1,226 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted October 14, 2015
Norma Butler Bossard Elementary strives for student excellence. The teachers and administrators work together to make sure all students have a great experience!

Norma Butler Bossard Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 14, 2015
My daughter was fortunate to have Ms. Hobby as her 4th and 5th grade teacher. She spent two wonderful years soaking up everything Ms. Hobby presented to her. Ms. Hobby had the students read many different genres of books and my daughter became a voracious reader. Ms. Hobby pushed her students to read and comprehend books reserved for older students. The transition to middle school was a piece of cake because she was so well prepared. My daughter continues to be an avid reader of many genres. She had an excellent foundation and she really won the lottery having Ms. Hobby as her teacher.

Posted July 27, 2014
My daughter completed the VPK program last year and had an excellent experience! The teachers were not only extremely loving and caring, but made sure that she learned more than what was required for a pre-k student! I am very grateful that she was able to participate in the program!

Posted June 07, 2014
I am amazed by the great job all the teachers and staff in general do day after day, year after year. I wouldn't change a thing. We have two kids at the school and we have experienced all grade levels. Teachers are amazing and go beyond helping your child. Feels like a big family to us.

Norma Butler Bossard Elementary School 1

Posted December 05, 2013
The administration at this school SUCKS. everyone is extremely RUDE. no manners, don't even greet the parents HORRIBLE they should really attend a customer service class...

Posted June 28, 2013
I graduated from the 5th grade class of 2013 at NBB with Mrs.Kelly Hobby. She has been an amazing teacher.I loved the way she taught every subject to the class, in other words she was an amazing teacher. She never lost focus and was always determined to help all of her students learn and succeed.Thank you for being you, for a great school year, recess, and for always going the extra mile as a teacher.I can t think of a teacher who could have made this year any more special than you did. I will always remember you.

Posted June 11, 2013
My son is now graduating from the 5th grade class at NBB with Ms. Kelly Hobby. She has been an amazing teacher. The students enjoyed going to school because she made learning fun. She never lost focus on what was important in the curriculum and always made sure the students had the opportunity to ask questions and understand the topic. I could always reach out to her for feedback on his assignments and grades. My son received all 5s in his FCAT Science, Math and Reading and a lot of it has to do with Ms. Hobby's skills of being a teacher. She will be missed.

Norma Butler Bossard Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2013
We just moved to the area. My son will be starting 1st grade next year and I'm worry about this school having 36 kids to a class. Went to the office with my cocerns and they were rude. I'm thinking of transferring him to an out of the area school.

Posted January 25, 2013
I love this school! I think adminstration has done a wonderful job taking care of such an enormous amount of students and parents. The teachers love what they do and go above and beyond the call of duty. Everyone has a bad day, there is always a transitional period when new leadership comes to a new place, and although this principal is different than the previous one, I think Ms. Medina is great. She is helpful and compassionate and loves what she does.

Posted October 22, 2012
Somohano not qualified enough! I've heard great comments about NBB, though I have encountered bad experiences with the Assistant Principal Lorena Somohano. She has snapped at my daughter (K) twice for no reason. First time Ms. Somohano did not know I was around and spoke to her in a MEAN way. Second time I was present and could not believe someone with a positon as a Assistant Principal would not have the skills to speak or at least pay attention to what kids have to say. Ignoring does not nurture or lead to anything positive, especially if a K student is approaching you to express something. May not affect your day, but definately affects theirs! I held back as I don't want any reprisals to be taken against my daughter. Though everyone else has been very nice and helpful.

Norma Butler Bossard Elementary School
15950 Southwest 144th Street, Miami, FL  33196
Last modified Norma Butler Bossard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.