Vineland K-8 Center 2

Posted August 31, 2014
Do not recommend Vineland. Although it has it's pros, Vineland doesn't prepare you for "bigger" things. My current freshman attended Vineland from sixth to eighth grade and is struggling IMMENSELY getting used to the new school environment. The kids are extremely "babied" . Being babied isn't a bad thing when you're in elementary, of course. But the learning environment and the school in general isn't beneficial when it comes to middle school and graduating middle school. Other than that, the teachers are mostly excellent and reinforce work/homework. The english teachers in the middle school are absolutely great! Ms. Collins and Ms. Gonzalez have created some fantastic writers.

Vineland K-8 Center 1

Posted April 19, 2014
Personal experience is most important to other parents who intend to enroll. I do not recommend at all and the conclution can be objectively. I hope my review will help come under parents.

Posted April 19, 2014
To respond to the newest review. Vineland does not have a large minority population. Looking around it is mostly white children and hispanic children. Vineland has 6 African American Teachers and an additional 2 african american employees on staff, if my memory serves me right. Compared to neighboring schools, Vineland does have more minority children than most. I had an racially insensitive experience with one teacher, and I being a hispanic parent, not african american was very uncomfortable and made that known to the teacher. Maybe reaching out to administration with some suggestions on how they can improve their interaction will help. It's unfortunate that you have had this experience, but Vineland is a great school. Imperfect, but a great school. I highly recommend you reaching out to the principal, or vice principal, to at least try and better the situation.

Vineland K-8 Center 1

Posted January 14, 2014
My school needs lots of improvement in helping kids with ADHD, ADD, and learning disabilities grow and succeed.

Posted October 14, 2013
I am from a small little town in New England where public schools are where you go without hesitation. No one goes to private school because the public schools are so amazing. After so much research and worry about the public schools in Miami I finally agreed to try it before putting my son in a private school. I couldn't be happier!!! Vineland offers a private school atmosphere and a very involved PTA. My son has the most wonderful and supportive teachers this year, Mrs. Burger and Mrs. Rosen. They are stellar at seeing the whole child and trying to understand what makes a child tick. They go out of their way to teach in a way that reaches their interest. They teach by DOING, not WATCHING. Gifted to them is creative and active, not rote and just plain difficult. Mrs. MacLaren and Mrs. Cobo are very hands on with the school functions and the daily ins and outs. They answer emails and calls extremely quickly. The school is bogged down with caring talented teachers like Ms. Vaccaro, Ms. Moreland, Ms. Maley, Ms. Radell & Ms. Garcia to name a few. I am not sure why there were some negative reviews, because I haven't had such experiences and strongly recommend Vineland.

Posted October 02, 2013
I could not be more thankful to Vineland, the teachers, administration and staff. My two children have excelled academically at Vineland! The teachers take a very personal stake in ensuring that they have provided the kids with the tools necessary to move forward and build a strong foundation from lesson to lesson. They keep the kids challenged and engaged. My eldest recently started 9th grade and the transition from middle school to high school could not have been better. Vineland prepared my child for what lay ahead. A school that can provide both a strong academia along with a safe, comfortable, accepting social environment for each child to be an individual is a true blessing and Vineland has been able to do this in spades. Congratulations Vineland!!! You a true leader within the public and private school sector!! You will always hold a special place in my families heart!

Posted September 24, 2013
As my family enters its 12th year at Vineland, we thank our lucky stars every day that our children have had the opportunity to attend this wonderful school. I couldn't disagree more with some of the negative comments about the Principal. As stated in one of the not so positive reviews, "Vineland runs like a well oiled machine". This is absolutely true, and is evident to any parent who has visited the campus more than once. The office staff continues to be professional, courteous, and most of all, happily efficient at their jobs. One telltale sign of bad administration is an inefficient and unhappy workplace, and this just doesn't exist at Vineland. The Principal deserves high marks for her involvement every day. As a parent volunteer, I have seen her numerous times dealing hands on with issues at the school. She is all over the place, greeting parents in the morning and afternoon, visiting classrooms, and even directing traffic! Vineland K-8 Center is a top notch school with top notch teachers, parents and staff. And by the way, this seems to have rubbed off on the children as well. They're a nice group of kids!

Posted September 18, 2013
Last year I was so nervous about making the right choice in a middle school for my daughter. The more research I did, the more fearful I became. I took a chance on touring Vineland's Upper Academy, and boy did it pay off! The transition they warn you about was so smooth. My daughter has made new friends and is learning every day--not learning how to roll her eyes, resent her parents, and discover every bad influence we fear, but the kind of learning that will open many doors for her in the future. I have seen a healthy balance of academics and support, and my daughter loves going to school. This is exactly the environment I was praying we would find. I challenge anyone to find a better faculty or administration at another local middle school, public or private.

Posted September 18, 2013
We moved our two children from private school to Vineland, and both are very happy. I see them learning and am pleased the school is committed to helping them develop according to their needs and abilities. Academics are a major focus, but are balanced with many other offerings such as technology classes, art, Spanish, and a great orchestral strings program. PTA is supportive of the teachers and school. I feel my children are growing into confident and well-rounded students thanks to the entire staff and many volunteers. Not sure why some reviewers need a cheerleader or pig kisser in the office; school in Florida is not a summer camp. Mrs. MacLaren attends all school functions and applauds every accomplishment made by Vineland students. Schools have the responsibility to prepare children for the next level of education, and I prefer that Vineland maintain its focus on preparing my children for success in middle and high school .

Posted September 17, 2013
We toured at least 4 public "A" schools plus a couple of private ones - coming from private one to begin - and were immediately sold on Vineland. Friends whose children attend the school raved about it, and they are right. Great teachers, great family-friendly environment. Having read other reviews, Mrs MacLaren and her staff, in my view, are very approachable and always professional. Our children are learning and thriving in a close-knit environment private schools can only dream of - and we come to Vineland from a private school in town. No one can be everything to everyone, sorry a couple of you have had a negative experience if you're looking for your kids to receive a solid education, a super PTA, and all around nice atmosphere all the way through K-8, Vineland is it!

Vineland K-8 Center
8455 Southwest 119th Street, Miami, FL  33156
Last modified Vineland K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vineland K-8 Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top