1-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son has been attending Sunset Prep for three years, grade 3 -5. During this time, he has blossomed both academically and socially. The instruction is individualized and the focus is on creating independent learners. Class sizes are small and teachers create nurturing environments where children can grow confident and feel successful. Instead of obsessing over standardized tests, they actually teach their students the basics skills necessary to create a foundation to master more challenging curriculum. The school and its staff has been a blessing to our family.

Enrolling our child at Sunset Prep is the best thing we have done for his education. The school has an 'old school' approach to learning, where they actually teach kids (versus teaching kids to memorize for standardized test). The small class room sizes and extremely attentive teachers/staff are an amazing combination for learning. Our son has made huge strides and we could not be happier.

This is my son's first year at Sunset Prep and the change between his previous school and this one is like night & day. He has become more independent in doing his HW and for the 1st time wants to get good grades in school! He had lost interest in learning or wanting to do good and now he looks forward to going to class. The curriculum is the same as the other school but his understands it. He has a great teacher. The staff are all friendly. I can only pray that it continues like this.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My son is autistic but high functional and the teachers know exactly how to help him with his learning differences. He is happy and is loving to go to school and learn

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son's teachers are great, they know how to work with him. He is high functional Asperger's syndrome. We interviewed so many schools and are glad we registered him at Sunset.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

They send decent amount of homework's. Not too much for the student but just enough to be able to review what they did in class

This is my son's second year at Sunset Prep and I am happy with his progress. Being that they have small teacher-student ratios, my son has been able to learn more and not be pressured and rushed like he was in the public school system. Unfortunately, the public school setting was not for my son and I am glad that Sunset Prep believes in small classrooms and have a curriculum appropriate for my sons learning needs.

My son started attending Sunset Preparatory School this year. I can honestly say his experience has been spectacular. Mr. Schecter is an amazing principal along with his administrators and teachers. They run an excellent school that is dedicated to the needs of all learners. I am very happy to have found this wonderful school. I truly thank them for all the hard work and dedication they give their students.

We are a family from Venezuela that moved to Miami in 2010. Our youngest son, Santiago Riera, had little knowledge of English, so he entered the ESOL program at a public school. However, the next year, we had the good fortune that he was accepted at Sunset Prep School (SPS). It truly was a blessing. At SPS besides the outstanding teaching methods and the great progress we noticed in Santiago, they made us all feel like we were also part of the school - a part of a big family. They have a very personalized and hands-on approach that benefits kids with all types of learning speeds and preferences. They are very professional and provide great treatment to every single student. This made an enormous difference in Santiago's academic and personal life. He is now going off to the 10th Grade and SPS only offers classes until the 9th grade. This means that unfortunately he won't be going to SPS anymore. Nevertheless, this school and every single one of its members will always remain in our hearts. They are an outstanding academic institution, one we absolutely recommend to any parent looking to enroll their kid in one of the best schools South Miami has to offer.

Ever since my child started going to Sunset Prep his attitude about going to school has changed in a positive way. I can't say enough about the teachers and the attention they give to their students. They actually teach them. They do not prep them for testing, which is all the public schools are concerned with now a days. It's been a very positive experience for our family.

Last modified Sunset Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8