1,001 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Posted March 15, 2011
I attended the original school (1959-1963). I have heard both sides good and bad since the new school was built in the mid '70's. Can't really rate this school now. All I can say is that I had great teachers from (1959-63.)

Posted March 01, 2011
Can't rate the school as I attended there 58 years ago. Things have changed, I'm sure! I lived at the northeast corner of sw22nd ave and sw 16th street and was usually found in a vacant lot 1 block from my house after the school would call the house reporting me absent. I was very intimidated by the school as I was only 4 when I went to 1st grade. Too many "big" kids there! LOL! The picture on the school's website doesn't look familiar at all. When I attended the hallways were open air. Wish I could find old photos from 1951!

Posted February 08, 2011
I attended Shenandoah from 1945 to 1947. The Google maps photo looks a lot like what I remember of the original school with some added features. I lived at 2140 S. W. 6th St.. Miami, Fl. until my father was transferred to Ohio due to his job where I have lived since. Nice to see the school has been so well maintained. Alan Turner

Shenandoah Elementary School 2

Posted January 05, 2011
My son has been in Shenandoah Elem since Kindergarten. His first two years were great, his teachers two American Ladies for Kinder and 1st grade were wonderful. The teacher he had for 2nd Grade awful, she will scream at him all the time he was singled out because she thought he was misbehaving. The kids had to be quiet at all times, I even cried because he was telling me for the first time in his life" he didn't wanna go to school" Academically the school to me from 1 - 5; five being the best is a 3..The staff from 1 - 5 is a 1...they never know anything, to speak to the principal is an issue, you have to by pass the security guard at the entrance that questions you and wants an input of what you need to talk to the office about. Once you get to the office to speak to the principal or assistant principal another interogation, regardless of what the issue is, you end up filling out a paper to be given to the person in question. The security is extreme and it doesn't help. I can go on and on. Bottom line the school no good. I went to the region to change schools, but the region didn't help much. I will keep trying.

Posted October 16, 2008
i am currently a gifted student at shenandoah elementary. it is a wonderful school.i have been their for 5 years.

Shenandoah Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2008
The school does not encourage parental communicaton. There a security guard at the entrance of the school that will not let you contact the office. They ask you to fill in an application and someone will contact you. The teachers do not know how to controll the children. My daughters graduation last year was a disaster as children where out of control and the principal was on stage trying to controll the children but they could not get a grip. My daughter, in the first grade, says her teacher yells 'too much mommy'. The curriculum...terrible. They where giving her a science book to take home and read and then answer questions yet they had not began to teach her to read or write as thorough as that kind of work would have required. Come to find it was a 3d grade level they where teaching to 1st grade! Terrible!!!

Shenandoah Elementary School 4

Posted November 10, 2004
One of my children is a former student of Shenandoah elemantary and all I can say is that we had wonderful results from the 3 years he attended. Although he was the 'new' kid from out-of-state he was welcomed immediately by everyone. The teachers made him feel comfortable from day 1 which made him adjust to the school within a few weeks. This was difficult since he entered the school mid-semester. I wish we would have stayed in that school district longer so he would have graduated with the wonderful friends he made.

Shenandoah Elementary School 2

Posted October 28, 2003
I was astudent aty Shenandoah an was not inpressed with the school at all and as a tutor to some students that do attend I see that they are behind academically and also are not positive towards the school do to overcrowding and little extracurricular activities. I would like like as a communityto help to see the school become an 'A' school.

Posted June 18, 2003
the security are in de cafeteria all the time in dont patrol aoutside the school'the school is in dangerous localitation. the security dont patrol around the school because is to hot.

Shenandoah Elementary School
1023 Southwest 21st Avenue, Miami, FL  33135
Last modified Shenandoah Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.