Miami, FL

Richmond Heights Middle School 3

Posted June 17, 2014
I have graduated RHMS Class of 2014 and I can say that my experience had its ups and downs. I was in their zoo magnet program and honestly, that's the reason I stayed for my three years. I was in the gifted program, there was teachers that I liked and some I didn't. The staff are usually rude to other students. Except it seems that the EBD students are treated better than the regular/advanced/gifted. Although the staff was disrespectful, the administration try to strive for their students to succeed in any way possible. I would give this school a 3 out of 5 stars. It was okay.

Posted January 12, 2014
From speaking from years ago attending thiz school,this is a great school.I remember back in the day me,and my siblings use to attend Richmond Junior during our middle school years.We attended 6-8 grade here.The teachers are really great.Especially the special education teachers here,working with students with learning disabilities.They are AWESOME.The Principle,Teachers,and staff takes so much pride in the students here.The atmosphere here, is a warm,loving atmosphere for the students.These teachers go above and beyond for the students here.Plus,the students here are like sisters,and brothers here.They are sweet students.I remember back in the day,me and my siblings and our classmates use to come to school an hour early in the mornings just to walk to "Mr Jerrys" he was the king of snacks back in the day.Plus,the school had pep rallys,and etc for the students.Lord,knows those were the vood school days for us.

Richmond Heights Middle School 2

Posted October 19, 2013
The problem I have with this school is that they make it so hard to try and change classes for your child so they would not sit there and fail. I have been trying to get my child's classes changed and I am at a lost.

Posted September 30, 2012
Richmond Heights middle is a great school! My son is a new 6th grader to the school and I must admit that I LOVE THE SCHOOL! We live really far from the school and my son has to catch the train and bus to school everyday but it is well worth it. I love that the teachers and administration are strict and very involved in the students education. My son actually enjoys going to school. If I can give more then 5 stars I woulds.

Posted August 20, 2011
wow, who ever wrote the post on July 2, 2011-- you are very right about the school not teaching you "a thing". It's obvious that you did not learn how to spell or use any proper grammar. I hope that in the new school you attend you learn how to spell and learn how to use proper grammar. Best of luck to you.

Posted August 15, 2011
This school was the best thing that ever happen to me! I made so many friends that I STILL have with me! The teachers are amazing and they relationship with them is even greater! I went to high school fully prepared and graduated with honors BECAUSE of RHMS! My English teacher (she who shall not be named) was like my mom! Because of her I walk through life with my head up high and learned to pick my fights. I have so much to thank this school for and giving it a low score or bad review would be a lie and not right at all!

Posted July 02, 2011
this school is the most horrible school that ive ever been to i wont miss it not a single day that goes bye i dont understand how people can actually like this school i agree with the very second person writeing this school dose not teach u a thing the teachers dont care about us students i attented this school for a few months and just bye those few months this school scared me to tell you the truth i know im only a student and parents probaly wont care what i think but a t least think before you put your child in this school beacause its terible and horrible all mixed together

Posted March 24, 2011
I have attended Richmond for 3 years and let me tell you that I enjoyed those years. People say that the teachers don't teach you anything,but the truth is that they do teach you,and very well. It is up to the student on whether they want to learn or not. They have amazing magnet programs that can help you get high school credits. I was in the zoo magnet program and I would always look forward to go to the zoo everyday.I also went to plenty of feild trips while I was there. It is true that there are fights,but EVERY school has fights,people just like to point out the negative things about this school and leave the good in the dark. Just because the school has a low grade doesn't mean one won't learn. When I finished middle school I entered high school and took all 10th grade classes in my first year,Richmond helped me get ahead.the teachers try and prepare you for High school as well as they can so you wont have to struggle. Overall Richmond is a good school.In the end it is up to the student on whether they are willing to be responsible and learn.

Posted August 23, 2010
Richmond has its ups and downs... like all schools. My first year was the 09- 10 school year and It was everything but terrible. My teachers were humorous, but got the job done. All you have to do, which most kids fail to do, is to be quiet and listen and your experience there will be one of the best. Now I believe this school is underfunded, therefore there isnt many fieldtrips. Now to zoo magnet. One word.... AMAZING! If you love animals, this is the program for you! The teachers appeal to the children's nature. Bullying and stealing is a bit of a problem but not a very high problem, but most schools deal with this. I highly recommend this school. A raider 4 eva xoxoxo <3 u RICHMOND

Posted May 09, 2010
I never learned a thing from this school, trust me whoever is reading this, dont put your child in this school. It teaches you nothing at all. Thats the reason why i moved out of the area.

Richmond Heights Middle School
15015 Southwest 103rd Avenue, Miami, FL  33176
Last modified Richmond Heights Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richmond Heights Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top