Posted September 09, 2014
This school just recently went through a huge plastic surgery, gastric bypass, and face lift. Completely new management, good & certified (and better) teachers, an all-new caring and responsive principle, make up a better administrative team. Renewing all textbooks, fixing up structural/building related issues, and adding new technology, this school is on the rise for the better.

Posted April 24, 2014
Awesome arts program, a student on their graphic design class even won an INTERNATIONAL AWARD for MIAMI FASHION WEEK!!! Congrats! Amazing school! Long live the arts!

Posted February 19, 2014
Students at A&M are awesome form their participation in the Artists Mentoring program and displaying their works at the Ritz Carlton in the Grove. What a great opportunity for performing arts students in South Florida to have a public high school that provides dance, music, photography, creative writing, theater/drama and visual arts programs for talented students. Take a tour and see for yourself. A&M rocks!!!

Posted November 11, 2013
I am currently a college student but I went to A&M my freshman and Sophomore year, which is when the school started going majorly downhill. Very inconsistent staff, high teacher turnover rate, theres a new principal almost every other month, since I have left there has probably been 8+ principals in the school and the lack of resources is unbelievable. They charge ridiculous fees and do not give us anything in return for the fees, they basically rob you of you're money. I enjoyed my home school 10x more than I did A&M and the disappointment from my freshman and Sophomore year in that unacceptable school still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It is unbelievable that a school this dysfunctional is still standing

Posted September 28, 2013
Not good. Not good at all. What many parents, like myself, seldom realize at first is that this school is actually controlled by non-administrators who operate behind the scenes. A&M is a charter school. So the school is required by law to do certain things or face consequences. I credit whatever limited success the school has had in the past to the things they are required to do by the state. There have been some good teachers at A&M. But I feel it has been IN SPITE OF the school's founder/owner; not because of him. The negative trail of evidence goes back several years with this school. A big turn off is that the school's controllers consistently trash and bad mouth past administrations and even teachers. I suspect they do so because they have all been whistleblowers. Many of us are just weary that the school is constantly in damage control mode. Scandal after scandal!! There are other great arts charter school and magnet school choices. I am hoping my daughter can get into Miami Arts Charter next year. I advise others to beware of the troubles that plague A&M.

Posted August 16, 2013
We allowed our daughter to remain at this school because her home school seemed to be just as bad. Looking back at our decision it was probably a mistake. The administration was constantly changing. We went through 3 school principals while we were there and the last one was fired this past year. This will be principal 4 in about 2 years. The administration was not very helpful and getting documents and help for college was difficult. Do not be misled by other posts on this site. If you want to see what is happening at this school look at the data on sites like this one. They went from an A school to a B. The school's end of course scores (EOC Scores) are 43 for Algebra 1 while the Florida average is 64. The score for Biology is 39 while the Florida average is 67 and the this school's score for Geometry is 40 and the Florida average is 64. This is way below the average and it is a clear message of what is really happening. The school is still taking applications so late in the year when all other performing arts magnets and charters are closed and on waiting lists. Look at the real data and read all the real information that is available for this school.

Posted August 02, 2013
From the moment i walked into this high school I knew that it was the right place for me. It's no ordinary high school. It's tiny and the students are different but that's what makes it great. Everyone is like family; we all know each other and we all get along great. Every student comes here with a special artistic talent and it's especially amazing when you get to see them all the different talents unite. I honestly couldn't have chosen a better high school. I've definitely had a great high school experience. It's been the best three years I've spent in a school and I'm really looking forward to my last year in this spectacular school of the arts.

Posted June 26, 2013
I love this school. I've been here my full 4 years and I couldn't be any happier. This school is like no other and can't compare which is what makes the school unique. When I auditioned to this school i did so through the Graphic Design program but it didn't interest me that much the first few weeks of school because its not my thing. I wanted to leave but then my friend asked me I had any other talents, and I said I don't know! So she told me to try an audition into the vocal program at the Academy and I did. Let me tell you if it wasn't for this school i wouldn't be heading towards Berklee sometime in the fall. They trained me very well and helped me choose my career aspirations and goals. I became obsessed with music in my freshmen year. The staff in the school is amazing despite what anybody says you can't really judge the school unless you've really experienced. The teachers all help us learn and make sure we get the best out of everything. The Academy has helped me grow as a person and as a performer. I had shows every year and grew out of my shyness shell. I really love this school and hopefully one day when im a well known singer i can come back and donate to this school.

Academy Of Arts & Minds 2

Posted June 20, 2013
I am a parent and have decided to remove my son who just finished his fist year at this high school. I researched the school and found that they had numerous principals in a short time, saw the videos of the meetings that were showing on youtube, read the articles from the newspapers, and read the information that was available with Miami Dade County Public Schools web site. The information was very bad but my son is a musician and there are limited music programs. We went and looked at the school and met the principal. After speaking with him we felt we should give the school a chance. I am now told that this principal will not return and other staff members are leaving also. I am surprised because the school was very happy with the results of the US News ranking after the new principal came in. Now I see that this is not accurate because from what the other post says it is based on information from 2010 and 2011. I should have been more careful in selecting the school after reading and seeing everything that I researched.

Posted May 22, 2013
Parents should know that the US News ranking is based on data from the 2010-2011 school year when there was an experienced principal who had recruited a great teacher staff. They are all gone now!! In 2011 parents started asking questions about the lack of both resources and transparency at the school which resulted in an investigation by MDCPS of the people running it thru the "nonprofit" that holds the charter. Take a look at the audit report that cited many concerns. Read the articles in the Miami herald. And understand that all of the academic teachers in the 2010-2011 year that was used for the USNews ranking left the school within a year bc of the many concerns raised. Thus the ranking is about the school that was, This charter school is not operated for the kids. Don't trust any of the hype. If you care about your kids don't send them here!

Academy Of Arts & Minds
3138 Commodore Plaza, Miami, FL  33133
Last modified Academy Of Arts & Minds is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy Of Arts & Minds Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top