Miami, FL

Posted September 26, 2013
My daugther is 6 years old! She is on first grade and her teacher helps me a lot with my little one's behavior improvement. I am very happy! Their spelling words program is very helpfull !!!

Posted September 26, 2013
My son attended Ojus from K to 5th grade and now is in a Magnet program with success. My daughter still in Ojus and is very satisfied. I really like the decision of maintain the school locked with no access to anybody without report to main office. I feel that my kids are safer then before.

Posted June 10, 2013
My daughter is now going to 5th grade and my son to second grade..overall this is an excellent school if parents were involved then they would understand the outcome AND the reason they put extreme focus on FCAT. They always have other fun activities for the kids and for parents to get involved!! So this is school is excellent because they make education fun and worthwhile!!

Posted June 02, 2013
please sent me some work to reading and math to work with my kid for the summer. he will be on the 3nd grade.

Posted June 01, 2013
please sent me some work to reading and math to work with my kid for the summer. he will be on the 2nd grade.

Ojus Elementary School 3

Posted March 16, 2013
Ok, i have been at this school for four years and I can say this is a decent school. I graduated 3 years ago (i know a long time ago), but decided to write a review. The teaching staff was pretty friendly for the time i was there, however i found some teachers to be very annoying, un-inspiring and un-motivational, such as the PE coach. The ESOL program did actually teach me something, for the year I was in it. The school, behavior wise, wasnt bad, i rarely saw fight over the four uears i was there, however it was the education that gave me a bad opinion. The budget was REALLY tight. Teachers always nagged about FCAT, all the "learning" was in the form of worksheets. Overall, the staff is very kind and like-able, ojus is really a school you will probably remember even when you are an adult, it is a school with good memories, but educaton-wise, not really.

Ojus Elementary School 2

Posted November 08, 2012
I have to agree with the February 12th review. This school only focus on ttest scores so much that they teach very little to the children. They place a lot of pressure also on the kids and have taken a lot of their activities away so they can maintain their "A" status. A major complaint that I hear from many parents is that the majority of the staff starting from the administration down to the teachers are very rude to the children and scream at them on a constant basis. They act like they do not like their jobs and when parents complain they get nowhere with them, they don't follow up on anything.

Ojus Elementary School 2

Posted February 08, 2012
The teachers and staff are friendly and helpful overall, but there are distinct problems in regards to the quality and monitoring of the teaching staff. My child's 1st grade teacher is not a native speaker of English (I know this is Miami, OK be realistic) but when I see 4 spelling and grammatical errors on my child's REPORT CARD...I am horrified. This person is teaching my child grammar and doesn t understand it herself! WOW! These are mistakes that exhibit a fundamental lack of understanding of grammar that no elementary teacher should make (and this person makes them all the time). The report card is now an official part of my child s record, and no one else in the school noticed it! Their budget is tight, so the children basically stay in their homeroom all day, every day. No art, no music, etc. All work is in the form of standardized worksheets. The focus of the curriculum is upon getting a good grade on the Florida state tests, so the kids learn very little, except how to excel on these tests. Beware! A GS rating of 7 in S. Florida may be comparable to a 2 or 3 in other parts of the country. We moved to this district because of it, and now will move to get away from it.

Ojus Elementary School

Posted September 21, 2010
the teachers are so helpful and really care about each student, the resourses the school has is amazing and everyone is very helpful

Posted September 02, 2010
I Was so Happy with this School, my son Was attending just for 1 year. because we moving.but i'am so happy. His teacher in 3th grade was Ms. Hirsch. She is wonderfull teacher and person and all the kids love her.my son have succeed and have reached the stars I would recommend this school and all I can say I would highly recommends the teacher Ms.Hirsch.for any student. Thank you Ms:Hirsch.Brian Ladron de Guevara. Mom

Ojus Elementary School
18600 West Dixie Highway, Miami, FL  33180
Last modified Ojus Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ojus Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top