Posted May 29, 2014
This school is a true gem, in the midst of the inner city. My child has never been happier. The teachers and the administration are dedicated and caring. The children are respectful, they actually hold the doorsand say please and thank you I am happy that my child is getting a high quaity education.

Posted July 20, 2013
People that have written mean spirited things are people that are upset with life in general & have to find a way to absolve themselves for their own shortcomings & failures. La Prog is a great school & each & every year it gets better. The administration & the teachers are excellent, & btw to those ignorant parents all of the teachers there TRUE professionals. Throughout the past 6 years things have changed dramatically; all changes have been made with the children's best interest. Also, many teachers have been let go, but amazing ones have taken their place. If you are that disgruntled employee, then maybe you should have done a better job! Again, La Prog makes gigantic strides in trying to teach & reach every child, but parents need to be committed to their child's education too. As a mom, I chose this school because the public school was failing, this school has ignited my child's desire to learn but most of all to succeed academically.The principal knows every child by name & more than that she knows how they perform academically.She always has helpful suggestions for both parents & students. Her love & passion for the achievement of all children is seen daily.Great job!

Posted April 20, 2012
I recently put my kids in this school and they have never been happier. For many years they attended a high end Catholic School and I was afraid they wouldn't fit in right away and I was wrong. Every single person I have dealt with in this school from the Principal, office staff, teachers, to the lady who cleans is AMAZING !!!! I am very happy and would recommend it to anyone.

La Progresiva Presbyterian School 4

Posted August 20, 2010
My brother and I currently attend this school and we are very happy. I was happy that our coach implemented a basketball team in our school because we did not have enough students to join a team. He made sure that the ones who wanted to play basketball got a chance to play. Our coach also helped us win the volleyball championship! We can all see the positive changes coming!

Posted August 20, 2010
My child was a student at this school. I was always very happy there and was very sad that I had to move away. La Progresiva was like a big family. The teachers are very caring and loving towards the students. Ms. Manganelly was my sons kindergarten teacher and my son learned so much! He is able to read and write above his level! And even received a presidents award.

Posted August 20, 2010
As for the parent that is bitter with the school, I must disagree to the comment. My son was in the same grade as yours, I was also struggling financially. Unlike you the administration and teachers were willing to help me and my son at no extra cost. I believe that in order for children to succeed academically parents and school MUST work together. I could not be happier with my son's accomplishments and would not trade LA PROGRESIVA or its faculty and administration for any other school. Sometimes as parents we have to take responsibilities for our children and not play the blaming game.

Posted August 20, 2010
As a parent I must say I am very happy with the school. The people in the office go above and beyond to help those in need. I was having problems with the scholarship and they went out of their way to help me.

Posted July 20, 2010
Part 2: As for the comment of the student graduating in 2006, things have changed, the teachers are not the same, but the administration is. I would never put my child in this school again, as they do not learn anything. I would not even put my child here if they gave it to me for free; I would rather put my child in a public school or home school them. The teachers that stay here probably do so because it is a last resort for them, or because they are not qualified to teach in this country. As for a counselor, the person in charge of this is not qualified either, heaven forbid she speaks to a student and they end up hurting his/herself or another person. The office staff is also incompetent, you call and leave a message and never get a call back. You have to call and call and hope you can speak to the person you are trying to reach. Even further, I don t even think the whole administration is even qualified or certified with proper credentials to run a school.

Posted July 20, 2010
Part 1: This is a pathetic excuse for a school. This should not even be considered a last resort of a school for your child to attend. The teachers speak Spanish, for the exception of maybe 2 or 3, in the middle and high school. The same is probably true in the lower levels (K 5). The kids have no activities or electives. The size of the school should not matter, as this was the same school, which had its glory days in the 1980 s and 1990 s with the same building size. I know this because previous family members graduated in these years, where activities included: football, baseball, cheerleading, softball, volleyball, cross-country, tennis and clubs. The constant variable is the administration; I think they do not want to give the students extra activities because they would have to pay for more employees and insurance.

Posted July 03, 2010
To whom it may concern let me tell you that this school is the wortst i have ever seen. ACADEMIC the worst, from like the 1950's or something.. The kids there do not learn nothing, The ladies they have in the office they are not qualified to work with kids,or deal with parents,the sad part is that they call themselves christians, a real christian help parents help studens. my child has been in this school since kinder he just graduat from 8 grade, i had a real bad year i was not able to pay tutorin, La Progresiva decided to withdrawl my son because he didn't have the GPA he needed. Progresiva doesn't believe in 2nd chances. & they call them selves Christians.

La Progresiva Presbyterian School
2480 Northwest 7th Street, Miami, FL  33125
Last modified La Progresiva Presbyterian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
La Progresiva Presbyterian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top