Posted September 06, 2014
I currently attend this school and am in the seventh grade, i recieved a perfect reading FCAT score and a high 5 on the math. I think this school is a great middle school but am not planning on attending highschool. If you want the right information take it from me, i have attended the school for two years and one of my best friends has attended it for three and is in the eight grade. I think it is a good middle school and has a very great academic program.

Posted July 23, 2014
As to the post of June 29th, again this is the same individual that cannot address the facts and objective measurements that reflect the excellence of YWPA. YWPA is a leadership-magnet school with an advanced curriculum. As noted on the YWPA website the school has been rated as the 9th most rigorous high school in the United States by the Washington Post. The school does teach, foster and promote its leadership program with a lot more breadth, scope and purpose than simply the 7 Habits program. It is part of each teacher's obligation at YWPA to instill leadership concepts and instruction into the curriculum. Again the facts speak for themselves. One Gates Millenium Leadership Scholarship, Two POSSE Leadership Scholarships and multiple other awards and recognition for leadership. Some people only want to teardown, often in an effort to mask other issues. Take it from a parent that has spent 8 years involved with the school both as a parent of a student, and as an ESSAC representitive. I know the facts and have the information to support my contentions. As I previously reminded the poster, you are entitled to your own opinion but not your own set of facts.

Young Womens Preparatory Academy 1

Posted June 29, 2014
The leadership program does not exist as a formal program in this school is just a label, the program is based on an outdated self help book which the school isn't even authorized to implement due to the fact they lack a license to implement it. This blog is designed to help parents voice their opinion about problems within the school that need fixing in hopes they would be corrected.To parents: when choosing a new school the rule of thumb is "buyers beware" don't get caught in the "statistics mumbo jumbo"...

Posted June 24, 2014
YWPA is wonderful. As in all schools there is sometimes a rotten apple. In this case its a parent. We are all glad to bid them goodbye. Off they go to harass their next school. Makes you wonder why they stayed for 3 years. I have been a teacher here since day 1. It is an awesome school with great students and staff who strive for and reach excellence regularly. IF you were so displeased with a place ,would you stay for 3 years? I certainly wish them the same they wished all of us I am glad to begin a new school year at YWPA with a new class of eager,bright children.

Young Womens Preparatory Academy 1

Posted June 03, 2014
To be honest, this school has been such a traumatizing experience for both me and my child. When I first took a tour of this school, they informed me that the school was an academically rigorous academy with individualized teaching and plenty of room for my child to learn and grow and it pains me to say that not only was I bamboozled, but so were all of the parents who sent their children here expecting a decent education. The majority of the teachers lack the skills and abilities to teach the students and simply just feed them enough information to pass the class, the teachers treat the students as their own children which has become an increasingly disturbing problem, and the students that they accept into the school lack the academic motivation to succeed. Overall, one of the worst school experiences, me and my child have had to endure.

Posted January 08, 2014
Young Women's Preparatory Academy is fantastic opportunity for highly motivated young women to receive an education of quality and depth and place themselves in a position to be college ready at the time of graduation.

Posted October 17, 2013
This is a FANTASTIC YWPA family. The quality of care, teaching, rapport, communication, staff and leadership that this school provides is excellent. First, the interest in the school. Second, what it takes to get in. These parents care. The more we can get of parent participation, which is where it begins, then we all benefit. My daughter benefits from the challenging curriculum, great activities, some from the PTSA and great role models. We are very proud. We plan to step up and help the new students and parents by being their role models. We know as parents that our daughter has a greater opportunities in her future at YWPA. This environment creates future leaders that we can be proud of based on the quality of great leadership at YWPA.

Posted October 09, 2013
I can think of no better place to teach. This is a fantastic community of professionals who are genuinely interested in and are aware of every one of the 412 students in the building. I cannont wait until my daughter is old enough to attend YWPA.

Posted October 08, 2013
YWPA has been the best decision that I've made for my daughter. Three years ago, I was concerned to find a middle school that will help my daughter cope with the changes of becoming a teenager. The school has though her confidence, leadership, and the most important is her grades have improved 100%. Also the teachers make the curriculum so interesting for her that she wants to due better everyday. As years passed, and courses get harder she tells me mami before when school was easier, I did not have such good grades than now when school is harder . An amazing school, with great girls and even better staff!!! GO YWPA!

Posted April 23, 2013
Applying to YWPA was the best decision that I've made for my daughter five years ago......... as a concerned parent I was looking for a middle school that would help my daughter with the transition of becoming a teenager and knowing that peer peasure and a lot of many other things that comes with that age......I was also worried with the distration of BOYS in school instead of her being focused on school. Looking back, it has been an excellent choice. Knowing that shes become an excellent young lady in school, with grades, leadership and self confidence that will help her succeed. Now as a 10th grader shes focused with school and its able to handle her social life on the weekends. And yes, even boys! An amazing school, with great girls and even better staff!!!

Young Womens Preparatory Academy
1150 Southwest 1st Street, Miami, FL  33130
Last modified Young Womens Preparatory Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Young Womens Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top