Miami, FL

Sunset Park Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2015
April 2015 review post is wrong. PTA has never chosen students for STEM program. 2014-2015 is only second year for STEM. STEM was started by Ms. Martin the part Principal. Ms. Hernandez the new Principal just started at school 2014-2015. Ms. Martin had a huge meeting year before STEM started and created a committee from parents at the meeting. Committee helped create application and rule for volunteer hour requirement for STEM parents. Only STEM Teachers and the Past Principal reviewed applications and chose students allowed into STEM. Making STEM parents do volunteer hours and be on PTA was good idea because there are more parents at the school helping. I think the kids did more STEM things the first year. PTA in past had a lot of fundraising. PTA worked with past Principal Ms. Martin and bought smart boards and more laptop computers for the school. Past Principal Ms. Martin was very strict with parents and teachers - but good for kids and learning. New Principal Ms. Hernandez looks nicer but she is not doing anything to help kids and make school better. Most teachers are great. I love my child's teachers.

Posted April 26, 2015
First I'd like to address the last comment..... Mrs. Hernandez the principal of Sunset park Elemetary is doing an amazing job. As far as the STEM program is concerned, it is a wonderful program and will continue to be a wonderful program especially since "PTA" will have no say in who will be in the program! It will be done by a committee fair and square! Not only are the parents happy with Mrs. Hernandez but more importantly the teachers whom our children are being taught by are in a much happier environment. That makes a world of a difference! I love my school!!!

Sunset Park Elementary School 2

Posted March 03, 2015
Ever since Sarah Martin left as Principal she took any hope that this school had with her. What a waste of a great program with STEM and what a waste in what Principal Martin took so long to build. At first I thought maybe it was me but now all I hear on a daily basis are parents feeling the same way I feel. Glad it's not just me but sad, really really sad it's become like this. What a shame. Really had hopes my kids would finish here.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 11, 2014
The STEM program is excellent and my daughters are excelling at this school. You are expected to be involved in your child's education and they welcome you on campus. I especially like the emphasis on math and science. This year my daughter went to Kennedy Space Center, which I thought was a great addition to her education. The office staff is friendly and efficient and the principal Ms. Martin is very active in the school. You will even see her in the mornings talking to the kids. She runs a very tight ship

Posted May 28, 2014
Very organized, Great teachers, Great Principal and Vice Principal. Kids are happy and doing great. Parent involvement is good but needs to get better(school does all it can to get them involved). S.T.E.M. Program is top notch.

Sunset Park Elementary School 4

Posted May 06, 2014
Sorry below note dated May 6 , 2014 is for Windermere FL Sunset park elementary school.

Posted September 26, 2013
My daughter has been at this school since Kindergarten she is in 4th grade now. I couldn't be more pleased with the leadership, the teachers and volunteer parents. In this crazy world ...here we find safety, friendship and a top notch learning program. My daughter loves her school and so do I.

Posted September 26, 2013
I was blessed to have found a school like this. Schools make a difference when the people in it make a difference. From the kids to the security staff, the ladies in the cafeteria, the office staff, the teachers and the principal they all work hard to make this school stand out from all the rest of the public schools out there. The school's staff cares a great deal about teaching kids and helping in every way possible. I thank all the teachers who have a taken their extra time to get involved and help my kids. Thank you.

Posted September 25, 2013
As a parent of three, with two attending Sunset Park Elementary, for 4 years, from Kindergarten to 3rd grade, by far this is a great school to be involve with, furthermore I can say that as far as technology, and staff this school is Great, the best in Kendall. Every teacher is well guide by a wonderful Principal Mrs. Martin. God Bless you all.

Posted August 25, 2013
Sunset Park Elementary has remained a neighborhood gem that I have been proud to teach at for the past 25 years. Our teachers have a reputation for their nurturing and dedication. Most classrooms are equipped with the latest technology that supports and enriches instruction. Sunset Park is now a S.T.E.M. Academy.

Sunset Park Elementary School
10235 Southwest 84th Street, Miami, FL  33173
Last modified Sunset Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunset Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top