Miami, FL

Posted August 05, 2015
This school is a little gem. The teachers are amazing and knowledgable. They make learning fun. The administration and office staff are attentive to the children's needs, and respectful to me. My children have been at this school for 4 years now and we have not had a problem. The community of parents is also very nice with many activities and parental involvement. Great communication also between parents and teachers. So blessed and proud to be able to send my sons to Kendale elementary.

Kendale Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2015
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!! The first grade it was a nightmare.. Tried different strategies but there are all kind of problems, from bullying until generalization over the student’s needs. Workers are not prepared to deal with people at all... The administration are extremely rude and definitely not educated at all.. Simply they lack of manners. I regret that I wait until the end of the year to change school...

Kendale Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 03, 2015

Kendale Elementary School 1

Posted February 13, 2015
I hadto pull my son out of this school. I used to love it. The Pre-K program is fantasic. However, once my son started Kindergarten everything changed. My son is a sweet child who loves to please, but his success has been thwarted at every turn by teachers and administration who have an "I can't" attitude. The assistant principal is very nice. However, she is not on your side. You can walk in with documentation, test results, independent evaluations, but if they can do less for you, they always will. If they think they can get more from you, they'll try. They know every child by name, but they don't put any thought into who they place in each class. They show very poor planning skills. Every year, my son's class has been split. In the first 3 months of 2nd grade, he had 5 different teachers. Autistic children need stability, and he definitely wasn't getting any, or an education. The final straw came when my son came home with bloody scratches. All the children knew what happened, but none of the teachers had a clue. His psychologist recommended I pull him from the school immediately, so I did. He's doing much better, but homeschool should never have been an option.

Kendale Elementary School 3

Posted February 09, 2015
I'm giving the school three stars because of the office staff Raquel is excellent she treats the parents with respect and is very nice. The social worker for the school is horrible, needs to work on her communication skills with parents. Also if you need childcare for your kids try not to use the after school care I don't recommend it You won't be happy. Most of the teacher's are excellent it's because of them that I gave the school three stars they deserve five, but the school doesn't.

Posted April 25, 2014
My son has been going to this school since kinder. It's a small school where everyone including the admin staff knows your child's name as well as yours. Love the school. Son had done really well.

Posted March 04, 2014
My son has attended this school since first grade and my daughter since kindergarten. My son is about to graduate and I can say that I have only positive things to say about the teachers, the new principal, Mr. Hall and the office staff. Both of my kids are in the gifted program and these are some of the best, most caring teachers I have known. I am a very involved parent and have always received feedback from them and my children have been engaged learners. I highly, highly recommend this school to everyone.

Posted October 28, 2013
Nice school, teachers and staff know all the children. Teachers are overall loving and dedicated. Parent involvement has been increasing. Children feel right at home.

Posted October 26, 2013
Well rounded school that produces well rounded students ! Amazing gifted program that teaches the children with all sorts of hands on experiences using all sorts of styles of teaching. Wonderful and safe environment .

Posted October 25, 2013
Our school has an AMAZING gifted program. They do incredible hands-on projects. Their ESE program is outstanding. They really work hard to help the child grow to be independent learners.

Kendale Elementary School
10693 Southwest 93rd Street, Miami, FL  33176
Last modified Kendale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kendale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top