Miami, FL

Posted August 15, 2014
Another year begins, no orientation, no letter advising what room to show up to, nothing! This schools lackluster attitude towards its responsibility is offensive at best. On one hand you have a superintendent who is cutting edge and wants to start teaching on the bus and on the other end of the spectrum you have this school, stuck in the stone ages, lugging around half your kids weight in books! What a shame and dis-service to the community its supposed to serve! We cant wait til we are free from this child day camp! The teachers, to an extent seem to be competent but seem to be painfully obliging in order to keep a job. I cant imagine a more dire situation! Is anyone listening?!

Posted January 22, 2014
My daughter has attended this school since kindergarden and until she got to 3rd grade I thought wonder of the school. Unfortunately after she got to 3rd grade my thoughts about the school have changed. I personally feel the new principal is not keeping the school up to par like the previous one did. Yes Mrs. flannigan was strict but the school ran smoother than it is currently ruined by the new principal Lopez. the school functions are TOTALLY unorganized in every way. my daughter is now in 5th grade and the teacher she currently is with has been bullying her about a sharpener that broke and other kids blamed her for braking it. this teacher is telling her she needs to buy a new one for her everyday. not only that my poor daughter gets bullied by other kids in her school and this teacher doesn't do anything about it. I have emailed her about the bullying and supposedly it stopped but just days ago some kids made up a "contract" to get my daughter to move desks just because she is taller and sits upfront since she wears glasses and they told her to sign it. I can't stand other kids bullying my child & I have plenty of other complaints about the school. HORRIBLE SCHOOL!!!

Seminole Elementary School 5

Posted June 08, 2013
Another great school year just came to an end! I am a parent of a 5th grader and I couldn't be happier with the education my child received at Seminole. The teachers are amazing and very knowledgable. I never had a problem communicating with my child's teacher, always made an appointment ( like I would to see anyone else) and received the attention and information I needed. The security measures taken at the school seem fair in my opionion, there are school personnel and administrators at every entry point greeting g the students each morning. I agree with their rule of not allowing parents to walk their children to class or roam the hallways. I feel my child is much safer without parents and other adults walking throughout the schools. My child has always been happy at this school and so have I. I have been able to participate at various school events through the PTA. For those parents complaining about not being able to attend such functions perhaps you should be more proactive and volunteer whenever possible.

Posted May 21, 2013
Very disappointed with this school. As a parent that likes to be involved I do not feel welcomed. They have policies that they break if its to their convenience as I witnessed a husband being allowed by the assistance principal to take the flowers to his wife to her classroom yet I am treated like a criminal if I want to walk my son that comes in late and it's only 5-6 years old and has to walk alone to his classroom and in one occasion the teacher and the students were not even there. Yes, rules and policies are good but to an extend. I have walked a few times and the security is not even there so imagine I leave my kid at school and he walks alone and someone else comes in? Please allow the parents to feel a little welcome in the school ....it should not only be to ask for money. We all want safety first but running the school like a military or a jail it's not the best. The teachers have been wonderful and very nice but unfortunately they do not make the whole school. No graduation for kindergarten was a big let down and parents are not allowed in most of the kids activies. I would be changing my son from this school.

Posted September 15, 2012
LOURDES LOPEZ THE WORSE PRINCIPAL IN ALL MIAMI DADE SCHOOL. TRASH LADY. TWO FACES, INMORAL, AND VULGAR. HER FAVORITISM HAVE TO GO. TRASH LADY

Seminole Elementary School 5

Posted August 17, 2012
I have two students at Seminole, one entering second grade and the other entering third. They have both been there since Kindergarten. I have to say that I am very happy with this school, its teacher's, and the administration. My daughters get to participate in many after school activities offered throughout the year. The teachers are kind, fair and knowledgeable. Some parents complain about not having access but school is not for the parents it is for the children. Some parents act like hoodlums themselves so not having access to me is not a major issue. The times I have had to communicate with the school or with the teachers I have been able to do so. I have always been provided the information I have needed from the office staff. The teachers have kept me abreast of any issues relating to my children. I have complete faith that the administration is doing what is best for them. The administrators are there every morning to open the door and greet my children at the gate when I drop them off. I have absolutely no grievances with this school and completely disagree with all the statements of those with negative opinions. Definitely an A in my book!

Posted April 16, 2012
this school has changed a lot true the years and it's not all that great any more my son attends school here you cant walk your kid inside the school cant go on the bus to go to field trips with them my kid got hurt i was never notified . They have some rude volunteers that aren't always nice to the kids, this school has favoritism to people they know and they don't comply with rules like the rest of the parents. Just because a school has a good grade does not mean that it's a good school. A couple of other parents also has complaints. The principal is no good for this school she might be nice but she is no help when you need something done. Ms. Alvarez in the office is a very good woman who will try to help you in what ever you need and she listens but there is only so much she can do . I feel like they don't want us involve in our kids life because they make it so difficult with all this rules , it feels like they hiding something

Seminole Elementary School 3

Posted July 22, 2011
Discipline is one thing and flat out demeaning and rude to a parent is another, I don't think Flanagan was ever respectful to the parents at this school. One thing is to be strict, whichh I am all for, but you can expect respect and willingness from a parent when they are being belittled by the principle of thier child scool. And I beleive this year the new Principal is alot more flexible with parents then the previous admin ever was. The one thing i was not content with, was that there were no end of year awards for the students. I have to say my expericence with my son's teacher was awesome! She was a great teacher and I am only sad i was not able to take her with us to the next grade.

Seminole Elementary School 2

Posted June 13, 2011
my daughter has been studying in this school for two years. We knew the last administration, that maybe was criticized because of the strict discipline, but made great efforts to prepare the students for test and life. We are not content with the new administration, not even the teachers. They relay all the efforts in the security but they are lack of interest in academic performance. In fact, this used to be an 8 school, and this year went to 6. With the new security rules, looks like they are trying to separate the parents from the school .It's a shame.

Seminole Elementary School 4

Posted May 11, 2010

Seminole Elementary School
121 Southwest 78th Place, Miami, FL  33144
Last modified Seminole Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seminole Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top