Posted October 25, 2010
I have two of my kids there. It is an open minded school that primes for academic excellency always stimulating independent thinking. Kids are happy to study and proud to do well. Besides the strong academic curriculum it also has a wonderful sports program where everybody is incentived to participate. This contributes for great social integration of the kids. The arts program is fenomenal with plays and dance shows. There is something for everyone. You can experiment several areas and be prepared for your decisions in life. I could not ask for anything more from a school but it also has great college acceptance and the kids are in general more than well prepared. Ransom is the best thing Idid for my kids and I hope my youngest child goes there too.

Posted May 18, 2010
RE has been a great experience for my son. The school is both challenging and supportive in its rigorous academic expectations. He's looking forward to moving into the Upper School next year!

Posted November 12, 2009
Im not sure when the person who wrote that most students 'if not all of them, lack creativity' actually went to RE, but I am a currently a senior and i definitely disagree. At least half the grade participates in the visual arts program. The art history courses are considered to be some of the best in the school, and 4 levels of studio art, ceramics, film studies, photography, drama, chorus, and band are offered. There is also an arts league run by students and two student-run art publications. The library, visual arts gallery, and front office are always covered in student artwork.

Posted November 09, 2009
Sending our son here was the best thing we have done for him. This school ROCKS!!! The level of education he is receiving and the caring attitude of the staff is amazing. As for the reviews stating it is all about college, well it is a prep school! Miami has loads of private 'country club' schools which may suit a child who does not function well under stress. This school is fast paced and competitive, but we love it and will be continuing in the upper school.

Ransom Everglades School

Posted September 14, 2009
An excellent school with a wonderful faculty dedicated and committed to all of its amazing students. Ransom Everglades Middle School really tries to help meet the need of all of its financial aid students. My daughter loves the challenge and she feels extremely fortunate that she attends a school with a great tradition of honor and excellence!

Ransom Everglades School 3

Posted September 11, 2009
My daughter loves this school. But, there is a lot of pressure to be the best at whatever they do. I would prefer that the school be more supportive of the kids trying new things (acad./sports/theater) rather than relentlessly pushing them forward on a predetermined treadmill.

Posted September 09, 2009
Ransom is an awesome school. I love the people and never want it to stop. It is the best school I have ever seen in south Florida

Posted July 22, 2009
My three children have graduated from Ransom Everglades and earned an education superior to my New England private school education. The teachers are caring and the opportunities are plentiful from a wide range of sports to the arts to social service.

Ransom Everglades School 4

Posted November 03, 2008
I have just started at Ransom Everglades, and honestly it is extremely stressful and demanding, but rewarding and educational. I am having a wonderful time at RE, and the social enviorment is great. I'm glad to be a part of Ransom Everglades.

Posted October 30, 2008
I think that sending our son to Ransom has been one of the best decisions we have made. It is not for every child but has been greaat for our son. I have read some of the other reviews about the stress level and I firmly believe that you have a choice. As a family we have opted out of some of the craziness, we encourage our sone to participate in activities outside of the school arena. We feel that this balances him. We have set our expectations to good effort grades (and resulting B's and A's)and not an obsessive persuit of all A's. We insist all our kids have reasonable bedtimes because kids need sleep as well report cards

Ransom Everglades School
2045 S Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL  33133
Last modified Ransom Everglades School is a Private school that serves grades 6-8
Ransom Everglades School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top