331 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Posted June 03, 2014
I currently have a 2nd grader attending this school and i am quite dissatisified. The office personnel i find are friendly which helps but they lack resources and communicational skills. They fail to send out information in advance. My daughter was failing and they basically did nothing. I had to constantly email the teachers and didnt get a response. I had to initate conference and stay on top of the teachers. The homework was inconsistent also. She did have a better teacher during her 1st grade year, so maybe it was her 2 teachers for 2nd grade. My eldest daughter also went to school there and she went 1month without a permanent teacher, she had multiple fill in during that time, and they TRIED to give her failing grades during that time. Overall, I dont recommend it but I know we sometimes dont have a choice. If you must, then make sure that you stay ontop of the teachers.

Posted December 03, 2012
I am a student a F.A.U. and I was required to complete an Internship in this school so that I can graduate. This has been a very difficult school to deal with. The teacher that I was placed did not help me. I requested a grade transfer to my college department and they approved it. When they changed my grade level at the school, nothing changed. It was worse. The students did not help. I will never do teaching again. This is not for me. Thank you shadow lawn for all the wonderful help.

Posted March 24, 2011
It has been a very sad thing ever since the new principal came. The sudent have not been given a full lunch meal, at time my kids come home and say that they did not have lunch today because the school ran out of food. All the extra activities has been stopped. Parents can not stop by at anytime to visit students. Grades have been going down. Office staff are very rude and not helpful. Kids are not coming home with homework and if they do they are lost because it was not covered in class. Working parents are no longer involved in school activities, all activities, meeting and etc are held during the working hours where before they were in the evenings.

Shadowlawn Elementary School
149 Northwest 49th Street, Miami, FL  33127
Last modified Shadowlawn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.