Posted April 03, 2014
I have two girls who go to this School. I can say that I am completly satisfied with all the school has to offer. A great education, concerned teachers and administrative personal, an excellent principal and vice principal, great programs and a very good antibullying policy. Both my girls have been at Southside since PreK and are now in 2nd & 1st grade I honestly feel this was the perfect choice for my daughters. Plus it's two blocks away from home, it can't get better than that.

Posted March 17, 2014
This school is a great school. The principal is an amazing educator, i have had the opportunity to see him interact with children and always brings the best out of all situations. The VP is also an amazing woman who strives to always have teachers and parents on the same page when it comes to education or any other issue. I have two girls and feel this is the perfect school for both my girls and my famali.

Posted January 27, 2014
This school is very disappointing to say the least. Bad philosophy, poor teaching methods, and poor leadership.

Southside Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2013
I think the Principal and staff are very interested on having a good environment and to give the children good learning experiences, the children have access to programs online ( the school pays for them eg. lexia , mobymath) to help them with their reading and math accordingly to the new standards.Field trips are always free thanks to the PTA , the places are always great and directed to hel the kids think critically and understand the outside world. Parents need to be involved when it comes to their children education to help them take advantages of the opportunities they get and make the best of them. I have been fortunate with the teachers of my child, they were great although I know there not all are as good. I think they should improve the communication channels with parents, especially in logistics. ( Open house, Parent teacher conferences). Again, it always comes to Parent involvement with your children education, because if you are on top of things you wont miss anything. Overall it is a great school with the mentality to thrive and be better each day

Posted February 20, 2013
In regards to the posted comment done on April 10th, 2012. My question is the following. Are you referring to the Southside Elementary Museums affiliated School in Brickell Miami, FL? Certainly the bad reviews this school is getting are all TRUE and well deserved. It is one of the most disgusting environments that I have ever experienced. I took my children out and I can honestly say that it was the best decision I've ever made as a responsible parent.

Posted April 10, 2012
The school only has 740 students, so how can it be possible to have 1000 students in the cafeteria at the same time? Maybe they just go there for lunch? My son goes to this school, and as in any other school, every classroom goes at a different time. It is called scheduling! By the way there are only 15 students in his classroom. I love this school. Everybody is very friendly, unless you have inadequate demands.....I guess?

Posted January 25, 2012
I have to say that the school has a great program, but when it comes to safety is the worse I have seen. First let me start with the cafeteria, there is only one lady watching over the entire cafeteria and it is a chaos in there, kids don't respect or listen to her as all she does is scream at them. Second, the lady that serves food to kids is really rude to them she gives them attitude and she picks the food for them, kids tell her they don't want that and she pretends like she didnt hear them plus she doesn't speak any english. Third the assistant principal is so rude, I had made a complain about the cafeteria and she got really defensive with myself. The principal is seen around but doesn't engage with parents. I am really disappointed with this school. If you love your kids please don't even dare to put your kids here.

Posted August 23, 2011
Run dont walk away from this school. Poor parent communication,Poor organization,Poor security especially the first day of school. This is a school only blocks away from a major city and the people tending to security are not familiar with thier own procedures.This school can lose a child in minutes. One can only assume that poor organization reflects poor leadership.

Posted August 23, 2011
I love this school, my 5th grader son was very well encouraged and the teachers helped him step to another level, this year he achieved his best FCAT score ever and I have to say it was a team work. the counselor ms. Espinoza is the BEST, always helpful and one can see she really love her job!. unfortunately this is our last year here. i totally recommend this school.

Posted August 05, 2011
This is an amazing school with a caring and knowledgeable staff. My daughter has attended since Kindergarten & has flourished in their gifted program. All of her teachers (gifted & regular) are not only amazing at relaying the acedemic material but also very encouraging in enhancing their creativity. Principal Shiavone is wonderful & is obviously deeply passionate about the school, the staff, and all of the students. I am very pleased with the quality of education at Southside as well as the courtesy & attentiveness of the entire staff.

Southside Elementary School
45 Southwest 13th Street, Miami, FL  33130
Last modified Southside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.