Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,145

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 19, 2015
I agree because they want you to be safe and at least for me the teachers wanted me to be successful especially in the ese department

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 19, 2015
When I was there, the teachers were supportive and compassionate people. They wanted to see you succeed

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 19, 2015
When I was there, the administration did very well in preventing fights. They were fair people

Glades Middle School 4

Posted August 19, 2015
Glades Middle School was a great school.. The teachers were very helpful and supportive. Also, I liked the administration better at Glades than I did at Sunset.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 05, 2015
The teachers are excellent and very attentive to the students. My son started his first year of middle school being very shy and withdrawn. He had a difficult time in elementary and hated school. After just a few weeks of attending Glades he was a completely different child. He would come home smiling and bragging about how much he loves his school.

Posted July 05, 2015
Glades Middle School is a great school. It is very organized and clean. The teachers are excellent.

Glades Middle School 1

Posted December 15, 2014
First of all, the principal is horrible; she gives so many opportunities to the 8th grader and what happens to the 6th and 7th? nothing, they just stand by the side lines and watch. she does not care about the younger kids at all as far as education and enjoyment for school. Overall, the board made a mistake picking her. I am quitting soon because of this absolute mess.

Glades Middle School 3

Posted May 27, 2014
The school used to be good until this school year with the new principal and new changes. I used to like this school but now it's super bad and the kids aren't the best example but most of the teachers are still okay. Boo to lanyard IDs, spill out only for 8th graders, and other new changes. The school would be better if it left the traditions that existed since before. Also, it would be better if the students weren't so inappropriate. I feel like my middle school experience would have been better if I went to a different school. This school didn't prepare me for the FCAT. I used to get all 5s and I got a 4 in Reading in 6th grade and I got a 3.5 in Writing! Either there is something wrong with the system or the teachers aren't teaching correctly. The new principal isn't encouraging us that much to learn either. We believe that the school has changed too much since 2 years ago, and not for the better.

Posted September 26, 2013
Glades Middle is a great school!! My son attends he got excellent scores on his fcat.

Posted September 27, 2012
I have absolutely nothing negative to say. From the principal to the maintenance employees, they are awesome. My child had an issue with a boy, we informed the principal - and matter taken care of from the onset, had no more problems after that. Teachers are caring, patient and always there to assist in any way they can. The system should provide school with more funding for school and the arts, thereby concentrating more on education. Overall, an excellent school. I highly recommend it.

9451 Southwest 64th Street, Miami, FL  33173
Last modified Glades Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glades Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top