725 students|Dade
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to Kendale Lakes Elementary, a STEAM Academy School, and a multiple FLDOE Five Star School Award recipient! On behalf of the Kendale Lakes Elementary (KLE) School family it is my pleasure to welcome you to our outstanding school. Our mission focuses on each child reaching their full potential. We take tremendous pride in providing an excellent and motivational education, in a loving, caring, family atmosphere, unlike any other in our district. Through the cooperation and teamwork of our students, staff, parents and the community, we strive for excellence and inspiration in all that we do to serve you and your child(ren). Close cooperation between the home and school is essential to providing a quality education and an engaging extra-curricular program. In order to accomplish this, we encourage parents to be a partner in their child’s education. It is a privilege and honor to work collaboratively with all our stakeholders in preparing our students and providing them with the educational foundation needed to excel in our society and beyond. At KLE, we continuously raise the bar and “believe it can be done!” ¡Bienvenidos a la Escuela Kendale Lakes Elementary! Una Escuela Académica STEAM, y recipiente múltiple veces del “FLDOE Five Star School Award” (Premio de Escuela de Cinco Estrellas FLDOE). En nombre de la familia de la Escuela Kendale Lakes Elementary (KLE) es un placer darles la bienvenida a nuestra destacada escuela. El enfoque de nuestra misión es que cada niño/a alcance su máxima potencial. Tomamos gran orgullo en proveer una excelente y motivadora educación, en una atmósfera de familia, llena de amor y cuidado, como ninguna otra del distrito. A través de la cooperación y el trabajo unido de nuestros estudiantes, maestros, empleados, padres y la comunidad, trabajamos hacia la excelencia e inspiración en todo lo que hacemos para servirles a ustedes y a sus hijos e hijas. Una cooperación unida entre el hogar y la escuela es esencial en proveer una educación de calidad y participación en las distintas actividades escolares.
August 03, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

We want thank Mrs. Voigh, first grade teacher for all the improve that our son have made! Thank!! We want you again in 2nd grade!!

I love this is school, my daughter has the best teachers ever. Thank you Kendall Lakes for been such a good School for our students. The Principal is amazing. Now I'm so sad because I need move to my little to other school, I wish she can stay here until 5th grade, but I move a little bit far.

Amount of homework: no rating

- a school leader
Our approach to home learning is that it is an extension of what was taught and reviewed with students as part of their instructional day. Home learning is assigned in accordance with District guidelines; however, based upon individual student abilities, this may result in less or more time necessary to complete work that was assigned. As part of the home learning communication process, KLE utilizes an agenda planner so that important information may be shared between the home and school. Several teachers also choose to use a grade level or class website to post home learning assignments or projects, upcoming special events, and any other important news to share with our students/parents. As an integral part of school-based practice and home learning assignments, students are expected to complete important technology programs to enable us to monitor their skills in core subject areas, and review or enrich students academically based upon their generated results. These valuable programs greatly support individualized growth based upon each learner's ability in the various subject areas. The District and school site use these incredible programs to monitor student performance on an ongoing basis. Because of the transition towards computer-based testing, we highly support student practice with these programs at school as well as at home, so their comfort level in this area is maximized. Although there are recommended sessions to complete on a weekly basis, students may always expand their utilization in order to improve in areas of academic difficulty, or expand their use to challenge or enrich their skills whenever able to do so. Daily reading for 30 minutes is an important part of home learning for all students. Through school funds, we purchase the Accelerated Reader (AR) Program (for designated grade levels)which allows students to read books of their choice, or as part of our reading textbook series, and take reading comprehension tests to monitor their academic skills. Students typically set a quarterly goal for AR and work to meet or exceed their goal. A schoolwide AR incentive program, overseen by our Media Specialist, challenges students to join the "Millionaires Club" by reading 1,000,000 words or more each year. Students exceling in this capacity are showcased on a bulletin board outside the entry to our media center.

Develops character: no rating

- a school leader
The KLE family is very blessed to promote a values driven school culture. Throughout the year, positive character lessons and student service activities are interwoven within our classrooms and academic programs to develop the whole child. Students become well aware of positive behavioral expectations in our daily interactions. Schoolwide assemblies and special events integrate essential lessons and discussions that highlight these qualities we aim to develop in each child. For further emphasis, the counselor oversees the Student of the Month Program as well as the Do The Right Thing Program which enable school personnel to nominate outstanding students each month. Conduct awards and special incentive recognitions such as Student of the Month, Do The Right Thing, and Most Improved honors, allow us to showcase exemplary students. Additionally, our fabulous PAT organization sponsors rewards for our outstanding students, and each child is showcased through our closed circuit television programming. Special bulletin boards post the monthly nominees' photograph throughout the year! Highlighting students for these recognition programs sets a wonderful example for their classmates to emulate. We are also very fortunate to have high school students volunteer at KLE, and many are alumni. For the past two years, the MDCPS District Youth Volunteer of the Year have earned this recognition while serving the KLE family. Seeing this priority in action for our youngest learners at the age of 3, and again while working with our high school volunteers, reaffirms our commitment of excellence for all.

i'm so happy that my girl is in this school since kinder and now she go to 4 grade, i think this is the best school in the area, thank you for everything that you did for my baby

Both my sons attended Kendale Lakes Elementary beginning in PK. They have had phenomenal, caring, and challenging teachers that have prepared them and motivated them to always do their best. It became most apparent to me what a quality education Kendale Lakes provided when my oldest went on to middle school to take Honors and high school courses. The quality education he received was the foundation he needed to continue to strive for greatness! I am grateful to the many wonderful teachers, the administration and the support personnel that make the school a huge success! My youngest son is in 2nd grade now and I continue to trust and count on KLE!

My daughter and son go to this wonderful school everyday my daughter was in 5th grade and my son in moving to 3rd so i rate this a 5

I have been a teacher at Kendale Lakes Elementary School since the year 2000. I have had a wonderful experience as a teacher at this school. Since I am also an alumni of Kendale Lakes, I have seen this school flourish in many ways. The amount of technology available to teachers and students has significantly increased. It is incredible that there are 11 working computers in my classroom, along with an amazing LCD projector, which we use throughout the day for our lessons. The students are able to work on many amazing programs available on a daily basis, such as: Accelerated Reader, Success Maker, and Ticket to Read. These programs have provided daily interventions for every student in the class, no matter what their instructional level may be. I am looking forward to my future years at Kendale Lakes Elementary as one of the members of this incredible staff!!

I have been working at this school for over 8 years and I can't say how proud I am to be a KLE staff member. I am lucky enough to work in a Kinder/First grade co-teaching environment. The amount of technology that has been implemented into this school since I began many years ago is overwhelming. I am very PROUD to say we have an LCD projector to utilze in our classroom which has opened many doors for my students and their learning styles. The school has progressed a great deal, in the aera of TECHNOLOGY!!!

Last modified Kendale Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.