Miami, FL

Kendale Elementary School 1

Posted February 13, 2015
I hadto pull my son out of this school. I used to love it. The Pre-K program is fantasic. However, once my son started Kindergarten everything changed. My son is a sweet child who loves to please, but his success has been thwarted at every turn by teachers and administration who have an "I can't" attitude. The assistant principal is very nice. However, she is not on your side. You can walk in with documentation, test results, independent evaluations, but if they can do less for you, they always will. If they think they can get more from you, they'll try. They know every child by name, but they don't put any thought into who they place in each class. They show very poor planning skills. Every year, my son's class has been split. In the first 3 months of 2nd grade, he had 5 different teachers. Autistic children need stability, and he definitely wasn't getting any, or an education. The final straw came when my son came home with bloody scratches. All the children knew what happened, but none of the teachers had a clue. His psychologist recommended I pull him from the school immediately, so I did. He's doing much better, but homeschool should never have been an option.

Kendale Elementary School 3

Posted February 09, 2015
I'm giving the school three stars because of the office staff Raquel is excellent she treats the parents with respect and is very nice. The social worker for the school is horrible, needs to work on her communication skills with parents. Also if you need childcare for your kids try not to use the after school care I don't recommend it You won't be happy. Most of the teacher's are excellent it's because of them that I gave the school three stars they deserve five, but the school doesn't.

Posted April 25, 2014
My son has been going to this school since kinder. It's a small school where everyone including the admin staff knows your child's name as well as yours. Love the school. Son had done really well.

Posted October 28, 2013
Nice school, teachers and staff know all the children. Teachers are overall loving and dedicated. Parent involvement has been increasing. Children feel right at home.

Posted October 26, 2013
Well rounded school that produces well rounded students ! Amazing gifted program that teaches the children with all sorts of hands on experiences using all sorts of styles of teaching. Wonderful and safe environment .

Posted October 25, 2013
Our school has an AMAZING gifted program. They do incredible hands-on projects. Their ESE program is outstanding. They really work hard to help the child grow to be independent learners.

Posted October 17, 2013
It's simple really, Kendale produces the most intelligent minds in the Miami area, the school is an A school for the last 10 years, blue ribon, five star... etc..., it is hcurriculumn is hard, but kids learn and havea great experience, they have dreams and this is like a stepping stone to a beter life to reaching those dreams.

Kendale Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
My son did start this year for the fisrt time on this school 2 nd Grade and he does love it, great teachers, the facilities are big and clean, the teacher gave him a lot of homework but I do prefer this than not homework, additionally the school offers extra classes called PTA which are wonderfull because the kids can choose what topic or sport do they want to practice after school hours. The do have also fair books and a lot of activies for the kids. Love the school not complaint at all.

Kendale Elementary School 4

Posted December 18, 2012
High level of education. Teachers and staff really care about the students. I highly recommend this school.

Posted July 18, 2011
Both of my children have attended this school and I think it is an excellent school. The administration, teachers and staff have a genuine interest in the academic success of students. My children have received a top quality education here. I would highly recommend this school.

Kendale Elementary School
10693 Southwest 93rd Street, Miami, FL  33176
Last modified Kendale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kendale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top