1,042 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Kenwood K-8 Center 2

Posted September 04, 2015
I have to say I had a terrible experience with this school. I had such high hopes but in the end... it came down to the Principal Ms. Moraima. I do not believe she has the best interest of the child in mind. I do believe she wants to keep her school A rated and keep the standard up but when I had an issue with my child regarding his ADD, she had zero compassion. She has a very cold side to her (almost completely apathetic). If your child is a straight A student with no extra needs, I do believe you will like this school. However, if you have a child that requires extra attention and help, consider yourself warned. As far as the teachers, we had a great experience one year and just awful lack of communication the following. It was like pulling teeth trying to get responses to emails and extra help. Overall, I believe if a truly caring Principal were to come on board, this school has a lot of potential.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted September 04, 2015
I had a great experience with my sons Kindergarten teacher but for first grade, my experience was very poor

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted September 04, 2015
As I said in the review, I believe the school itself is not bad but in my experience, the principal of the school treated me unfairly.

Posted April 06, 2015
I am a parent of a kindergarten in Mrs. Rodriguez's class. I am very happy with this school, the teachers and how my child has transformed during the school year. I love hos Mrs. Rodriguez shows an interest in the children and is loving yet stern. My child is learning a lot, and enjoys the fun activities Mrs. Rodriguez prepares which makes learning fun! Thank you for a great year!

Posted March 25, 2015
I am a parent of a kindergarten student and this is our first year at Kenwood. I cannot say enough how happy I am with his education and how much he is learning in this great environment. Ms. Garcia is his teacher and she is very sweet and caring but can be strict and stern when she needs to be. She is very involved with my child and I love the way she engages the kids with fun classroom activities that tie in current events and other notable dates. I know a couple of the other teachers and it really seems to be a good caring team at Kenwood. The new principal, Mr. Rodriguez, is very dynamic and has brought some good fun things to the school, everyone seems to like him and he is very good with the kids. The afterschool staff is also great. Overall we are very satisfied and I look forward to many years as a Kenwood mom.

Posted March 23, 2015
I have seen a positive transformation of this school. Students are provided with greater opportunities and the parents are welcome into the school. There is a greater community involvement here now more than before and it shows. The best part of the new changes at Kenwood are an active social media network. I no longer have to search in my child's book bag or call the school to find out whats happening. Kudos to the new changes.

Kenwood K-8 Center 1

Posted January 28, 2015
Some teachers are good others doesn't even care about your kid. I am a parent of a kindergarten and have been several times picking early my daughter up because she had "accidents" people don't know what happened no one is reponsable watching the kids . No just that they don't care your kid learn, my older son who is autistic had the worse experience was bullied, not learning besides they do have money from the district didn't want to give my kid what he was needing the teacher so mean with him, so i took him out, is hardly wait the end of the school year so my daughter can be out of there too.

Posted June 25, 2014
I love this school. My son has learned so much. Everyone is very friendly. I do not worry about his safety, because I know he is safe.

Kenwood K-8 Center 2

Posted June 07, 2014
I hate this school because my son got bullied by these kids that were really mean to my son. Also i don't even know how my son got bullied because he is a very nice kid. What really got me disappointed was that the teacher left the classroom. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted May 10, 2014
Great Teachers Best School in Miami. Great it has the best elementary school GO COUGARS

9300 Southwest 79th Avenue, Miami, FL  33156
Last modified Kenwood K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.