Sunset Park Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 691 students

Posted July 25, 2013

Thank you Sunset Park Elementary and Ms. Martin and her wonderful staff for going the extra mile to make sure my daughter gets a solid education and enjoys her school experience. Your ability to see the "whole child" and offer all the tools and resources available to enhance her education and her life experience have been a model to me as a parent. I thank you and I look forward to another great year at Sunset Park Elementary .

Posted May 28, 2013

Excellent School! Great teachers who care about my children's learning experience.. My 4th grader has excellent grades this year all thanks to the phenomenal teacher/parent communication!

Posted October 5, 2012

After 5 wks & what was to be my daughters 1st kindergarten experience, we unenrolled my daughter from Sunset Park. The teacher assigned to her was demeaning, overwhelmed & focused more on behavior of the students than academics. After a lengthy conference w/ the principal (who is amazing & took the time to listen) she offered to place our daughter with a tenured teacher Ms R. As thankful as we were for that option our minds were made up, the damage had already been done. She is now in a private school - in a smaller class where the teacher has time to teach and PRAISE, & rewards students for good behavior instead of embarassing them with a color chart that they change themselves at the front of the class. Our daughter woke up one night telling us she had to change her color! The principal went on to say how sorry she was we were leaving as she loved our daughter and found her to be a most loving & happy child. We are sure Sunset Park is a great school filled w/ activities & other wonderful staff, it is equally important to be involved parents to know what a good teacher is comprised of. We are just sorry that Mrs. T made it a horrible experience for our daughter and for us.

Posted August 20, 2012

Today is my daughter's first day at Sunset Park after transfering from a private school. I had many concerns about the change and the program going to a new place. The teacher and the administration were so helpful this summer in spite of the end of summer schedules and number of students. I felt like my family was getting one on one attention that you would find only in a much smaller school. They were so nice and accommodating. It was obvious that they are striving to meet the needs of each child and do what is best for each child although it takes much more time to do so. It's only day one but I am thrilled for her to be a part of this school.

Posted August 19, 2012

I love SunsetPark its a excellent school. The teacher's are excellent and the principal too. I came from other country and the welocme was geat. If we as a father's work together with the teacher and so the school and activities we got better school and our childrens develops will be better. The principal is excellent, she allways is in the schoool and in each activities also in wekends, and if you need to talk with her she is always willing to talk to you. The only thing I will change is the lunch tha it's no good including the fruits that are not fresh all the time, some of the secretaries that when speak to you doesn't have the touch to work with parents and some of the lunch of employees that presure the chil when their fathers don't pay the lunch or forgot it to pay, they don't has the touch either.

Posted July 31, 2012

I was a student at this school. The principal needs to leave. She tried to take money from the PTA.

Posted September 29, 2010

I love Sunset Park Elementary because the Principal Ms. Martin, Assistant Principal and the teachers are excellent. They really care about our children's education and sense of well being. I used to have my kids in a private school, but four years ago that Ms. Martin got there, she turned that school around. Since then, our school has been Grade A. I wish our school could have up to 8th grade; that will be the best thing it can happen to all our kids that are attending this fantastic school. I want to thank Ms. Martin and her entire team (teachers, administrative, cafeteria, security and cleaning staff) for making Sunset Park Elementary. Ms. Martin and her team should win the Best School Team Award! Ale Vicenttin

Posted November 3, 2009

this is the best school in the state. It has tremendous parent support and monthly family activities to bring parents in the school.

Posted October 10, 2009

My daughter loves her teachers, friends, and best of all the school is in a very safe learning environment.

Posted October 8, 2009

I am a very happy parent because my son's school rocks! Yes, starting with the Principal, Mrs. Martin and ending with the custodian personnel(not enought space to mention the names). I can tell that Sunset Park is a school with a great atmosphere, safety and with great learning experiences for the kids. The teachers are very caring but at the same time they are expecting that their students give 100+ in their classes. Mrs. Berriz, Mrs. Vettel, Mr. Saca, Mrs. Chickillo, Mr. Tojdowski, Mrs. Fernandez, Mrs. Dean and now Mr. Miret are giving me and my family the best treasure we can get, the best education for our son. They are excellent educators where they only not care about the material they have to cover but they teach values to our kids that are priceless. I have selected the best school and will love to have them getting a recognition for their great attitude, care, education and taking the best care of our kids at Sunset Park Elementary!

Posted October 8, 2009

From the Principal, to Vice Principal, to all the teachers and staff, we have only received amazing attention and support! My children are truly privileged to be attending such a wonderful school.

Posted October 8, 2009

Sunset Park Elementary offers a great curriculum to their students and the teachers and the staff members really care about their students. They are very creative in figuring out ways in order to be able to raise monies for their school which in turn benefit the children. Their Gifted Program is one of the best in the district.

Posted October 7, 2009

I love Sunset Park Elementary because they provide a safe, welcoming,and enriching environmet formy child. The teachers and administrators are more than competent and really care about their students and their school. As a parent, I am more than fully satisfied with everyone in the school and all that they provide for the children and the community.

Posted October 7, 2009

The Principal and the staff are just and kind giving to the childs knowledge, friends and happy moments!!!!!

Posted October 7, 2009

They not only teach, but they care for the wellness of the kids.

Posted October 7, 2009

Sunset Park Elm. has the best teachers!

Posted April 13, 2009

Ms. Martin and the teachers do an amazing job. Spide the low budget, they are always improving the school performence. Thank you for your leadership Ms. Martin!

Posted December 4, 2008

My daughter attends Sunset Park Elementary. This school has a wonderful and caring enviroment. Both Teachers and the Principal Mrs. Martin are extremely caring when it comes to our children. Any issues they are there to help. My daughter has done extremely well and this mostly has to do with the dedication the Teachers give daily. I can email at any time with a question and will get a prompt response. I wish this school would turn into a K-8 so my daughter can continue in this same enviroment.

Posted May 14, 2008

the best school in Miami... good,nice,friendly staff and teacher... lovely environment,secured place for your kids.. a nice,smart,dedicated principal. and staff. in security is #1

Posted September 28, 2007

Hat's of to Mrs. Martin and the success of bring this school back up to an A school. The children are safe in this school with excellent security procedures that actually are set in motion. The learning environment is both student and parent friendly. Children are number one here and is shows. The faculty and staff are wounderful examples to our children at Sunset Park. They practice what they preach - and it shows in our children at home. We very happy to be a part of a successful school!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

102 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

102 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

106 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

107 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

107 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

98 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. SARA N MARTIN
Fax number
  • (305) 273-2130

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now