Oxford Academy Of Miami 2

Posted August 27, 2014
The new changes Oxford has gone through as far as administration was a definite need. Just in general, with charter schools growing day by day, the best thing that could of happened to Oxford is that a management company took over. However, that does not erase the mess that has been done to this school. The teachers till this day have not received their checks that the school owes them. The debt that this school is in is outrageous. After leaving Oxford, and seeing what all the other charter schools have to offer, Oxford just can not compete. The amount of technology that is needed for our children and students to succeed, Oxford does not have. These other schools have smart boards, and IPADS for every child, and reading and math coaches to help the students excel. Students that need interventions because they are falling behind, other schools have. Yes, I understand some people want to shelter their children and keep them in a family/ friendly tiny environment, but your hindering your children from spreading their wings and participate in real school life. Example: clubs, and sports, and the latest resources in the classrooms. The grass sometimes is greener on the other side.

Posted August 22, 2014
Oxford in my opinion had good intentions when it first opened. It had some amazing and supportive teachers. However, the principal with the administration did not have the correct back bone nor financial reserve to run the school nor make the school succeed. I withdrew both of my children from there in 2010 and went to an A school. They were sad to leave their friends but were amazed at the new technology, smart boards, abundance of classrooms, art, music computers, even the cafeteria. Transition for them was smooth. You can't deny that oxford fell short especially when compared to a regular public school and what it can offer to a child's education. The new administration will have to do a lot of cleanining up.

Posted June 25, 2014
Oxford Academy is and will continue to be a great school. The recent administrative changes were obviously needed. Our new principal has the best intentions for our school and will work at making the improvements needed in having our school succeed. I for one, am not giving up so easily. I believe in this school, love the great teachers and will continue to support OAM!

Posted June 22, 2014
OAM Once was an "A" school however as the time passed the school rating is a C-. We have decided not to continue supporting Oxford, specially after what happened towards the end of the year. There are other charter schools that are "A" schools. Thanks Oxford for all the years and memories.

Posted June 15, 2014
I agree with the last review. My child is able to get the chance he would never get in a public school. The teachers, parents and students are amazing! My child said in the beginning of the year there was some bullying (like in all schools) but said as the year progressed it was a rare occasion. The administration that left needed to go, along with the guidance counselor. Already the enrollment is higher than it was before! This is a fantastic school and one of the rare charter schools to offer middle school education.

Posted May 19, 2014
About a week ago, the school went into a panic b/c the parents & teachers were blindsided with the resignation of the principal & asst principal. When I learned of the news, I was concerned of what this meant for the school. I was ready to pull my kids since I was a supporter of the administration. However, after the first board meeting which was a circus, I lost all respect for the principal & asst principal. Their behavior as they both sat there unwilling to provide parents & teachers with answers was appalling. It was obvious that they want the school to fail. Along with the principal & asset principal, the school guidance counselor has been insensitive & unprofessional by encouraging parents to withdraw. I have been caught off guard at how these individuals want so desperately to sabotage the school, it makes me wonder what they don't want us to discover. I along with many parents say good riddance to those who don't want to support our school. Now that we have a new principal, maybe she will be able to lift the school from the gutter to make us a better school with a principal that is actually AT THE SCHOOL. I'm going to give the school one more chance to get it right.

Posted May 18, 2014
We are disappointed with the school and its management, the principal and the assistant resigned, teachers allegedly knew nothing and are not been paid. as parents we are very decepcioneados by lack of information, the organizational disorder. This situation is inexcusable, students are not receiving education from a month ago. are just playing. The educational level is zero. I hope the school board takes action. It is an abuse what they are doing with students and a bad reputation in the educational system of the county.

Posted April 06, 2014
Of the various schools that I've worked at, the professional environment here feels like a family. it's a pleasure to work here, I don't feel on my own as a teacher, the parents/students are a blessing to work with. I enjoy every day and thank God and my principals for the opportunity to work here.

Posted November 13, 2013
After many years of supporting the school, we have decided to move. Oxford cannot compete with the other charter schools. There is no doubt that OAM has great teachers; however, the school administration lacks of finances to purchase essential things, like books. We wish to see one day OAM to become a great school. On another note the PTSO president is a joke and everytime she gets, she talks bad about the principal with every parent willing listen. I believe that it is time for her to leave the chair and have a parent who believes in the school take over. Good luck OAM!

Oxford Academy Of Miami 5

Posted August 20, 2013
my school is an ***A*** school teachers at oxford academy of Miami are very good with the students

Oxford Academy Of Miami
10870 Southwest 113th Place, Miami, FL  33176
Last modified Oxford Academy Of Miami is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oxford Academy Of Miami Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews.