, 1st and 2nd grade teachers were excellent. My daughter's 3rd grade teachers do not seem to be that good. Lack of extra curricular activities. Too much emphasis on FCAT and not other subjects such as science, music and social studies.

Terrible education, terrible teachers, and unsatisfactory learning conditions. Too bad that there is not a rating below no stars.

Last modified Madie Ives Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.