Posted November 25, 2014
Love Love Love! Great academics, great connections between all of school staff and attendees, and plenty of parent involvement. Love it here! Charter schools for the win!

Posted November 25, 2014
Love it! Great staff, great teachers, great area. Lots of activities for students to do, and the academic teachers are really outstanding this year.

Posted November 25, 2014
We seriously love it here! Not only is there a diverse group of accepting and loving students, but the teachers are no different- and they're beyond qualified for their job! The academics are fantastic and the art programs are phenomenal! Definitely worth much more than Greatschols.org's rating. The school went through a few hiccups but you wouldn't be able to tell, especially with the new management. Lovely!

Posted October 21, 2014
My son is currently in the school and he loves it. It is like a family, no bullying, he is enjoying being there while learning, and there are support from all teachers and management

Posted September 09, 2014
This school just recently went through a huge plastic surgery, gastric bypass, and face lift. Completely new management, good & certified (and better) teachers, an all-new caring and responsive principle, make up a better administrative team. Renewing all textbooks, fixing up structural/building related issues, and adding new technology, this school is on the rise for the better.

Posted April 24, 2014
Awesome arts program, a student on their graphic design class even won an INTERNATIONAL AWARD for MIAMI FASHION WEEK!!! Congrats! Amazing school! Long live the arts!

Posted February 19, 2014
Students at A&M are awesome form their participation in the Artists Mentoring program and displaying their works at the Ritz Carlton in the Grove. What a great opportunity for performing arts students in South Florida to have a public high school that provides dance, music, photography, creative writing, theater/drama and visual arts programs for talented students. Take a tour and see for yourself. A&M rocks!!!

Posted November 11, 2013
I am currently a college student but I went to A&M my freshman and Sophomore year, which is when the school started going majorly downhill. Very inconsistent staff, high teacher turnover rate, theres a new principal almost every other month, since I have left there has probably been 8+ principals in the school and the lack of resources is unbelievable. They charge ridiculous fees and do not give us anything in return for the fees, they basically rob you of you're money. I enjoyed my home school 10x more than I did A&M and the disappointment from my freshman and Sophomore year in that unacceptable school still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It is unbelievable that a school this dysfunctional is still standing

Posted September 28, 2013
Not good. Not good at all. What many parents, like myself, seldom realize at first is that this school is actually controlled by non-administrators who operate behind the scenes. A&M is a charter school. So the school is required by law to do certain things or face consequences. I credit whatever limited success the school has had in the past to the things they are required to do by the state. There have been some good teachers at A&M. But I feel it has been IN SPITE OF the school's founder/owner; not because of him. The negative trail of evidence goes back several years with this school. A big turn off is that the school's controllers consistently trash and bad mouth past administrations and even teachers. I suspect they do so because they have all been whistleblowers. Many of us are just weary that the school is constantly in damage control mode. Scandal after scandal!! There are other great arts charter school and magnet school choices. I am hoping my daughter can get into Miami Arts Charter next year. I advise others to beware of the troubles that plague A&M.

Posted August 16, 2013
We allowed our daughter to remain at this school because her home school seemed to be just as bad. Looking back at our decision it was probably a mistake. The administration was constantly changing. We went through 3 school principals while we were there and the last one was fired this past year. This will be principal 4 in about 2 years. The administration was not very helpful and getting documents and help for college was difficult. Do not be misled by other posts on this site. If you want to see what is happening at this school look at the data on sites like this one. They went from an A school to a B. The school's end of course scores (EOC Scores) are 43 for Algebra 1 while the Florida average is 64. The score for Biology is 39 while the Florida average is 67 and the this school's score for Geometry is 40 and the Florida average is 64. This is way below the average and it is a clear message of what is really happening. The school is still taking applications so late in the year when all other performing arts magnets and charters are closed and on waiting lists. Look at the real data and read all the real information that is available for this school.

Academy Of Arts & Minds
3138 Commodore Plaza, Miami, FL  33133
Last modified Academy Of Arts & Minds is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy Of Arts & Minds Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 77 reviews. Top