813 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted February 03, 2016
This is an excellent school. After moving to another school district, I realized the quality of education and resources of this school. The kids are very well prepared for the state test, and the amount of work is exactly what they need to learn to excel in any test and any school. I am very grateful to the principal for enforcing a quality education, and providing the tools to excel. My son graduated from Elementary and has been an honor student in middle school thanks to Leewood strong academics.

Posted November 24, 2015
My child actually had a horrible experience at this school. After observing a change his behavior at home and his lack of interest in school. We knew something is not right, so we decided to switch his school. After the change he confided into me that his teacher and classmates would call him "slow." I am shocked to think his teacher would allow this in her classroom. Just because he could not work as fast as the other kids. At meetings with his teacher she would tell me he is lazy and lacks focus. Now since the switching schools he is excited about learning and is happy about school. His behavior at home has changed. His current teacher has told he is motivated, participating, and far from lazy. It pains me to think what could have happened my child's emotional well being if I would have kept him at Leewood.

Leewood K-8 Center
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 24, 2015
If you are strongly academically you will not have a problem. The problem starts if you have any type of disabilities. The school main focus is to stay an A+ school and for those that have challenges they will make it an effort to dismiss them. Is such a shame because parents have to go to other schools since the public home school does not cater to all children. I believe that teachers need more training with special needs children since we have a small population in this area and to avoid parents the hassle of inexperience teachers. This school can be an amazing school. Again I had smart children that didn't have any problems academically so the experience was great. The middle school needs more qualify teachers and more variety of classes. You are stuck with the same teachers for 3 years. They need more teachers per school grades. Only a small building is dedicated to the middle school.

Posted April 25, 2015
I HAVE TWO CHILDREN THAT ATTEND SCHOOL AT LEEWOOD AND THIS SCHOOL IS MAGNIFICENT. LET ME HONESTLY TELL YOU THIS SCHOOL HAS GONE BEYOND GREAT EXPECTATIONS FOR ME. IT HAS AN OUTSTANDING STAFF THAT WILL ALWAYS GREET YOU WITH A SMILE TO AMAZING TEACHERS THAT WILL EDUCATE WITH PATIENCE, RESPECT, AND TEACH YOUR CHILDREN WITH MAXIMUM EFFORT. THEY HAVE BEEN AN "A" SCHOOL FOR 15 YEARS IN A ROW AND THAT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. GREAT JOB TO MR.CHRISTIE AND MS.RIVAS. THE EBANKS

Posted April 16, 2015
As a parent of 2 students at Leewood, I couldn't be happier with the learning experience that my children are receiving. My top priority is my children and Leewood has exceeded all of my expectations for being a school that fosters a safe and caring educational experience. My children have excelled in school far more than I ever could have imagined. The excellence at this school starts with the administration. They are dedicated to making this school the very best that it can be! Thank you Mr. Christie and Mrs Rivas! --The Lopez Family

Posted April 12, 2015
I have been a parent at Leewood for a DECADE, having had one son (now in 10th grade) excel & now a 2nd grader. This is a great school led by an elite admin team whose primary concern is: The education of your child, the safety & well being of your child & the safety & well being of the school & teachers. I have seen PARENTS come & go over the years & it's those negative hard-to-please types that you see leaving negative comments on this page. I consider myself a "difficult" parent who verbalizes concerns. However, the principal (Mr Christie) & the Asst Principal (Mrs Rivas) have NEVER failed to address those concerns. They respect my children & have their best interest at heart. At the end of the day, my kids learn from great teachers led by a tough-as-nails administration & are cared for in a SAFE, HEALTHY, beautiful environment. What more can a parent ask for? If you ask ME, any parent who makes slanderous comments about Leewood is simply cruel. Some of the comments I've read here are inappropriate & simply untrue. As I mentioned, I have been a parent for 10 years. I have high standards for educational excellence & Leewood continues to meet & exceed those standards. -PRIETO

Posted September 22, 2014
I also find it really amusing that they delete all the negative comments off the website. I also posted a review about 3 weeks ago and come to find it's no longer there. That really comes to show what kind of school you are dealing with...

Posted September 20, 2014
I love love love how the negative comments towards the school are removed hahaha they don't want anyone to know how bad it is

Leewood K-8 Center 4

Posted September 17, 2014
I am very happy your experience with Mrs. Boyd was he great, that's the way it should be. However, my experience with her was not and I would not wish it upon anyone. Children should be inspired and encouraged, not criticized and humiliated. You speak based on your experience and opinion, much the same as I did. However, my review was removed. I did not use any profanity at all. I was simply honest in my reviews to warn other parents, as no child should endure what my child did. There is freedom of speech in this country and I exercised my right . My opinion and experience should be acknowledged and treated with validity. Afterall, does my child not matter?? Apparently so! I guess a review is supported as long as it makes the school and teachers look good, regardless of what the truth may be. I stand behind my opinion!

Posted September 16, 2014
Contrary to the former post, Mrs. Boyd is an excellent teacher. She constantly challenges her students, while also providing support and understanding. We as parents need to realize that a good teacher does not necessarily provide us or our children with what we WANT, but rather what they NEED in order to be successful. Leewood is an excellent school with amazing teachers and administrators!

Leewood K-8 Center
10343 Southwest 124th Street, Miami, FL  33176
Last modified Leewood K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.