702 students|Dade

Bad
Good

I let my son down by sending him here for 3 years. We came because of the MIX program, and i believe he learned something valuable from that magnet program. However, the rest of the school is very disappointed, from the top down. The principal, whom i began the three years with great respect, by the end i had no belief in his ability to do his job. The teachers generally are there for their paycheck and pensions, though there are still a couple that care. If you have a choice, and there is always a choice, go somewhere else. If you absolutely have to send your child to this school, make sure they are in the gifted program as that is where the teachers are that still have desire to see their pupils succeed. In the last year of school, my son was failing Algebra I, when i finally got a hold of the principal (i had to go there in person as he did not return my calls) his response was "you can take it again in High school next year".

I agree that this school is awful. I have voiced several concerns to the principal and he is rude and disregards everything. This is the second year that my daughter has been there and everyday she dislikes it more. Very difficult for me to know I helped her make the choice to go there. Bullying on the bus has been addressed to principal and counselor and nothing gets done. Planning on enrolling my daughter elsewhere next year since the magnet program accepts everyone and does not follow criteria, allowing everyone in regardless of protocol and therefore lowering the class of students. It is a numbers game there.

Responsibly for admissions one Impresentable. Only care about one thing: money. Very disappointing in every way. Seek other options because any other will be much better.

The Principal is horrible. He stays in his office all day and when he comes out is to be mean to his staff. The staff has no idea what to do when he leaves his office. I have been an active member of this school for the last 25 years. I went there, my sister, my eldest son and my youngest one is there now. It has never been ran so bad. They are very mean to students and to the parents as well. If you do not speak English they will act like if you are uneducated. Very disappointed in the school.

This school is AWFUL. The principal hides in his office all day and is passive aggressive. The staff do the best they can while working under his fear and intimidation tactics. The AP is just following in his footsteps. The curriculum is very easy and the students breeze through their courses. Take your child somewhere else. This school is AWFUL.

one of the worst school in dade, principal and some teachers are just overpaid staff probably hired by "someone", if you love your child please take him(her) to a different school

This is the best school ever ! I'm going to miss these middle school years . #ClassOf2014 Best Class Ever

Yes. My son likes this school! And the teachers are very nice to him. I am glad that my son is at this school.

This is a very poor school. My child was bullied continually and the staff did not do anything about it. The ESE teachers are good but the administrators are awful. I had to remove my child from this school. If you have a choice do not send your school here.

This school may not seem as awesome as it is said to be, nevertheless it is a SCHOOL. Any where you go you have your dramas, your fights, etc. This school is what it is and actually holds higher standards than what most schools have. Schools can have an A average and be pressuring there students to death. The C is not our fault but the impromptu induction of a new grading system. instead of barking at us they praised us for giving our best effort. the ESE portion of this school is amazing as well as the ESOL and Mix and STIR Magnet. Believe What You want, but this school IS my home away from home

Last modified Riviera Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.