Miami, FL

Posted June 15, 2015
Another year begins, no orientation, no letter advising what room to show up to, nothing! This schools lackluster attitude towards its responsibility is offensive at best. On one hand you have a superintendent who is cutting edge and wants to start teaching on the bus and on the other end of the spectrum you have this school, stuck in the stone ages, lugging around half your kids weight in books! What a shame and dis-service to the community its supposed to serve! We cant wait til we are free from this child day camp! The teachers, to an extent seem to be competent but seem to be painfully obliging in order to keep a job. I cant imagine a more dire situation! Is anyone listening?!

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 15, 2015
They seem to convey their grievances excellent through punishment and humiliation on the kids yet don't have the courtesy/skill sets to address parents

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 15, 2015
Most of the homework is straight out of the workbooks they should be doing in calss

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 15, 2015
They all want to get out as soon as possible by any means, whether they get transferred out or can advance through extra credit!

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted June 15, 2015
Even though children of all walks of life come together and are not segregated into individual classrooms by intelligence, languages spoken, etc. These groups are segregated IN the classroom and taught different material throughout the day!

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 15, 2015
The only students that have rights to participate in school activities are those that are related to the teachers/staff/ or pta parents. Sadly enough, there are no plays, shows or special events that take place at this school for parents to see their young children interacting with others or role playing on stage.

Posted January 22, 2014
My daughter has attended this school since kindergarden and until she got to 3rd grade I thought wonder of the school. Unfortunately after she got to 3rd grade my thoughts about the school have changed. I personally feel the new principal is not keeping the school up to par like the previous one did. Yes Mrs. flannigan was strict but the school ran smoother than it is currently ruined by the new principal Lopez. the school functions are TOTALLY unorganized in every way. my daughter is now in 5th grade and the teacher she currently is with has been bullying her about a sharpener that broke and other kids blamed her for braking it. this teacher is telling her she needs to buy a new one for her everyday. not only that my poor daughter gets bullied by other kids in her school and this teacher doesn't do anything about it. I have emailed her about the bullying and supposedly it stopped but just days ago some kids made up a "contract" to get my daughter to move desks just because she is taller and sits upfront since she wears glasses and they told her to sign it. I can't stand other kids bullying my child & I have plenty of other complaints about the school. HORRIBLE SCHOOL!!!

Seminole Elementary School 5

Posted June 08, 2013
Another great school year just came to an end! I am a parent of a 5th grader and I couldn't be happier with the education my child received at Seminole. The teachers are amazing and very knowledgable. I never had a problem communicating with my child's teacher, always made an appointment ( like I would to see anyone else) and received the attention and information I needed. The security measures taken at the school seem fair in my opionion, there are school personnel and administrators at every entry point greeting g the students each morning. I agree with their rule of not allowing parents to walk their children to class or roam the hallways. I feel my child is much safer without parents and other adults walking throughout the schools. My child has always been happy at this school and so have I. I have been able to participate at various school events through the PTA. For those parents complaining about not being able to attend such functions perhaps you should be more proactive and volunteer whenever possible.

Posted May 21, 2013
Very disappointed with this school. As a parent that likes to be involved I do not feel welcomed. They have policies that they break if its to their convenience as I witnessed a husband being allowed by the assistance principal to take the flowers to his wife to her classroom yet I am treated like a criminal if I want to walk my son that comes in late and it's only 5-6 years old and has to walk alone to his classroom and in one occasion the teacher and the students were not even there. Yes, rules and policies are good but to an extend. I have walked a few times and the security is not even there so imagine I leave my kid at school and he walks alone and someone else comes in? Please allow the parents to feel a little welcome in the school ....it should not only be to ask for money. We all want safety first but running the school like a military or a jail it's not the best. The teachers have been wonderful and very nice but unfortunately they do not make the whole school. No graduation for kindergarten was a big let down and parents are not allowed in most of the kids activies. I would be changing my son from this school.

Posted September 15, 2012
LOURDES LOPEZ THE WORSE PRINCIPAL IN ALL MIAMI DADE SCHOOL. TRASH LADY. TWO FACES, INMORAL, AND VULGAR. HER FAVORITISM HAVE TO GO. TRASH LADY

121 Southwest 78th Place, Miami, FL  33144
Last modified Seminole Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seminole Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top