Oxford Academy Of Miami

Charter | PK-8 | 235 students

We are best known for accelerated reading program.

Posted April 1, 2011

Overall, I am happy with this school. The teachers/ administration really care about the ongoings of the school- and it shows. Between award ceremonies, field trips, and all of the extras that the school provides, the children receive a well rounded experience. FCAT scores may not be the highest, but the school doesn't seem to cater as much to the FCAT, unlike many other schools who postpone all activities until after the FCAT has been taken. For those parents whose children aren't able to receive more extracurricular activities, Oxford parents usually receive a discount for children at the JCC. About the principal- I really couldn't care about her being approachable or not- she seems to be a top notch administrator. I have addressed my concerns with her about the school before and she takes them all seriously and respectfully. She has a lot on her mind! She's trying to run our school, not run a bff competition. :) My desire for the school is this- I wish the children had access to foreign languages. 2x week in Spanish is simply not enough, esp. when children can learn so fast. I have noticed that many schools are running a EFL program (Extended Foreign Lang)- wish we had it, too.

Posted February 24, 2011

Love the small school, love that the classes are all gifted, Teachers are very loving. Principle is a hard worker but not approachable or easy to talk to. Silvia the cafeteria lady is amazing, cares and encourages kids to finish their plate. Kids have Spanish class twice a week a definite plus in Miami! No sports the is the only defect of this school. I feel kids are missing out on being able to be involved in sports like other schools

Posted December 14, 2010

I could not have chosen a better school for my children. The staff is great, excellent teachers and principal. The communication between parents and teachers is great. I am grateful for having my children at Oxford Academy.

Posted September 27, 2010

I've had my daughter in this school since she was in Kindergarten, she is now in 2nd grade and still loving school. The staff member are super friendly and super nice! Whenever I have questions, they have no problem in answering them. My daughter is an A+ Honor Roll Student.

Posted August 15, 2010

Great school. They care about each child as a whole. They show interest not only in the childs academic success, but in so many other areas such as confidence, self-esteem, mental and emotional health, etc., and much more. The child as a whole person, very important.

Posted July 9, 2010

My daughters first year at Oxford was a wonderful experience, choosing Oxford was the best decision made, all the staff is wonderful and they know you by name, My daughters teacher was Mrs. T a remarkable, EXECELLENT teacher. Mrs T will care and teach one of them like their own kids.

Posted June 9, 2010

My son s first year of school at Oxford has been a wonderful experience. This school year has been very gratifying for us; as newcomers into the school system we feel we could have not chosen a better school. The teachers are excellent; they go above and beyond with the kids. It is a family environment, where everyone knows your child by name and parental involvement is greatly encouraged. I love the fact that discipline is a very important matter. The principal is hard worker, very dedicated and easy to reach. As a parent, in Oxford Academy you can trust your children will be safe while they enjoy high quality education. My son is in kindergarten with Ms. T, he just loves her!!! She is an excellent teacher with great values; she is very caring and dedicated. My son is always excited about going to school, he is very happy at Oxford. I couldn't ask for a better school. I can t forget to mention Miss Silvia, (cafeteria) she is always attentive to the kids, making sure they eat right and caring for them in any possible way.

Posted April 15, 2010

Oxford Academy of Miami is an excellent Charter school! My Kindergarten daughter loves her teacher Mrs Handal and my Fifth grade son thinks the best of Ms. Michel. I truly feel blessed for having my children attend such a wonderful school where, because of the small ratio of students, we all know each other, communication access is perfect, activities, staff, teachers, principal...everyone's special and really cares. As a parent, in Oxford Academy you can trust your children will be safe while they enjoy high quality education.

Posted November 11, 2008

This is my daughters second year at Oxford. She came from a very small preschool/pre-k, and i was concerned about sending her to a huge overcrowded public school. I did hours of research and went on many school tours of public, private, and charter schools. I fell in love with Oxford immediately. It is a very small school with small class sizes. The teachers/principal are wonderful. Everyone knows your child by name, including the principal, secretary, founder, and all teachers. They go above and beyond. It is a family environment where parental involvement is greatly encouraged. My daughter has done very well there. It is a multi-ethnic school that not only focuses on academics but on each student as a whole , promoting self-esteem, confidence, manors, dicipline, and educational excellence. My daughter is very happy, and so am I. I highly recomend this school. (and I am very picky!)

Posted November 11, 2008

This is a great school. My daughter has done very well there. They care greatly education. The teachers are very nice, and caring, going above and beyond the call of duty, my daughters teacher even has her own website for the kids with educational games to help with reading, community events, online books and much more. The Principal has alot of experience and tries hard to make the school the best it can be. She believes in it so much that she has her own daughter enrolled. That says something! I would not want my child any where else!

Posted January 24, 2008

charter is the way to go in miami! But my kids love the entire staff and thr leadership is definetly going in the right direction. A+ in my book !

Posted December 20, 2007

This is my second year at Oxford, sending my oldest child to kindergarten and first grade and my middle child through kinder. Not only do I think the teachers are excellent I also think the principal is as well. There is great communication between teachers and parents. All the teachers know all the childern and parents and everyone looks out for the children. I feel my kids are safe at Oxford and they are getting an excellent education. I couldn't ask for more.

Posted October 11, 2007

Oxford Academy administrators, teachers and founder believe in the great potential of our students. My child is a student at OAM and his whole disposition toward learning and being his best has changed because of the training he is now receiving at OAM. It is because of the heart felt and personal philosophy of the entire staff at OAM that his personal motto has now become, 'Mom, I've got to do my best and give my whole heart'. To us as parents there is nothing better than to see your child develop in his character this way. Keep up the excellent work. And and thank you for making a difference in all our lives.

Posted September 27, 2007

My daughter was there last year in kindergarten. She started the school in January and before that we were making homeschooling. I ask them to help my daughter in the area in which she had more difficulty which in this case was reading but I got nothing. On the other hand my daughter teacher didn't seem to be very patient with kids and never really try to help my daughter. As a consequence my daughter was retained in kindergarten mostly because of her trouble reading. This year I enrolled my daughter in another chatter school and I am very happy there. My daughter is doing really well and little by little she is progressing with her reading. I wouldn t recommend Oxford Academy.

Posted September 26, 2007

My child has been at this school since it opened and I believe it is an excellent educational institution. This year they have implemented a great character education program. The teachers and administrator are easy to get along with and always available when I need them.

Posted August 4, 2007

My recommendation for parents considering enrollment at Oxford Academy to please look for an alternative school. There is little communication between the Governing School, parents & school staff ....I will not recommend the school at all.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

38 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

38 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

20 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

20 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

16 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

16 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

21 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • This school did not receive a grade in 2009-2010.
  • This school did not receive a grade in 2008-2009.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Health & athletics

• Gym

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • MS. ANGELA KLINEDINST
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Is there an application process?
Fax number