1,372 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Posted June 20, 2013
I used to attend this elementary, never mind how long ago, but I was always extremely satisfied by the teachers and the administration. They always cared about true education. If Dr. Cole ever reads this or one of her peers, please express a thank you to her! She was the definition of a great educator. One of many in that school. - graduate of the '97 :) - I truly could not understand a 2???? I guess my advise to any parent - GET INVOLVED!

Riverside Elementary Community School 1

Posted November 19, 2010
This school is so disorganized! This school's administration tells you one thing and does not get on the ball until yo call region office to get their cooperation. Parents, if you can move to another community, please do so. Unfortunately, I cannot move to a better neighborhood but this school is ridiculous! They teach students in both english and spanish and when you request that your child be taught in his primary language, they scoff at the fact that you don't speak spanish even if you yourself do not speak spanish fluently. Children do not come first in this school. It is Administrators, then teachers, then parents, then children. It goes against their whole teaching motto. What a joke! I cannot wait till I am able to leave with my son from this school!

Riverside Elementary Community School 4

Posted October 08, 2010
This is a very good school but they have to speack in English more in Parent meetings

Posted May 17, 2010
i had a great experience in riverside i would go back for anything. i really had a fun and educational time. yess there were some things i didnt like but at the same time. there is no school thats perfect !

Posted March 02, 2010
I don't know why there is a rating of 2 out of 10 because this school deserves a 10!!! My daughter is in the PreK class now and she is already reading at age 5. She is excelling in not only her spelling but also in math. They are being taught Math in PreK! Her teachers are all very attentive and extremely thorough in their work and letting us know what we as parents can do to contribute to our child's success. They are amazing and I am so proud that my daughter is attending this school!

Posted May 22, 2007
Riverside Elementary is like a factory for education. Everybody works hard and in synch with each other. morale is high. Teacher satisfaction seems high.

Riverside Elementary Community School 4

Posted September 01, 2005
I have had 3 children going through Riverside Elementary since 1996 and I have witnessed the improvement from an F school to a B one. After three principals the school is currently sponsored by the Miami Heat extracurricular program for kids...in just one year under the tenure of Sharon Lopez the school improved in their FCAT scores. There are not many extracurricular activities but through their music program we managed to have two of our daughter being accepted to a music magnet program in an A school, so in this regard, credit must be given to the teachers who recommend students for magnet programs knowing full well that better opportunities may be available to the children. Parental involvement is increasing, however is still too focused in fundraising activities rather than academic involvement since this school lies in a economic depressed area. Overall a good elementary school!

Riverside Elementary Community School 3

Posted November 10, 2004
Our 1st child attended Riverside 6 years prior to our 2nd. We were surprised to see how the quality of education diminished so rapidly. We can't say if it was just the school or all schools in general. After then moving back to NY and enrolling our 2nd child at a private Montessori school we noticed a dramatic improvement in reading, math and writing. Most important was the interest he applied in learning that he didn't seem to have at the Riverside school in Miami. We still can't say for sure if it was the quality of the education at one school vs. the other, or the learning environment.

Riverside Elementary Community School
1190 Southwest 2nd Street, Miami, FL  33130
Last modified Riverside Elementary Community School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.