PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted December 16, 2015
West Dade Academy is the best school I have ever been a part of. I have 4 daughters and they all love going to school there. The teachers are truly amazing. They are like family. The way they all care for my girls and look out for them is amazing. You can see how much the teachers love what they do and truly love each of the students. They really take the time to know each child individually and cater the teaching to their individual needs. I am so in love with this school! God has truly blessed me with being a part of this school. There is no other school I would put my girls in. They are advancing so much and they love to learn. I recommend this school to anyone and everyone I meet.

Posted December 15, 2015
I have three children who have been going to West Dade since their very beginnings. My son began at two and he was singing his ABC's and counting by the end of that year. He was successfully reading at 4 and has steadily improved over the years. I've seen and experienced teachers patience and compassion as they cater to your child's needs academically and emotionally. I'm proud to be a hornet MOM!

West Dade Academy 1

Posted December 07, 2015
Please, as a mother who is suffering very much now with her kids, do not place your kids in this school. My son was in this school since first grade and more and more kids were leaving every year until eventually he was the only 4th grader in the school. He had the same teacher for 3 years and more and more I could feel her irritability with my child. Every day I would go pick him up and he would complain and complain about him. I will never forget the day I went to get him and she was complaining that he couldn't do his worksheet. It was on telling time so he had to read the clocks and write the time. She lectured me for 10 minutes on how she had to erase his entire paper because he got them all wrong, which prompted him to begin crying out of frustration - and going on about how frustrated she is, etc., etc.,. All the while her baby (yes her kids attend the school and after school with her) screaming and crying in the background, the TV on full blast - it's no wonder he couldn't focus. I got home, I sat him down, I took 5 minutes to explain how to tell time on a clock, and then had him try the worksheet - he got them 100% correct. All of them. I wonder what would have happened if she had taken the time to do the same with him. That's when I knew I had to move him. My daughter is another case. I placed her there because her brother was there and what a mistake. She did Kinder there and now she is in first grade and it looks like she will have to repeat the grade. She doesn't know things like ABC's, doesn't know her numbers 1-9. I've cried about this beyond belief. She is getting tutoring from the school, private tutoring after school with a teacher at home, etc., all to catch up to what all of the public school kids know. It's so sad that my daughter is having to suffer through this. She's frustrated and even saying things like "I'm never going to College. I don't know anything". Imagine how that breaks my heart. Don't place your kids in this school. It's a nightmare. Please, don't do it.

Posted July 24, 2014
Ever since my children have been going to this school, I have seen such an improvement in their academics and behavior. I would strongly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted July 24, 2014
I have three children attending West Dade Academy. The teachers are not only caring but also very stringent with academics. They make academics a priority for the kids. The administration, Mrs. Santana and Mrs. Necuze, couldn't be more helpful. Everything is very organized and well planned. You can tell they have been doing this for a long time and doing it extremely well. I have been to many schools; public, private and charter, and never seen the level of organization they maintain. But not only that, I have never seen teachers that have the level of compassion and passion for their students. One day I was there and something was going on with a student, the teacher was kneeling by the student crying with her. Where do you find teachers with this level of compassion anymore? It is apparent how devoted these teachers & administrators are to the children and their work. They are truly at the top of their game. It is abundantly clear when you come to school to pick up your children and they don't want to leave.These people are family.

Posted July 24, 2014
The academics of this school are amazing. My children have advanced so much going to this school. The teachers not only make academics priority but they get to know your child as an individual so that they can customize the way they teach them. They love each child and it shows. From the administrators to the teachers you can be assured your child is getting the best education and care. My children cry when they leave school. I don't leave my children with anyone and I feel comfortable knowing my children are there safe, loved, and well taken care of.

Posted July 24, 2014
I am a father of 4 beautiful baby girls. To tell you that I was scared to leave my girls at any school is an understatement. My daughters love their teachers, more importantly, the teachers love my girls. They show such care and compassion for every child there. Teacher Jacki and teacher barbie go out of their way to send us pictures of our babies doing activities in school knowing how scared we are of leaving them. Not only the teachers but the administrators have gone above and beyond and also has checked on our girls and even sent us pictures. It's not just all hugs and kisses but they are improving academically. What more could someone ask for as a parent? That your children be loved and taught well. If you don't put your kids in this school I'm truly sorry for you. This school is the best school in Miami. We searched for schools for years and had our oldest in 2 other schools before this school and nothing compares to West Dade Academy.

Posted July 24, 2014
I was a student at West Dade Academy for many years and I loved every moment! I made so many close friends and amazing memories. The teachers actually care and listen to every single student. They really make you feel like family. I not only had a great high school experience, but I was also academically ahead. I would recommend West dade Academy to anyone and everyone!

Posted July 22, 2014
Love this school....West Dade Academy has done so much for my child.. Not only are the teachers great but they are like family.. My child has advanced greatly.. My child was always falling behind in public school.. This school pushes your child to learn and succeed.. Thank you West Dade for everything you do.

West Dade Academy 1

Posted June 13, 2014
This school is a joke, the children don't learn just lose the little information they know while going to this school. The kids that graduate from there tell you themselves how the school is a big joke. They want parents to teach kids at home what they should be teaching them at school! Poor administration skills, Poor teaching skills. Just overall horrible experience. WORST mistake ever placing my child in that school and seeing how my child went backwards.

West Dade Academy