Posted November 24, 2014
The Principal is horrible. He stays in his office all day and when he comes out is to be mean to his staff. The staff has no idea what to do when he leaves his office. I have been an active member of this school for the last 25 years. I went there, my sister, my eldest son and my youngest one is there now. It has never been ran so bad. They are very mean to students and to the parents as well. If you do not speak English they will act like if you are uneducated. Very disappointed in the school.

Posted July 29, 2014
This school is AWFUL. The principal hides in his office all day and is passive aggressive. The staff do the best they can while working under his fear and intimidation tactics. The AP is just following in his footsteps. The curriculum is very easy and the students breeze through their courses. Take your child somewhere else. This school is AWFUL.

Posted June 17, 2014
one of the worst school in dade, principal and some teachers are just overpaid staff probably hired by "someone", if you love your child please take him(her) to a different school

Riviera Middle School 5

Posted June 16, 2014
This is the best school ever ! I'm going to miss these middle school years . #ClassOf2014 Best Class Ever

Posted February 18, 2013
This is a very poor school. My child was bullied continually and the staff did not do anything about it. The ESE teachers are good but the administrators are awful. I had to remove my child from this school. If you have a choice do not send your school here.

Riviera Middle School 4

Posted February 16, 2013
This school may not seem as awesome as it is said to be, nevertheless it is a SCHOOL. Any where you go you have your dramas, your fights, etc. This school is what it is and actually holds higher standards than what most schools have. Schools can have an A average and be pressuring there students to death. The C is not our fault but the impromptu induction of a new grading system. instead of barking at us they praised us for giving our best effort. the ESE portion of this school is amazing as well as the ESOL and Mix and STIR Magnet. Believe What You want, but this school IS my home away from home

Riviera Middle School 3

Posted February 13, 2013
Disappointed with this school overall, its now a "C" school with the new grading system, previously a "B" and would have been an "A" this year if not for the new grading system. The principal is top notch, but unfortunately cannot say the same about all his staff. The Magnet side people are extremely helpful, not so the regular side of the school where we had a run in with a counselor the first day who just did not seem to want to do their job. 6 subjects, 6 teachers, 2 good, 3 average, 1 not so good. Hes in advanced classes as we did not want to put the added pressure of gifted, but this school is so easy to breeze through its not funny, so next year, gifted it is. Basically, if your Magnet with gifted or ESE this is a good school, else you might want to look elsewhere if you can. Afterschool activities were also a big letdown, so many things listed on the roster at the begiinning, but took many months to happen and even then pretty disorganized.

Riviera Middle School 4

Posted June 05, 2012
My son is about to enter this school, so I hope it can be worth the score!

Riviera Middle School 3

Posted April 03, 2012
Honestly parental comments are nice and all but its nothing to what the students actually have to say. I'm not sure if they still have the BIR thing, (Because It's Right). What. The. Heck. That entire "program" was a waste of students time. Its very unsanitary, and the entire school is a sink or swim situation. If your kid doesn't try, they aren't going to make it. The MIX program? I get the kids think its fun and stuff, but I used to just talk in that class and i still got A's. Don't be decieved that they are actually making "music" with great effort. And i'm honestly so confused on how that is a magnet program. Anywho some of the rules they had were ridiculous and overbearing. Tuck in your shirts, and your sweater has to have a zipper? We aren't nuns here, and getting a detention for that? Please.

Posted September 08, 2011
Worst school ever. If you think you are doing what's best for your child, think again. They care only about dollar signs and Mr. Cohen is proof. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. I also know of another family that had a similar situattion at that school and they did not act correctly.

Riviera Middle School
10301 Southwest 48th Street, Miami, FL  33165
Last modified Riviera Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riviera Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top