Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,073
Before care: Yes

Posted June 25, 2014
I love this school. My son has learned so much. Everyone is very friendly. I do not worry about his safety, because I know he is safe.

Kenwood K-8 Center 2

Posted June 07, 2014
I hate this school because my son got bullied by these kids that were really mean to my son. Also i don't even know how my son got bullied because he is a very nice kid. What really got me disappointed was that the teacher left the classroom. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted May 10, 2014
Great Teachers Best School in Miami. Great it has the best elementary school GO COUGARS

Kenwood K-8 Center 4

Posted October 09, 2013
The comments written in the most recent rating seem to be enveloped in a personal vendetta against the administration. It is unfortunate they have chosen this venue to air their malignant attitude. The comments are not only upsetting, but are erroneous as well. I am a parent at this school and have not experienced any of the dissatisfaction that has been posted. My child is receiving an excellent education at Kenwood. Furthermore, the teachers my child has had have been amazing! These teachers go above and beyond what is expected of them. They have always been professional and I have only had positive experiences with each and every one of them. Those teachers that are in constant turmoil should seek employment elsewhere so they do not contaminate the good that is going on here.

Posted September 05, 2013
Kenwood is truly an amazing place. In the face of limited budgets, increased competition from charter schools, and ever-evolving requirements for accountability, this school has maintained a tradition of excellence that bring distinction to its almost 90-year history. A powerful teaching staff, a dedicated and passionate administration, and an active parent community keep this school functioning at a very high level. I chose to have my children attend this school, and they have blossomed in high school as a result of their great experiences at Kenwood. There may be no such thing as the "perfect school," but Kenwood is certainly close!

Posted August 27, 2013
Kenwood is a great school, the teachers are super the installation are clean is a very well keep the admin staff are very professional and helpful Mrs. Moraima the principal is always around and also with time to hear the parents thanks my older daughter was graduate from here and she cry because she have to leave the school now my youngest is in third grade with Mrs. Leal and she is happy also Mrs Pedrique and Mrs. Rosenthal are super nice and very professional dedicated to the students

Posted August 21, 2013
I have heard so many good things about this school that I was anxious for my daughter to get started. So far my first grade teacher is very caring and professional. Today is the third day of school and it seems like this is going to be a great teacher for my daughter. She is a new teacher but great Job so far! However, my experience with the staff in the main office and especially the after school care director has been very uncomfortable. Attitudes are extremely lousy and the year just began! They act as if they are doing the us parents a favor to give us information or that we are dumb not to know all their rules by now. I am a new parent and I will be rating them regularly (every month or so) if my time allows. I just hope that someone in administration or from the district office (next door) reads this and talks to them about proper manners and communication skills, especially with new parents! We are not your enemies!

Posted August 15, 2013
I am not one to write reviews but I had to after what I went through last year. My son started first grade and as per the teacher he wasn't doing well. We met with her and the assistant principal several times and although he was very open to helping she was not. I started going several times a week to the class to volunteer but also to see what was going on. The teacher never taught!!! She only wrote page numbers on the board, had the kids do the assignments and then gave them the answers. When a child asked a question she would say "you should know that by now". I ended up taking my son out of that school and placed him in a private school (which thankfully wasn't as expensive as the well known ones bc I wouldn't have been able to afford it) and he thankfully learned in a few months stuff he had not learned here and passed first grade. The teacher was there to collect a paycheck and didn't care about her students. I will be writing to the school board and sending them the different report cards so they can see and hopefully things change bc they surely protect their teachers even when the teachers don't care about their students

Posted July 12, 2013
My advice to parents who need to work & don't have the luxury of spending all of their time fundraising for this school is to not send your precious children here. The office staff/teachers are extremely lazy, you will spend hours after a long day of work trying to teach your children what they should have been taught in school, the teachers don't take responsibility, they favor the kids whose parents are classroom parents, allow other kids to check your children's homework, the office makes small children call home on their own when they're sick, they let them walk home alone even when you specifically asked they not be released without you,allow your children to be bullied or bully your children themselves, the after school is a joke where your children play in the dirt while the counselors hang out, no support services or enrichment programs.Your concerns get no follow up,no security at the school, roaches crawling everywhere, the school looks run down, the AC breaks down frequently.You're lucky if you end up with a handful of teachers who care. Don't stress yourself/your kids, take your children to a school that won't be emotionally damaging and will actually help them learn.

Kenwood K-8 Center 2

Posted May 14, 2013
mi hijo e hija concurrren a esta escuela, hay exelencia en cuanto a los maestros ,pero en la administracion como los principal y asistentesde losprincipal,les falta educcion,comprension,malos tratos hacia los docentes desde su autoridad y hacia al alumnado, he visto como gritan y empujan los directivos a los alumnos con problemas de conducta.es indignante observar dichas actitudes de quienes deberian organizar y educar a nuestros hijos.

Kenwood K-8 Center
9300 Southwest 79th Avenue, Miami, FL  33156
Last modified Kenwood K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenwood K-8 Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 139 reviews. Top