Posted July 29, 2014
Mcmcs is a great school with the most wonderful caring teachers. I could not ask for a better school if there is an issue that your child is having it is addressed to help them succeed and do better the teachers are amazing.My children have learned to love school because of this school the only bad thing about this school is it stops at 5 th grade.

Miami Children's Museum Charter School 4

Posted July 25, 2014
MCMCS is a good school, my kids have made great friends and have great memories of their time @ the school. The biggest problem is that it is overcrowded and that seems to be a problem that has no solution. I wish the principal would address that issue and communicate better with the parents.

Posted July 24, 2014
This school year was amazing for my son and I. This is the first time that my son attends a charter school. It was the best decision that i made. He love the school and the teachers. The teachers are really good and always are there to help the students and the parents.

Miami Children's Museum Charter School 4

Posted July 21, 2014
My son attended 3rd. at MCMCS last year; it was wonderful coming from a K-8 school. Teachers were very professional and innovative on how they teach. They care so much about the kids, treat them like their own. It is a very safe school. I recommeded that school to a couple friends and family. There is always room for improvement in any work of life.

Posted July 21, 2014
I strongly disagree with the last three reviews. I am a teacher at the Miami Children's Museum Charter School and I feel that our principal provides us with amazing leadership and support. She always tells us that her job is to facilitate our job and to provide us with everything and anything we need to be successful in our classrooms. She conducts frequent walk throughs and monitors important aspects of our schedules such as RTI/ Intervention time, centers and differentiated instruction in Math. Our school increased over 120 points this year and we are an A school! Schools do not achieve this type of success with poor and absent leadership. The office staff always tries to be as helpful as possible in answering parent questions or concerns. They also put out a monthly calendar to keep parents informed of upcoming events and volunteer opportunities. I feel that our school is like a family where we truly care for one another. I am proud to be part of this team!

Posted July 21, 2014
We have been apart of MCMCS for 6 years, it has been wonderful experience all around. The education and sense of community are great! The entire staff is supportive to all our needs. We are VERY happy and would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted June 06, 2014
Parents and teachers make this school the good school it is. Lack of leadership is evident. Principal rarely seen. Teachers overwhelmed by crowded classes. Recess, time in the museum get cancelled often. Also Spanish which is now the only alternative language being taught. Nobody knows why French was canceled. We started the year being told that the school was working towards IB certification. . Still don't know what happened with that, where we are at. Only 3 parent meetings this year. Poorly run and with useless information. A PTA would certainly make all the difference.

Posted June 05, 2014
This school could be amazing but due to the poor leadership, it fails to deliver the academics and organization it needs to thrive. Text books did not arrive until the 3rd or 4th week of the 2013-2014 school year and the principal chose not to order all of the needed books so the work came from overhead projectors and papers copied from books. I have never seen social studies or science homework nor have I seen 1 graded paper in these subjects. I know he takes these classes because I see the grades. The saving graces are all of the teachers my child has had are amazing. They care about the students, the communication has been fantastic and they are good teachers if they were just provided with the resources and leadway to teach. Their frustration with the school leadership is evident by several of the really great teachers leaving in frustration. The parents and students are wonderful. It's like a family because the school is small and the parent involvment is high. Most of us know each other, on some level. There is refreshing diversity of culture with a great global diversity. I find the education is on par with like schools but it could be much better.

Posted April 22, 2014
Overcrowded, therefore not enough one on one attention. I think they pack them in for the money.

Posted December 02, 2013
There is a sense of family that is undeniable. You feel your children are in a safe and happy environment. Teachers and staff care for each student individually. They help him/her succeed academically as well as emotionally. The students well being is their number one priority. If you want to pick up a happy child at dismissal send him/her to this school. Good luck :))

Miami Children's Museum Charter School
980 MacArthur Causeway, Miami, FL  33132
Last modified Miami Children's Museum Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miami Children's Museum Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top