Miami, FL

Posted May 21, 2015
My son started attending Sunset Preparatory School this year. I can honestly say his experience has been spectacular. Mr. Schecter is an amazing principal along with his administrators and teachers. They run an excellent school that is dedicated to the needs of all learners. I am very happy to have found this wonderful school. I truly thank them for all the hard work and dedication they give their students.

Posted May 19, 2015
We are a family from Venezuela that moved to Miami in 2010. Our youngest son, Santiago Riera, had little knowledge of English, so he entered the ESOL program at a public school. However, the next year, we had the good fortune that he was accepted at Sunset Prep School (SPS). It truly was a blessing. At SPS besides the outstanding teaching methods and the great progress we noticed in Santiago, they made us all feel like we were also part of the school - a part of a big family. They have a very personalized and hands-on approach that benefits kids with all types of learning speeds and preferences. They are very professional and provide great treatment to every single student. This made an enormous difference in Santiago's academic and personal life. He is now going off to the 10th Grade and SPS only offers classes until the 9th grade. This means that unfortunately he won't be going to SPS anymore. Nevertheless, this school and every single one of its members will always remain in our hearts. They are an outstanding academic institution, one we absolutely recommend to any parent looking to enroll their kid in one of the best schools South Miami has to offer.

Sunset Preparatory School 4

Posted May 18, 2015
Ever since my child started going to Sunset Prep his attitude about going to school has changed in a positive way. I can't say enough about the teachers and the attention they give to their students. They actually teach them. They do not prep them for testing, which is all the public schools are concerned with now a days. It's been a very positive experience for our family.

Sunset Preparatory School 4

Posted May 18, 2015
The faculty and staff made our son's transition to a new school a successful experience. I have seen such growth in him this year. He has matured & become more independent. I have seen vast improvement in his literacy skills. He's now reading age appropriate chapter books & has even begun collecting his favorite series. He has taken ownership of his learning (paying for his Friday pizza, preparing his swim bag, starting and completing his homework independently...) . He has made some great lifelong friends. As a veteran teacher of the public school system with over 20 years experience, I am so appreciative of a school that sees my son as the great kid that I know him to be rather than data to be stored & analyzed.

Posted March 17, 2015
Sunset Preparatory School was truly the beginning of my Son's education. He attended public school where classes were overcrowded and there was no individual teaching and training which he desperately needed. After years and number of meetings with teachers and staff, it became clear to me that he needed to attend a school where classes were smaller, could receive individual attention, raise his self-esteem and get the right education so he can become the young man he is today, bright, confident, socially involved and academically bound. As I said this was the best decision I ever made, to register him at Sunset Preparatory School 5 years ago. The Principal, Teachers and Staff are totally dedicated to the success of every child and they teach discipline, structure and a sense of belonging. The small classes give the students the opportunity to focus on their needs which makes all the difference in the world. I am very thankful to Sunset Preparatory School for the opportunity it has given to my Son who has excelled in every sense of the word and is now ready to meet the challenges in High School and College. Sincerely, Julio Llanes (proud and grateful parent)

Posted March 17, 2015
My son use to attend our neighborhood Public School and his grades were down to the lack of attention my son would receive by the teachers due to overcrowded classes. I got very involved in the school and requested testing for my son and realized he needed a one on one type of educational environment. His school recommended us to Sunset Preparatory School. When we arrived at Sunset Prep they greeted us with open arms. The Principal and Staff have been a blessing to my son and family. His self-esteem and grades have risen tremendously and he is now honored to be considered as a role model for Sunset Prep for incoming students. As a single parent, it has been a great relief knowing Sunset Prep has helped him with the afternoon Homework Club and having the teachers assist where needed. I truly recommend this school to any parents having difficulties with your child excelling in Public Schools. With Sunset Prep's academic planning, they have now prepared my son for High School which he is confident he will now exceed. Thank you Sunset Prep! -Flori Llanes

Posted December 20, 2014
I am a parent of two graduates of this wonderful institution. Both of my children excelled in their academics as well as socially thank you in part to all the wonderful teachers and the administration. The teachers in this school are wonderful and take the time to help each and every student. I will truly recommend this school. My children have succeeded because of the wonderful foundation that was given to them at this school. My daughter is a college graduate and my son is a Junior at Belen Jesuit Prep. I still consider myself as well as my family as part of this school. Remember education is the best gift that you can give to your children.

Posted September 24, 2014
Going to sunset prep was a game changer for me as a kid! As a dyslexic school was always the worst place for me to have to be! Sunset prep was the first school that I felt normal in. We had small classes and the teachers taught the person on an individual level and not the students as a whole. What I mean by that is I was in a class with other children and we were learning the same thing but we were not expected to all be on the same level. I was never singled out and for the first time I fit in! This is were I learned I DID NOT have a LEARNING DISABILITY but I ACTUALLY HAD a LEARNING ABILITY!!!! I was allowed to express myself and take it from me I had a big mouth and was not scared to use it. I was always talked to about what I was feeling and was taught how to express myself without running my big mouth. My teachers were very personable and compassionate; they new me the PERSON and never looked at me as just one of the students. I am still friend with some of my old classmate and because we went to this school we have become Very successful adults! I went to Sunset Prep over 30 years ago and it is still one of my favorite place to visit! Iliana Alonso-Titone

Posted September 09, 2014
My grandson started at Sunset Preparatory last year in 6th grade. It has been an incredible positive journey. We have seen him grow academically as well as socially. The school has a well rounded curriculum, there are well established channels of communication with faculty as well as with the and administration. The atmosphere is very positive, the teachers are great and the school offers activities throughout the year that enhance the learning experience. What else can you say when your child is so eager and happy to go to school everyday and comes home happy and motivated? His academic progress has been great and we are looking forward to another year in this great school.

Posted August 19, 2014
I remember meeting Mr Schechter for the first time back in 2007. Our daughter was only 3 years old. My wife and I wanted to find a school that would prepare her for a future, not only academically but also one that cares for others and keeping with family values. SPS has become a part of our life/family. The care and dedication that the staff and the Schechter family has given our daughter in the past 6 years has been outstanding. Not only had she grown academically, she has become a caring loving wonderful young girl. I write this words from my heart and soul. My wife and I are so happy and greatful with SPS! On a scale of 1 to 5, SPS is a 10! We only wish and pray, that the Schechter family would decide to continue providing excellent education thru High School ;) Sincerely, The Rodriguez Family!

Sunset Preparatory School
11925 Southwest 72nd Street, Miami, FL  33183
Last modified Sunset Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8
Sunset Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top