Posted January 29, 2015
This is my son's first year at Archimedean. Yes we wanted our son to be in a structured and diciplined environment. We are devoted and loving parents all we want is our son to reach his full potential, to do his best and have pride and respect for himself and his community, and above all to be happy and successful in his life. We want him to have confidence in himself and the choices he makes. In saying this I would like to state that I am so very grateful for this school, yes it is rigorous and it is difficult, but you must as a parent tell your child to keep trying and to keep with it and to ask for help when needed. If you have a positive attitude, a respect for learning a respect for teachers, this school will bring out the best in your child. My son was an average student and is now gaining confidence and self worth, he has become more animated and communicates with us always telling us about something new he has looked up. His grades have steadily moved up to above average, he is learning greek and philosophy . I say a "D" in this school is like a "B" anywhere else!

Archimedean Middle Conservatory 1

Posted January 23, 2015
I was convinced and impressed the day I attended orientation. However, when school started, all my expectations and content with the school were erased. I agree with a previous comment that your child will be pulled from class and given indoor suspension without notifying the parent. I left several messages and emails to both the teacher and the principal, which were not answered. I plan to make an appointment with the school board to show that this is NOT proper behavior for any school's staff. I had to force my way to see the principal by going to the office and telling the receptionist that I was not leaving until I saw her. This is more of a boarding school where they treat your children as if they were criminals and liars. I agree with a strict curriculum and punishment but this goes too far. This is my child's first year at AMC. My child has excelled throughout previous years and received high scores on his FCATs, however, he is failing this year. I agree with another review, my child has also developed depression and emotional problems attending this school. This is NOT a happy place.

Archimedean Middle Conservatory 1

Posted October 02, 2014
My daughter was a former student at Archimedean and I had to take her out because she was very upset and depressed about the school. she sometimes came home crying. Some students there are nice and all but others are very mean and bully . The teachers are horrible! They spend more than half the class complaining and not teaching! unlike other schools, this school teaches greek, greek math and philosophy! dont get me wrong you can learn those subjects if you want because they can benefit you but it is very hard and the teachers expect you to learn it like nothing & they expect you to answer exsesive amounts of questions in short periods of time. the teachers are very rude and unfair. The PTO's (the parent, teacher organization) are always asking for money and making us parents spend a big amount of money for some things that will not benefit the students. the school is very little and give exsesive amounts of homework. the lunch there is horrible in the little dirty cafeteria. my daughter came home once with a stomach virus caused from the school lunch. lastly, they have school on Saturday starting from January to May which is mandatory. i strongly recommend a different school

Posted September 18, 2014
I believe that this school is excellent. You do have to make a commitment because it is not an easy school, but they do prepare the children well, I see it as an investment in my child's future. The principal is responsive when true issues arise.

Archimedean Middle Conservatory 3

Posted March 04, 2014
The culture of this school can be very problematic. They seem to confuse discipline with being rude and brusque. Their striving for academic excellence is admirable and honestly, very attractive to our family. However, it would be wonderful if they had a principal who would strive for such level of excellence also in communication, safety and efficiency in overall school operations. The parking and pick up is archaic and extremely dysfunctional. The emails from the school do not contain phone numbers for follow up even when they request parent help for volunteering and the email itself is a do not reply. The teachers and administrators report being afraid of the principal and literally run and hide when they see her coming. This, to me, is a sign of problematic leadership. It is important to be successful academically but school is a culture setting institution and I am very weary that the culture they are setting is not conducive to overall success in the 21st century. My son is an excellent student and has strong FCAT scores but still we are looking elsewhere

Posted November 05, 2013
This is my son's 2nd year and I can honestly say it has been the best move we've made. My son's ex- elementary special program basically gave up on him and labeled him lazy not preparing him on the basics such as reading and math. This wonderful group of educators have cared enough about my son and have helped him embrace education and believe in himself again! I will be forever grateful and honestly appreciate this school's strict approach to education. I find the teachers to be selfless and caring enough to come in on their own time on Saturday's before the FCAT and tutor these students for Free. This truly is an amazing school we consider home!

Archimedean Middle Conservatory 3

Posted October 02, 2013
I BELIEVE THAT THE PRINCIPAL LEADERSHIP OF THE SCHOOL IS EXCELLENT. HOWEVER, I FEEL THAT THE QUALITY OF THE TEACHERS COULD BE IMPROVED. STUDENTS SHOULD NOT BE INHIBITED TO ASK QUESTIONS IF THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING. TEACHERS SHOULD BE A LITTLE MORE RESPONSIVE TO STUDENTS IN THAT AREA. OVERALL, THE ACADEMIC CURRICULUM OF THE SCHOOL IS EXCELLENT, BUT I THINK THAT THE OTHER AREAS SUCH AS SPORTS SHOULD BE IMPROVED. ALSO, I FEEL THAT THE SCHOOL NEEDS TO HAVE ITS OWN AUDITORIUM, WHERE THE PARENTS & STUDENTS CAN GATHER TOGETHER. ALSO, THE TALENT SHOW CAN BE PERFORMED THERE, AND THE AUDITORIUM CAN BE USED FOR OTHER ACTIVITIES, AS WELL.

Posted September 09, 2013
First year in the middle school and the transition has been excellent because teachers may have done everything well so i can adapt faster in this new challenge.

Posted August 29, 2013
So far,so good my daughter just start it and she is still adapting her self, but i have to say the 6 graders teachers has made the transition easier

Posted August 03, 2013
My school is a great school, it's very good, how they teach is excellent, the teachers are very good and they explain very well. Our principal is very good too she is very helpful. I really like my school and enjoy learning and being in Archimedean Academy.

Archimedean Middle Conservatory
12425 Southwest 72nd Street, Miami, FL  33183
Last modified Archimedean Middle Conservatory is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Archimedean Middle Conservatory Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 83 reviews. Top