Miami, FL

Posted April 16, 2015
As a parent of 2 students at Leewood, I couldn't be happier with the learning experience that my children are receiving. My top priority is my children and Leewood has exceeded all of my expectations for being a school that fosters a safe and caring educational experience. My children have excelled in school far more than I ever could have imagined. The excellence at this school starts with the administration. They are dedicated to making this school the very best that it can be! Thank you Mr. Christie and Mrs Rivas! --The Lopez Family

Posted April 12, 2015
I have been a parent at Leewood for a DECADE, having had one son (now in 10th grade) excel & now a 2nd grader. This is a great school led by an elite admin team whose primary concern is: The education of your child, the safety & well being of your child & the safety & well being of the school & teachers. I have seen PARENTS come & go over the years & it's those negative hard-to-please types that you see leaving negative comments on this page. I consider myself a "difficult" parent who verbalizes concerns. However, the principal (Mr Christie) & the Asst Principal (Mrs Rivas) have NEVER failed to address those concerns. They respect my children & have their best interest at heart. At the end of the day, my kids learn from great teachers led by a tough-as-nails administration & are cared for in a SAFE, HEALTHY, beautiful environment. What more can a parent ask for? If you ask ME, any parent who makes slanderous comments about Leewood is simply cruel. Some of the comments I've read here are inappropriate & simply untrue. As I mentioned, I have been a parent for 10 years. I have high standards for educational excellence & Leewood continues to meet & exceed those standards. -PRIETO

Leewood K-8 Center 1

Posted September 22, 2014
I also find it really amusing that they delete all the negative comments off the website. I also posted a review about 3 weeks ago and come to find it's no longer there. That really comes to show what kind of school you are dealing with...
8 people found this helpful

Leewood K-8 Center 1

Posted September 20, 2014
I love love love how the negative comments towards the school are removed hahaha they don't want anyone to know how bad it is
6 people found this helpful

Leewood K-8 Center 4

Posted September 17, 2014
I am very happy your experience with Mrs. Boyd was he great, that's the way it should be. However, my experience with her was not and I would not wish it upon anyone. Children should be inspired and encouraged, not criticized and humiliated. You speak based on your experience and opinion, much the same as I did. However, my review was removed. I did not use any profanity at all. I was simply honest in my reviews to warn other parents, as no child should endure what my child did. There is freedom of speech in this country and I exercised my right . My opinion and experience should be acknowledged and treated with validity. Afterall, does my child not matter?? Apparently so! I guess a review is supported as long as it makes the school and teachers look good, regardless of what the truth may be. I stand behind my opinion!
8 people found this helpful

Posted September 16, 2014
Contrary to the former post, Mrs. Boyd is an excellent teacher. She constantly challenges her students, while also providing support and understanding. We as parents need to realize that a good teacher does not necessarily provide us or our children with what we WANT, but rather what they NEED in order to be successful. Leewood is an excellent school with amazing teachers and administrators!

Posted September 16, 2014
Leewood K-8 Center is in exceptional school which consists of the most dedicated teachers and administration that I have ever seen. They are constantly monitoring students progress and school. This is a great school that has the greatest PTSA I have ever seen. I also know that Ms. Boyd is a FANTASTIC teacher who goes above and beyond the call of duty.

Posted August 25, 2014
It certainly seems that some of the comments here are not about Leewood K-8 Center. My daughter has been at Leewood for the past two years. The teachers are exceptional and the office staff is always willing to help. The principal and assistant principal really make this school feel like a private school. They go above and beyond for each and every student on a daily basis. I see them greeting students each morning and it just starts the day. The PTA is also amazing. They are constantly doing things for the school that go above and beyond.
2 people found this helpful

Leewood K-8 Center 3

Posted August 22, 2014
I am a new to this school and my daughter is in vpk. I have had a great experience with her teacher but the office staff should really shape up their attitude because the set a bad tone. Many may not agree with me but I am speaking for myself. I understand the first days are hectic. We are all busy and have a lot of work. I guess it costs money to lift your head and greet someone when they walk in or smile. I actually heard one of the staff talk in a nasty tone to a little boy who's parent had not submitted their latest vaccines. She told him" sit down you are not even suppose to be here" in the nastiest whisper. As if he was contaminated with some kind of widespread disease. That's not to mention the 3 incidents I had with the main secretary. It's as is she had it out for me because I missed one paper for enrollment. Did not lift her head to tell me it would be a long wait. She made it difficult to get a free shirt voucher, and to top it off she did not enter my child in the lunch system for free lunch and tried to cover it up as if I made a mistake. When I spoke to the principal he pretty much tried to sugar coat their mistakes and was not genuinely sorry. Her teacher is great!

Leewood K-8 Center 3

Posted August 20, 2014
I do agree with a lot of statements that are said here about certain staff and most of all of the AP, that apparently goes to work in a bad mood and a very bad attitude. If you are not on her favorite parent/student list then she wont talk to you in a very nice way. She should not be working with children, she should have picked a different career. A lot of issues need to be addressed and taken care of from the Principal. Hopefully things will change for the best for all students that attend this school.

Leewood K-8 Center
10343 Southwest 124th Street, Miami, FL  33176
Last modified Leewood K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leewood K-8 Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top