Posted July 27, 2014
My daughter completed the VPK program last year and had an excellent experience! The teachers were not only extremely loving and caring, but made sure that she learned more than what was required for a pre-k student! I am very grateful that she was able to participate in the program!

Posted June 07, 2014
I am amazed by the great job all the teachers and staff in general do day after day, year after year. I wouldn't change a thing. We have two kids at the school and we have experienced all grade levels. Teachers are amazing and go beyond helping your child. Feels like a big family to us.

Norma Butler Bossard Elementary School 1

Posted December 05, 2013
The administration at this school SUCKS. everyone is extremely RUDE. no manners, don't even greet the parents HORRIBLE they should really attend a customer service class...

Posted June 28, 2013
I graduated from the 5th grade class of 2013 at NBB with Mrs.Kelly Hobby. She has been an amazing teacher.I loved the way she taught every subject to the class, in other words she was an amazing teacher. She never lost focus and was always determined to help all of her students learn and succeed.Thank you for being you, for a great school year, recess, and for always going the extra mile as a teacher.I can t think of a teacher who could have made this year any more special than you did. I will always remember you.

Posted June 11, 2013
My son is now graduating from the 5th grade class at NBB with Ms. Kelly Hobby. She has been an amazing teacher. The students enjoyed going to school because she made learning fun. She never lost focus on what was important in the curriculum and always made sure the students had the opportunity to ask questions and understand the topic. I could always reach out to her for feedback on his assignments and grades. My son received all 5s in his FCAT Science, Math and Reading and a lot of it has to do with Ms. Hobby's skills of being a teacher. She will be missed.

Posted January 25, 2013
I love this school! I think adminstration has done a wonderful job taking care of such an enormous amount of students and parents. The teachers love what they do and go above and beyond the call of duty. Everyone has a bad day, there is always a transitional period when new leadership comes to a new place, and although this principal is different than the previous one, I think Ms. Medina is great. She is helpful and compassionate and loves what she does.

Posted October 22, 2012
Somohano not qualified enough! I've heard great comments about NBB, though I have encountered bad experiences with the Assistant Principal Lorena Somohano. She has snapped at my daughter (K) twice for no reason. First time Ms. Somohano did not know I was around and spoke to her in a MEAN way. Second time I was present and could not believe someone with a positon as a Assistant Principal would not have the skills to speak or at least pay attention to what kids have to say. Ignoring does not nurture or lead to anything positive, especially if a K student is approaching you to express something. May not affect your day, but definately affects theirs! I held back as I don't want any reprisals to be taken against my daughter. Though everyone else has been very nice and helpful.

Norma Butler Bossard Elementary School 4

Posted October 15, 2012
I do not like the school principal NBB. Ms Medina is mediocre. She don't know how to talk to students and parents. She don't know how to organize activities. Last Christmas was a poor performance at the Christmas show and was her fault. The other school principal who was better and was who put high the name of the school, now she is no longer in school and everything is a mess. The teachers and staff are very good. They deserve a better leader.

Posted September 04, 2012
I like the school and the staff but it is way overcrowded these kids must come from other districts no way so many live in this small district... 36 kids in a Kindergarten class is crazy!!!!!! Also quite a few unattended children left alone in the courtyard before school opens with no supervision ..

Posted May 14, 2012
I cannot stress enough how outstanding the Pre-K program is at NBB. The teachers are more than qualified for this program. I have my daughter there and its incredible how advanced she is now compared to the begining of the school year. Mrs. Reid & Mrs. Ojeda are such beautiful woman, inside & out! Thank you for teaching my little one everything she know today!!

Norma Butler Bossard Elementary School
15950 Southwest 144th Street, Miami, FL  33196
Last modified Norma Butler Bossard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norma Butler Bossard Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top