Miami, FL

Posted June 10, 2014
There are amazing teachers here that really get involved with the lives of the children. It's up to the parents to do the other half. Get involved and you will see how your children succeed!

Posted July 14, 2013
I was a former student at Whispering Pines Elementary and I think that there is no school better than that one. ALL of the teachers and staff are kind and helpful. I think that WPE is the place where I was truly myself. WPE is like a one big huge family that can never be separated. I was at that school for 7 amazing years( Pre-K - 5th) and I would not change that for the world. I love this school and everything that comes with it and it will always be my favorite school that I attended and I thank this school for all of the amazing years. I would recommend this school to any parent who wants the best for their child From, A former student, Class of 2012

Posted February 17, 2012
I've been a parent at Whispering Pines Elementary School for the past 9 years, as all three of our children have attended WPE, with our last currently in fourth grade. Whispering Pines has a great PTA with a lot of parent/teacher involvement and perhaps that's one reason why WPE is such a wonderful school! The teachers have a genuine concern for their student's achievements and have a good rapport with their parents. A few of their substitutes are actually graduates who have stayed in the neighborhood over the years & who's children now attend WPE. You know when you have a school this good, there's no point in moving any where else. Besides being an academic school of excellence for many years standing, they also have a wide variety of before and after school activities including things like Chamber Singers, WPKN- (Whispering Pines Kids News) ballet, sports, Chess Club, music lessons, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, after care, story hour (for younger students who have older siblings that remain in school till 3pm. I must say that the custodial crew are quite nice as well as our great crossing guards! Whispering Pines Elementary is a well rounded school that I highly recommend.

Whispering Pines Elementary School 3

Posted February 15, 2012
One of the best trades of this school is safety. They make sure to know the children whereabouts and track everyone that goes in the premises. On the bad side, the food options are very poor. There is too much high sugar, high carbs and process food offered everyday. Even for holiday events and aftercare they first offer chocolate chip cookies, candy, soft pretzels and artificial drinks like fruit punch or powder lemonade. I have not seen a project yet where involves fresh fruit and vegetables instead of cookie dough and sprinkles.

Posted June 20, 2011
My child just completed Kindergarten and we were so impressed by how much material she was taught and absorbed over this past Kindergarten year. The school planning is very structured and focused. We are really happy so far with Whispering Pines Elementary, and looking forward to experiencing 1st grade.

Posted February 09, 2011
i do love this school it is a great school for my son he learn a lot of stuff he did not know there are great with the kids

Posted February 05, 2011
i'm a former student who was in this school for 7 years and i am now in 8th grade; and with my experience all i can say is this is one of the most amazing best elementary schools in the county. if you want you're child to become academically ready and strive to their highest, send them here. trust me this school is just amazing.

Posted December 02, 2010
So happy and truly blessed to have my kids in such a great school ! for the last three years all the teachers have been great . Now with my 4 year old starting pre k has really opened my eyes to what a wonderful school this truly is! im not one to really get all involed in my kids school with my third child who just turned two but in this school it makes u want to spend that time with your child and be that parent that your child says " that's my mommy" so thank you to whispering pines for going above and over the duty of a school.

Whispering Pines Elementary School 4

Posted October 29, 2010
I really do love this school. Their gifted program (called Discovery) is fabulous! It allows the intelligent kids to really excel, and segregates them from the juvenile delinquints that are present at all schools. The music programs are all top notch and the teachers are very caring about all students. The office staff is very helpful and friendly however, the aftercare program supervision can be inattentive and my kids hated being there. As far as parent involvement goes, it's always the same people trying to get everything done. Volunteers can be very hard to find throughout the parent population. Also, this school seems do be doing some sort of fundraiser every month, which can get a little old after a while. All this being said, the Discovery program is what's kept us in this school.

Whispering Pines Elementary School 4

Posted April 22, 2010
this school has great teachers who really want kids to succeed

Whispering Pines Elementary School
18929 Southwest 89th Road, Miami, FL  33157
Last modified Whispering Pines Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whispering Pines Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top