No rating

Town Center Preschool

Private | PK-2

Living in Miami

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $138,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,340.

Posted June 26, 2014

The following incident caused me to withdraw my son from this facility. Every Wednesday they go on field trips. Throughout the week, we pump him up at home by showing him videos of the locations and explaining that if he behaves well, he can go. Upon picking him up after paying for a Miami Seaquarium field trip, my son had watery eyes saying they didn't let him go. I asked the owner why and she said because he misbehaved last field trip. I expressed that no one notified me or his father the day of the bad behavior or the other days before the trip. How can I reprimand my son if they don't communicate with parents? Later a very rude secretary insulted my intelligence by stating she called and left a voicemail but I never had missed calls and my voicemail isn't activated. She said the reason my son couldn't go was because he hit someone and left a bump on her head. You would think a facility would inform both parents. I asked to see an incident report and to at least apologize to the other parents and she said she couldn't provide that information. Both stories as to why he couldn't go don't match. Not a note or a call. Communication is imperative when our children are involved.

Posted May 2, 2014

Town Center is a great school. My daughter's class is small, her teacher is very professional and she is always available when I need to speak to her. The office staff is wonderful, friendly, and very helpful. I recommend this school to everyone.

Posted April 26, 2014

After reading the recent negative posts I feel compelled to respond. I am a parent of three children who attend. First of all, they have 5 stars because they earned them. They are scored on several areas including safety and performance. Meals are healthy, classrooms are well organized and cleaned daily. I am witness to the quality of care provided because I often surprise visit at different times of the day in between my work assignments. When I lost my job and had financial hardship the staff was flexible and worked with me without kicking my children out of the program. I was able to wait for my unemployment benefits to start while I looked for work and went to school. And you can say what you want about the Kindergarten teacher but she is one of a kind. She has excellent classroom management skills and she is not "screaming". She is passionate about teaching and her volume is simply a manifestation of that. My child is reading at above her grade level because of that same teacher. I am eternally grateful for the staff and their support. My children are developing amazingly there and they deserve all the credit. Come and see for yourself the truth.

Posted March 17, 2014

I have two children who have been attending this school since they were infants. The staff are always welcoming and very loving towards the children. Over the years, my kids have become attached to several of the teachers who have really gone above and beyond to make them feel loved. Overall, I have had a great experience with this school and would highly recommend this school to my friends and family.

Posted February 3, 2014

this School is a big joke the teachers will down talk to you when addressing an issue, theres a lack of privacy when it comes to your child's learning progress or paperwork like important documents , play ground is falling apart since 2 years ago and no changes has been made and its very dirty broken things like chairs and ride on toys specially for the toddlers ! the school is poorly run and with only 3 fluently bi-lingual teachers , the office staff is rude and I'm so thankful that my kids 2 in my case are no longer part of this school never any changes were made after several complaints to the school owners and director it was a big mess for me and my family

Posted February 3, 2014

the kindergarten teacher screams like if she's on a super bowl the school staff is rude they all seem lost when you ask them a question they won't give an accurate answer they are all always lost no one seem to care or know anything myself and several other parents share the same concerns and I personally have sat down at the office to express my concerns AND TO POINT OUT SEVERAL INCIDENTS and all they say we will take care the issue but they never fix anything in fact one of their teachers got caught pushing a child and she still works there this school is terrible to say the least I can't wait to the school year ends so that I can move forward with my priority and thats my kids education n this school doesn't seems to care for it nor their reputation !

Posted August 20, 2013

I love it!!..Teachers are great, office staff is great too, compare to my friend's kids from other schools my son is way more advance.This is his second year in the school and I am very happy.I have a daughter that just started VPK programm and so far I am very pleased you can always comunicate to the teachers about your kids you don't need an appointment or anything like that.Overall in my opinion this is a great school. ng that most schools don't have

Posted May 9, 2013

My children have been at Town Center for 4 years. In the beginning, the school met my needs and in fact I was quite happy.However, over the years the quality of the school has lowered substantially.The 2 Yr and 3 yrs class is always full of children more than it capacity with 20 kids to a teacher.The VPK program is poor.It was good once, teachers don t care.The office staff is good however the director will try to sell you the school at all times to show the school is the very best! They received a quality 5 stars this year, but it s because they cleaned and moved kids around including mine to show there is less kids to a class and they cleaned the whole school for inspection only.I've seen the food/snacks like milk gallons and cheese stay outside without refrigeration. They are money hungry as well as field trips are way too expensive! Communication is poor,they do not notify you till the day before or the day of. I ve seen new parents come in and the director would try to sell and make the school look PERFECT! Not the case. Really look at the small details.in every school there is PROS and CONS. The school is very family oriented, but over the years the quality is just poor.

Posted February 12, 2013

My son is in this school since Pre-K and is going to 3rd Grade, is a great school, great teachers, small ratio classes, and he is happy and teachers and staff care a lot for the kids, it's a small school so they know every kid by name.

Posted March 27, 2009

My son was in this school since the age of 1 and left when it was time for kinder. He was placed in gifted; thanks to the education they gave him here. If your big on learning, this is the place for you. I give this school an A+!

Posted May 29, 2007

This school was a great learning experience for my two daughters, who at present time continue to be high achievers. Staff is very involved with the parents and nuturing to the children. Teaching very effective. Very good school!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Fax number
  • (305) 385-9274

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

10201 Hammocks Boulevard