Posted November 20, 2014
Once upon a time, an amazing school with great teachers, academics and family environment. Unfortunately, the previous administration ruined the school and the new administration is not capable of lifting the school up and turning it around. I'm so glad I decided to leave the school, it's sad that the parents that have stayed are blinded by the lies they are told by the administration and management company. We all know the school is a "D" yet on the website it states a "C". There are no parent meetings anymore, parents are not welcomed into the building and the governing board minutes are not posted, so what is being kept for those parents willing to stick it out?

Posted October 28, 2014
Our principal, Mrs. Beceiro is doing an amazing administrative job! The time and effort alone put in towards our school on a daily basis is remarkable. She along with the teachers and staff are all professional, knowledgeable and highly qualified in their line of work. The teachers are receiving instructional guidance in their classrooms so that the students may be successful. Our curriculum coach also works hard in guidance towards helping the students succeed. Many improvements to the school we've seen so far with new books, computer lab set up, sports team, fun and learning activities for the students, and so much more to come. Oxford Academy has come a long way, but as they say... good things come to those who wait! I say, we will continue to shine! Thank you Oxford for all the years and memories you've given my family! We are now better than ever!!!

Posted October 28, 2014
We would like to take this time to thank you, Principal Beceiro, for all that you have done and are doing for Oxford Academy of Miami. You are very professional, educated and personable Principal, which is a blessing Oxford Academy of Miami needed. Our daughter has been attending Oxford Academy of Miami for the last five years. We are in complete agreement that with your guidance and dedication Oxford Academy of Miami will be very successful. The teachers are very friendly, supporting and teaching our students the necessary curriculum for the students to be very successful and achieve high grades in all the subjects. The teachers provide helpful information to the parents to assist the students with their assignments. We have seen the Curriculum Specialist in our school making sure that the teachers and students are on the right track with their academic goals. This, to us, is very assuring of the success of the students and Oxford Academy of Miami. We look to a bright and successful future for Oxford Academy of Miami, our school of choice. Jose and Omaida Arbide

Posted October 27, 2014
As a parent of an elementary student at Oxford Academy, I am extremely pleased with the transformation that the school has seen since the beginning of this academic year. From an instructional standpoint, students are being held accountable for what they learn daily. Support Personnel are there on a regular basis holding teachers accountable for what is being taught. Systematic changes have created a conducive learning environment that promotes differentiated instruction school wide. While it is evident that enrollment has dropped as a result of the recent changes, these changes have been for the better. Gossipy parents who act as if they were still in grade school themselves, no longer take up space in our school. Every parent is vested in their child's education. Those of us that have weathered the storm, will reap the benefits in the long run. I am elated to have made my own decision to keep my child at Oxford and not succumb to the pressures of disgruntled individuals who are out for revenge on past administration. My child is happier and enjoys going to school everyday this year, a comment i couldn't make in the past. Thumbs WAY up from my family and I with Oxford Academy.

Posted October 24, 2014
I am embarrassed to say I was a part of oxford once. The best thing for this school, is for it to close. Parents you are blind sided of what's going on there at oxford. Look at the financials... Regardless of how they got like that and by who... It's not going to change the $$! The amount of kids in this school are the amount of kids you would see in an ese (special ed school) . Wake up and smell the coffee! What once was oxford is over, it's time for people to appreciate the good memories that were made in the past and now move on, to bigger and better things for your kids!

Oxford Academy Of Miami 3

Posted September 23, 2014
The school has potential to improve with the new direction, however we were disappointed and removed our children. Many good teachers left the school and looks like the admin had to make a quick pick . The new teachers leave much to be desired, they scream at the students and have little patience, other teachers are so clueless they don't realize an educator shouldn't be playing pop songs while students are testing and working on math. Leave your Ipod in the car, this seems like an obvious rule. The new administration promised a solid sports program this year, but its yet to be seen. There is a new PE curriculum of course, but no real changes, the problem is not what is taught, but who teaches it and how they do it. If someone needs an easy, lazy job, then teaching is not for them. There are other professions out there, if you don't like teaching just don't! Hopefully the new admin will listen and make some changes fast before they lose the remaining student body.

Posted August 22, 2014
Oxford in my opinion had good intentions when it first opened. It had some amazing and supportive teachers. However, the principal with the administration did not have the correct back bone nor financial reserve to run the school nor make the school succeed. I withdrew both of my children from there in 2010 and went to an A school. They were sad to leave their friends but were amazed at the new technology, smart boards, abundance of classrooms, art, music computers, even the cafeteria. Transition for them was smooth. You can't deny that oxford fell short especially when compared to a regular public school and what it can offer to a child's education. The new administration will have to do a lot of cleanining up.

Posted June 22, 2014
OAM Once was an "A" school however as the time passed the school rating is a C-. We have decided not to continue supporting Oxford, specially after what happened towards the end of the year. There are other charter schools that are "A" schools. Thanks Oxford for all the years and memories.

Oxford Academy Of Miami 4

Posted June 15, 2014
I agree with the last review. My child is able to get the chance he would never get in a public school. The teachers, parents and students are amazing! My child said in the beginning of the year there was some bullying (like in all schools) but said as the year progressed it was a rare occasion. The administration that left needed to go, along with the guidance counselor. Already the enrollment is higher than it was before! This is a fantastic school and one of the rare charter schools to offer middle school education.

Posted May 18, 2014
We are disappointed with the school and its management, the principal and the assistant resigned, teachers allegedly knew nothing and are not been paid. as parents we are very decepcioneados by lack of information, the organizational disorder. This situation is inexcusable, students are not receiving education from a month ago. are just playing. The educational level is zero. I hope the school board takes action. It is an abuse what they are doing with students and a bad reputation in the educational system of the county.

Oxford Academy Of Miami
10870 Southwest 113th Place, Miami, FL  33176
Last modified Oxford Academy Of Miami is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oxford Academy Of Miami Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top