Miami, FL

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 21, 2015
As a teacher here, I can't bear too teach here. Teachers are lazy and don't teach. Not enough supplies to teach properly.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 21, 2015
The homework we give is about right but is too easy. We are not helpng the students learn this way.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
Again it doesn't teach anything. Problems are part of here. Horrible place. I can't bear to be here.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 21, 2015
The students already 'learned' to be respectful from their parents. But behavioral issues are horrible.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 21, 2015
The kids are normal. But bullying and safety is a major issue. Behavioral issues are also a problem.

Posted October 01, 2014
My 8 years old daughter is in this school for the last 3 years and has been learning a lot since then. I would recommend this school.

Posted April 03, 2014
I have two girls who go to this School. I can say that I am completly satisfied with all the school has to offer. A great education, concerned teachers and administrative personal, an excellent principal and vice principal, great programs and a very good antibullying policy. Both my girls have been at Southside since PreK and are now in 2nd & 1st grade I honestly feel this was the perfect choice for my daughters. Plus it's two blocks away from home, it can't get better than that.

Posted March 17, 2014
This school is a great school. The principal is an amazing educator, i have had the opportunity to see him interact with children and always brings the best out of all situations. The VP is also an amazing woman who strives to always have teachers and parents on the same page when it comes to education or any other issue. I have two girls and feel this is the perfect school for both my girls and my famali.

Southside Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2014
This school is very disappointing to say the least. Bad philosophy, poor teaching methods, and poor leadership.
3 people found this helpful

Southside Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2013
I think the Principal and staff are very interested on having a good environment and to give the children good learning experiences, the children have access to programs online ( the school pays for them eg. lexia , mobymath) to help them with their reading and math accordingly to the new standards.Field trips are always free thanks to the PTA , the places are always great and directed to hel the kids think critically and understand the outside world. Parents need to be involved when it comes to their children education to help them take advantages of the opportunities they get and make the best of them. I have been fortunate with the teachers of my child, they were great although I know there not all are as good. I think they should improve the communication channels with parents, especially in logistics. ( Open house, Parent teacher conferences). Again, it always comes to Parent involvement with your children education, because if you are on top of things you wont miss anything. Overall it is a great school with the mentality to thrive and be better each day

45 Southwest 13th Street, Miami, FL  33130
Last modified Southside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top