841 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school is excellent! The teachers are well prepared, the education methods are good and also there is a high level of participation from parents.

Now that school is back on track I am happy to see that things at Southside just continue to get better. Parent involvement is so important in the lives of children. Also feeling that you belong makes it exciting. This school has changed so much in the past few years for the better! Teachers and faculty are amazing!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I can't speak about all teachers, but I can say that all the ones I have had for my children have been great educators. Some people think it's up to the teacher to teach children respect towards others and values. And I think teachers are there to reinforce what we as parents need to teach children about respect, honesty and values

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

As parents role to get engaged in their kids activity they are (parents) involved on asking the teachers on the upcoming needed activity and lessons needed

Amount of homework: Agree

Sometimes it needed more homework, especially I believe for the summer vacation to keep them involved during summer

Its am amazone School M'y kids finished their school year last year and they are excite for the coming scholar year

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

As a teacher here, I can't bear too teach here. Teachers are lazy and don't teach. Not enough supplies to teach properly.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The homework we give is about right but is too easy. We are not helpng the students learn this way.

My 8 years old daughter is in this school for the last 3 years and has been learning a lot since then. I would recommend this school.

I have two girls who go to this School. I can say that I am completly satisfied with all the school has to offer. A great education, concerned teachers and administrative personal, an excellent principal and vice principal, great programs and a very good antibullying policy. Both my girls have been at Southside since PreK and are now in 2nd & 1st grade I honestly feel this was the perfect choice for my daughters. Plus it's two blocks away from home, it can't get better than that.

Last modified Southside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.