916 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Great school really dedicated teachers. My child's math teacher Mr Rimmer is excellent! I love the fact that they reward the students for all of their accomplishments it motivates them and lets them know that the school cares.

Great school! My son started here this year in the magnet program and we're very happy with our decision to come here! The principal is wonderful! Very helpful, sincere, professional, encouraging and caring! High quality teachers that truly care about their jobs and the office staff and counselors are very accessible with any concerns. The asst principal is very involved as well. I was very concerned with my son starting middle school but have seen that they have high standards for the kids and address any misconduct. It's a safe and effective environment.

I attended a school tour today and was very glad to see such a wonderful school in operation. The students in class appeared to be in a very challenging, exciting and nurtured environment and every teacher that we encountered in class was full of spirit. You could see the glare in their eyes that they loved what they were doing, and that is the secret of success in any school. It is a trickle down effect that starts from the top. The principal (Ms. Thomas) is a disciplined & very passionate woman who genuinely enjoys what she does and works diligently with everyone at the school so that all runs smoothly. The magnet program lead teacher (Ms. Severino) is a lovely, patient, intelligent and very caring individual who adds so much to this wonderful school. This school has a phenomenal reputation in the community for all of its positive features. I believe this is absolutely the best middle school in our community. Thanks and keep up the great work!

This is a great school with absoutely wonderful teachers. My son is a straight A student who has never received anything but 5's on his FCAT, my point being this is by no means his home school and quite a drive...but worth it. The Magnet program can be very demanding at times, so be warned. As for fights and drugs I have not seen any, but by no means is my child lingering around the school before or after hours. That is asking for problems in ANY school.

What I think: I think this school is the ... BEST school EVER and forever will be that title. This School is NOT a drug school. The chances of a drug kid is : 1 out of 800. There is NO way this school could improve it is too Perfect. I think is was Bio (High school class) got 95% Passed. (My mom works here so I know) When it comes to sports ... We arent the at the Top in : Softball. But when it comes to Track& Field we are STARS and we will RULE any school. I've never EVER seen such a school with a better Team. I think one of the reasons why we score so High in FCAT is because we dont have lots of kids. But that means Our teachers can focus more on every Child. The uniforms have the most colors out of any school. Lately I have found LOTS of adults that Went to H.D Mcmillan. And now they are flying above everyone with jobs that changes out world today. This is not a Fake Writing Unlike some. This is coming from a student who goes to this school. I will NEVER regret going to this school. This is finally going to be the BEST year Ever. Go panthers.

Love most of my child's teachers but possibly the most unprofessional adminstration i have ever encountered.

Absolutely wonderful teachers working under a TERRIBLE administrative team. Decided to place my son in a charter school because of this.

was better. too many kids into drugs this time around and fights. Need better rules.

I am very happy to have chosen this school for my daughter. Excellent teacher. Excellent principal and assistant principal. This is an outstanding school as far as academic and discipline. It is a shame that Spanish was removed from electives choices. Other than that I have the best opinion. I'm soooooo! glad that I chose this school for my daughter. Escellent enviroment!!!!

im a student class of 2010-11 this school is fun the teachers are very nice ,and funny and some are mean like all schools have the rules are a little too much and the school doesn't have windows so when when the a/c doesn't work you cant breath unless the teacher brought a fan. the kids are mostly funny if you go with the good children the bad ones are always in trouble and if your new to the school you will get lost but just ask the teachers im in 8th grade and i came in 2010 i got lost for a month or two and all the walls looked the same but you will get use to it

Last modified Howard D. Mcmillan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.