1,082 students|Dade

Bad
Good

The educational program at the school seems to be terribly outdated, the office staff is unfriendly and clueless about what is going on in the school. My children are only learning what we teach them at home and I cannot wait until the school year is over to transfer them.

Great teachers, experience, students, cafeterias, education, and principal! Keep it up Dadeschools & Miami Heights Elementary!

My 2 sons went to this school for Kindergarten and Pre-K. What a horrible experience to see the beyond dirty cafeteria floors and classrooms. It's to be expected the kids would get sick in this environment. My older son skipped by (barely) with a teacher who couldn't control the classroom and my younger son who is autistic was completely neglected and ignored. Being autistic is difficult enough and sending him to a program that is "specialized" for these kind of kids should be comforting but it was torture to know that my son would come home starving and with a dirty diaper. EVERY picture taken at that school is showing my son with a dirty face. I would NEVER recommend this school. All complaints and not very much was good.

Mis dos hijos fueron a esta escuela y nunca tuve problemas la escuela es buena y los maestro tambien todo depende de la preocupacion de los padres y del estudiante ,tengo muy lindos y gratos recuerdos los maestros de experiencia la gran parte de ellos tienen muchos a os en la escuela a todos gracias.

This school was a great school back in the 80's & 90's. My personal opinion is if ur child will b there for Kinder & 1st grade is ok, after that, b prepared to deal with more than u bargained for. NOT a A school. U will b teaching ur child more than they learn in class. No good afterschool program, they DO NOT teach or help w/homework. I'm going to remove my child from this school. She'll b better off at another.

My 4 year old daughter, who was supposed to start her first day of Pre-K today, walked out of the classroom this morning and the TWO teachers that are assigned to that class had no idea where she was or what had happened. Needless to say, I have signed my child out of that school and will be sending her to a private preschool. What got me heated to a boiling point was the lack of concern on their part, they had no clue of what was happening and acted as if I was over reacting. I'm sure they would OVER REACT if their child had disappeared and the people that were entrusted to care for her had no idea where she was too. The principal is about as clueless as the teachers, showed no concern at all, the only thing he could tell us was that there is only 1 security guard, who was chatting with some other guys instead of watching the hallways, etc. I am just disgusted with the entire school, they are a disgrace.......

My child has been there 1 year, and really i just don't see the learning! everything my child knows is because her parents teaches her, the teachers are lazy, there are no extra-curricular activities. i would like to join the PTA but for some reason i have no motivevation! And the new principle has NO idea!!! can't wait to get my child from there.

I attended this school from 3rd to 5th grade, i completed 5th grade in 2004. I left that school completely unprepared academically for the magnet middle school i attended [Ammons]. I had excellent grades in their Gifted program, and i recall never doing any work in that school. I would relax for hours, which is probably the cause for my poor math abilities now that i am a Senior at Coral Reef. I also never felt right in that school. Very negative impression on me as a child. I hated this elementary school and would never send a child to it. Even after all these years, it haunts me.

my daughter is in this school since 3rd grade she is now in gifted and got every question on the science fcat correct this school is a very good school and the teachers are extremely nice

My child has been in the School since PRE-K. Back then, it was great. He is now in the second grade. All I can say, if you have a child with special needs, this is not the right school. The ESE teacher is excellent, but the administration including the Principal, lack exprience, and they do not back up their teachers.

Last modified Miami Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.