Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,073

Posted April 06, 2015
I am a parent of a kindergarten in Mrs. Rodriguez's class. I am very happy with this school, the teachers and how my child has transformed during the school year. I love hos Mrs. Rodriguez shows an interest in the children and is loving yet stern. My child is learning a lot, and enjoys the fun activities Mrs. Rodriguez prepares which makes learning fun! Thank you for a great year!
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 25, 2015
I am a parent of a kindergarten student and this is our first year at Kenwood. I cannot say enough how happy I am with his education and how much he is learning in this great environment. Ms. Garcia is his teacher and she is very sweet and caring but can be strict and stern when she needs to be. She is very involved with my child and I love the way she engages the kids with fun classroom activities that tie in current events and other notable dates. I know a couple of the other teachers and it really seems to be a good caring team at Kenwood. The new principal, Mr. Rodriguez, is very dynamic and has brought some good fun things to the school, everyone seems to like him and he is very good with the kids. The afterschool staff is also great. Overall we are very satisfied and I look forward to many years as a Kenwood mom.

Posted March 23, 2015
I have seen a positive transformation of this school. Students are provided with greater opportunities and the parents are welcome into the school. There is a greater community involvement here now more than before and it shows. The best part of the new changes at Kenwood are an active social media network. I no longer have to search in my child's book bag or call the school to find out whats happening. Kudos to the new changes.
2 people found this helpful

Kenwood K-8 Center 1

Posted January 28, 2015
Some teachers are good others doesn't even care about your kid. I am a parent of a kindergarten and have been several times picking early my daughter up because she had "accidents" people don't know what happened no one is reponsable watching the kids . No just that they don't care your kid learn, my older son who is autistic had the worse experience was bullied, not learning besides they do have money from the district didn't want to give my kid what he was needing the teacher so mean with him, so i took him out, is hardly wait the end of the school year so my daughter can be out of there too.

Posted June 25, 2014
I love this school. My son has learned so much. Everyone is very friendly. I do not worry about his safety, because I know he is safe.

Kenwood K-8 Center 2

Posted June 07, 2014
I hate this school because my son got bullied by these kids that were really mean to my son. Also i don't even know how my son got bullied because he is a very nice kid. What really got me disappointed was that the teacher left the classroom. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted May 10, 2014
Great Teachers Best School in Miami. Great it has the best elementary school GO COUGARS

Kenwood K-8 Center 4

Posted October 09, 2013
The comments written in the most recent rating seem to be enveloped in a personal vendetta against the administration. It is unfortunate they have chosen this venue to air their malignant attitude. The comments are not only upsetting, but are erroneous as well. I am a parent at this school and have not experienced any of the dissatisfaction that has been posted. My child is receiving an excellent education at Kenwood. Furthermore, the teachers my child has had have been amazing! These teachers go above and beyond what is expected of them. They have always been professional and I have only had positive experiences with each and every one of them. Those teachers that are in constant turmoil should seek employment elsewhere so they do not contaminate the good that is going on here.

Posted September 05, 2013
Kenwood is truly an amazing place. In the face of limited budgets, increased competition from charter schools, and ever-evolving requirements for accountability, this school has maintained a tradition of excellence that bring distinction to its almost 90-year history. A powerful teaching staff, a dedicated and passionate administration, and an active parent community keep this school functioning at a very high level. I chose to have my children attend this school, and they have blossomed in high school as a result of their great experiences at Kenwood. There may be no such thing as the "perfect school," but Kenwood is certainly close!

Posted August 27, 2013
Kenwood is a great school, the teachers are super the installation are clean is a very well keep the admin staff are very professional and helpful Mrs. Moraima the principal is always around and also with time to hear the parents thanks my older daughter was graduate from here and she cry because she have to leave the school now my youngest is in third grade with Mrs. Leal and she is happy also Mrs Pedrique and Mrs. Rosenthal are super nice and very professional dedicated to the students

Kenwood K-8 Center
9300 Southwest 79th Avenue, Miami, FL  33156
Last modified Kenwood K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenwood K-8 Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 143 reviews. Top