Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,145

Glades Middle School 1

Posted December 15, 2014
First of all, the principal is horrible; she gives so many opportunities to the 8th grader and what happens to the 6th and 7th? nothing, they just stand by the side lines and watch. she does not care about the younger kids at all as far as education and enjoyment for school. Overall, the board made a mistake picking her. I am quitting soon because of this absolute mess.

Glades Middle School 3

Posted May 27, 2014
The school used to be good until this school year with the new principal and new changes. I used to like this school but now it's super bad and the kids aren't the best example but most of the teachers are still okay. Boo to lanyard IDs, spill out only for 8th graders, and other new changes. The school would be better if it left the traditions that existed since before. Also, it would be better if the students weren't so inappropriate. I feel like my middle school experience would have been better if I went to a different school. This school didn't prepare me for the FCAT. I used to get all 5s and I got a 4 in Reading in 6th grade and I got a 3.5 in Writing! Either there is something wrong with the system or the teachers aren't teaching correctly. The new principal isn't encouraging us that much to learn either. We believe that the school has changed too much since 2 years ago, and not for the better.

Posted September 26, 2013
Glades Middle is a great school!! My son attends he got excellent scores on his fcat.

Posted September 27, 2012
I have absolutely nothing negative to say. From the principal to the maintenance employees, they are awesome. My child had an issue with a boy, we informed the principal - and matter taken care of from the onset, had no more problems after that. Teachers are caring, patient and always there to assist in any way they can. The system should provide school with more funding for school and the arts, thereby concentrating more on education. Overall, an excellent school. I highly recommend it.

Posted September 23, 2012
My son goes to Glades and he loves the school and so do I. It is very save and the principal and teachers have great control and excellent relations with the kids. I will recommend this school as one of the best middle schools in Miami. I love it and I wish it went all the way to 12 grade. The school also has a great band and I have never seen a teacher with such dedication to its job. Great school

Posted June 07, 2009
The teachers are very good and they understand the students and teach them in a fun way. The students are very friendly and awesome. This school will leave you with nothing but the best memories (:

Posted May 30, 2009
There is a very good school in Miami and that is Glades Middle School. The staff ,the teachers and the Principal are great human beings. This is a wonderful school. You can see how hard they try and how friendly they are towards everyone that walk in the school.

Posted December 20, 2008
Glades Middle School, is a great school, it has everything you can possibly ask for in a middle school. From it's time pacing teachers to there tough security Glades is that one school that all the other schools look up to and say, 'I wish our school was as good as there's.'

Posted October 01, 2008
this school is awesome i love it

Glades Middle School 4

Posted October 01, 2008
glades is a really great school and it has the best teachers i have ever met and i love then all every much

Glades Middle School
9451 Southwest 64th Street, Miami, FL  33173
Last modified Glades Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glades Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top